Author Topic: Escape from Tarkov  (Read 563 times)

TranquilElephant

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
Escape from Tarkov
« on: December 16, 2021, 05:47:59 AM »
This may be a shot in the dark but are there any tarkov players here? If so, how are you guys enjoying the wipe so far?

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
Re: Escape from Tarkov
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 02:57:01 PM »
game looks gnarly

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1198
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2021, 04:51:25 PM »
I checked it out, looks like it could be a lot of fun but also pretty daunting to get into.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

TranquilElephant

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2021, 06:53:43 PM »
I checked it out, looks like it could be a lot of fun but also pretty daunting to get into.
Ya there's a lot of weird shit you gotta learn but it's fun

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 85
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2021, 07:49:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Ya there's a lot of weird shit you gotta learn but it's fun

I've been seriously considering it. Warzone is driving me bonkers.

TranquilElephant

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2021, 06:19:10 AM »
This game is torturous in its own way

newguy

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2021, 06:06:12 PM »
Before you had VOIP you could dick around with voicelines before dunking on extraction points campers with a frag.

Now you can directly insult them and then frag them.

good game

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2021, 04:04:42 AM »
i got the game in a sale two years ago but haven't played it a lot. it's pretty terrifying to play alone, at least for me. i wasn't even bad, i just tend to get real paranoid in games such as this.

if anyone wants to play dm me. i'd be down to check the new wipe. voip seems like a cool addition. i'd like to play relaxed and not take shit too seriously, to save my nerves. actually stopped playing because i had one of the worst gaming fallouts with a friend on this game... like i was cool, but every time he died he'd blame me for not killing the scav or dude that killed him. then i was bummed out on the game for a while.

if you play this game you have to accept you will die in 7/10 raids and lose your shit, that's just how it goes. my buddy stopped playing completely because it was too frustrating for him in the end. i think evengetting out of 50% of your raids is considered to be pretty good already. you just have to make enough money when you survive so you can stay afloat with your funds.

TranquilElephant

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2021, 07:22:15 AM »
i got the game in a sale two years ago but haven't played it a lot. it's pretty terrifying to play alone, at least for me. i wasn't even bad, i just tend to get real paranoid in games such as this.

if anyone wants to play dm me. i'd be down to check the new wipe. voip seems like a cool addition. i'd like to play relaxed and not take shit too seriously, to save my nerves. actually stopped playing because i had one of the worst gaming fallouts with a friend on this game... like i was cool, but every time he died he'd blame me for not killing the scav or dude that killed him. then i was bummed out on the game for a while.

if you play this game you have to accept you will die in 7/10 raids and lose your shit, that's just how it goes. my buddy stopped playing completely because it was too frustrating for him in the end. i think evengetting out of 50% of your raids is considered to be pretty good already. you just have to make enough money when you survive so you can stay afloat with your funds.
Yea I could see how that situation with your friend could bum you out on this game. Solo is honestly my favorite way to play but duos can be fun as well. I can’t play games with people who can’t look at there own gameplay objectively and just blame anything else for their death, it just takes all the fun out of it.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2022, 09:49:06 AM »
@TranquilElephant

if you are down to play with a beginner, feel free to hit me up. i just reinstalled and have been doing offline customs runs to get to know the expansion a bit and refamiliarize with the controls.

actually didn't know about the invisible snipers on the edge of the expansion and got killed twice by them until i looked up a newer map XD

i've also been doing raids or scav runs on interchange, reserve and factory when i played in the past, but i wouldn't say i know the ins and outs of those really well.

i'm probably really bad, but i can usually follow guidance. in the few raids i did solo, i always tried to keep as low a profile as possible. but i would be down to go for more pvp. would probably be good because the pvp part is the most terrifying thing for me. if that sounds like too much work, it's all good as well :)

definitely want to get over the hump of being terrified of solo raids. in the midst of action it's not even that bad, mostly i'm just dreading the initial spawn and the confusion that comes with it.

my profilename is ca$hmoneyvagrant

pmc name: whatsuphomie