Author Topic: Stardew Valley help  (Read 711 times)

Victim in Pain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
Stardew Valley help
« on: April 10, 2021, 08:37:56 AM »
Yes I know I’m very late playing this game and I also used the search function and couldn’t find any tips. There is no way I’m playing this right. I’m 8 days in on the game and all I do is get up, check the tv, hack away rocks and trees until 10 am when all my stamina is gone and then I have to either go to bed or pass out. When I watch YouTube vids they talk about crazy shit like fighting monsters in caves and making grain silos and I’m just trying to figure out how to not pass out before noon. Do I eat something? Game is really fun.

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
Re: Stardew Valley help
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 06:47:13 PM »
Yes I know I’m very late playing this game and I also used the search function and couldn’t find any tips. There is no way I’m playing this right. I’m 8 days in on the game and all I do is get up, check the tv, hack away rocks and trees until 10 am when all my stamina is gone and then I have to either go to bed or pass out. When I watch YouTube vids they talk about crazy shit like fighting monsters in caves and making grain silos and I’m just trying to figure out how to not pass out before noon. Do I eat something? Game is really fun.

Never played, have heard great things.
A quick search reveals a pretty extensive wiki on it, including this page on Energy.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 11:56:55 AM »
I know reddit is wack or whatever but the gaming subs are really good for this stuff https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewValley/comments/mohmob/faqs_and_beginner_questions/

so HSU me

• Rep: -2
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 01:13:59 PM »
That's kinda how it is early game.
But once you do your morning chores, you should leave your farm and do some foraging.
Just keep those foraged items on you, and eat them when you run low on energy.

Eventually you will level up and have more energy.
But even later in the game you'll need to keep food in your inventory for an energy boost.

Also exploring the map and meeting the villagers is important.
Don't just spend your time tending farm and doing chores. Get out there and explore.
Fishing was really hard at first too but worth it in the end.

also this website is helpful
https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Getting_Started

Mongey

• Rep: -5
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2021, 10:21:54 PM »
It’s a great game. I sunk a bunch of hours into it. Got to a point where I had done a bunch of the side stuff but couldn’t be bothered maintaining relationships and stuff. I have real life for that.

Once you get it going you do all your jobs in the morning. Then you got time to  go do stuff.

I did use the wiki thing posted above a bunch.

Avenue356

• Rep: 0
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2021, 08:52:26 PM »
Thanks keep supporting

Walgreenslistens

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2021, 11:51:13 AM »
get the backpack from the shop asap

always reserve energy to catch some fish early game, also start that asap

use the shovel to dig up shit from oddlylooking ground tiles

dont just hack away at the start. just have two 3x3 fields for a start so youll have energy for other shit

explore and talk to everyone you meet rrgardless if you want build up relationships, youll find the caves soon enough

marley $kate

• Rep: -21
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2021, 12:24:29 PM »
kick