Author Topic: Short shorts... think Lucas  (Read 2246 times)

Juliet Berto

Re: Short shorts... think Lucas
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2021, 09:25:50 PM »
It's cool to see that so may of you wear Patagonia Baggies –– I've used them for years, and they're truly deeply versatile and the quality is primo. I'm sure that they're possible to tear, but I've been shocked at the slams that i've taken in them to no effect that I'm convinced would have ripped my duck canvas work pants.

For those just trying them, a few small points of consideration: desired length is completely subjective, but unless you really want something short I would definitely order the 7" "longs". I wear them towards the waist as they're designed to be worn, as opposed to saggy boy board short style, and they're a nice length but definitely not long, especially when you factor in them riding up when pushing, walking, sitting, etc.

Also, almost everyone here says to cut out the liner –– I would at least try them out with the liner before doing that. A major difference is that I normally don't wear underwear with long pants, so both for support and to avoid flashing the general pubic incessantly, I use the liner and I think it works really well and I hardly notice it. Cutting them out also kinda fucks up their potential to be used for swimming. A couple of years ago they had an absolutely insane, awful redesign where they honestly nearly doubled the size of the liner to where it felt like a saggy mesh diaper under your shorts, but they fixed that (although I haven't bought any new pairs in over a year at this point). A few years ago they also began constructing them from I believe 100% recycled nylon, so they're fairly "green" for a corporate product.

As for Sock Talk, I prefer Maggie's Organics "Organic Cotton Sports Sock" crew socks (not their casual crew socks). To me they're really a great, all-around classic white sock that are incredibly well-made and long-lasting, and excellent for skating. They are expensive, but you can save a bit by buying the 6-pack as I do. I just bought another 7 pairs after using a rotation of 8 pairs for three-and-half years, and they had no holes or substantial wear, only slightly losing some elasticity and having developed some light pilling after years of heavy use.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 10:13:50 PM by Juliet Berto »

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2021, 03:45:47 AM »
cheapo option (also encouraging fast fashion) would be going to decathlon or any other cheap sports store
They have every color in the world for 7€ and are OK quality, no fancy logo tho

Bro decathlon is the shit.

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2021, 03:48:22 AM »
It's cool to see that so may of you wear Patagonia Baggies –– I've used them for years, and they're truly deeply versatile and the quality is primo. I'm sure that they're possible to tear, but I've been shocked at the slams that i've taken in them to no effect that I'm convinced would have ripped my duck canvas work pants.

For those just trying them, a few small points of consideration: desired length is completely subjective, but unless you really want something short I would definitely order the 7" "longs". I wear them towards the waist as they're designed to be worn, as opposed to saggy boy board short style, and they're a nice length but definitely not long, especially when you factor in them riding up when pushing, walking, sitting, etc.

Also, almost everyone here says to cut out the liner –– I would at least try them out with the liner before doing that. A major difference is that I normally don't wear underwear with long pants, so both for support and to avoid flashing the general pubic incessantly, I use the liner and I think it works really well and I hardly notice it. Cutting them out also kinda fucks up their potential to be used for swimming. A couple of years ago they had an absolutely insane, awful redesign where they honestly nearly doubled the size of the liner to where it felt like a saggy mesh diaper under your shorts, but they fixed that (although I haven't bought any new pairs in over a year at this point). A few years ago they also began constructing them from I believe 100% recycled nylon, so they're fairly "green" for a corporate product.

As for Sock Talk, I prefer Maggie's Organics "Organic Cotton Sports Sock" crew socks (not their casual crew socks). To me they're really a great, all-around classic white sock that are incredibly well-made and long-lasting, and excellent for skating. They are expensive, but you can save a bit by buying the 6-pack as I do. I just bought another 7 pairs after using a rotation of 8 pairs for three-and-half years, and they had no holes or substantial wear, only slightly losing some elasticity and having developed some light pilling after years of heavy use.

People cut the liner?? Damn that has « No fears » written all over, my one fear when wearing swim trunks is my junk showing

Fly_Hoenn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2021, 01:04:49 AM »
So the best bet is Patagonia baggies?
Decathlon is fine for the price but they got so much stuff at the store that i just quit looking for shit.
Also, what shorts is Bryan Albarenga rocking? Kinda look like Big Boys but did polar ever do shorts?

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -480
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2021, 07:05:33 AM »
Decathlon is fine for the price but they got so much stuff at the store that i just quit looking for shit.
Also, what shorts is Bryan Albarenga rocking? Kinda look like Big Boys but did polar ever do shorts?

Bought two pairs earlier this month and they might be my favorite shorts out. Go 5 inch tho the 7 is kinda long.

Also a lot of y’all either have huge dicks or too small of shorts if your afraid of your dick showing in swim trunks .as someone who’s religiously worn trunks as shorts for the last decade I’m pretty sure that only happened to me once due to awkward seating position on the bike a the gym.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 59
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2021, 08:46:23 AM »
H+M womens running shorts are great. I haven't skated in them but they have a spandex under layer for those of who don't wear underwear and have relatively simple but nice design.
I suspect their male counterparts are exacrly the same with no biking short-like under layer.

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2021, 09:31:56 AM »
has anyone ever wore the frog swim shorts? can you speak on them?

Landmine

• Rep: 184
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2021, 10:57:12 AM »
Does no one just cut the legs off of the jeans you've ruined?  I picked up some lightweight drawstring shorts and I felt so awkward I went back to the good ol cut offs.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2021, 11:23:39 AM »

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2021, 04:40:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Bought two pairs earlier this month and they might be my favorite shorts out. Go 5 inch tho the 7 is kinda long.

Also a lot of y’all either have huge dicks or too small of shorts if your afraid of your dick showing in swim trunks .as someone who’s religiously worn trunks as shorts for the last decade I’m pretty sure that only happened to me once due to awkward seating position on the bike a the gym.

I've been skating in Patagonia baggies and cutting the liner out for like 6 years. In summer time they are my primary skate kit. I skate in shorts a lot in the summer. If not baggies maybe track shorts or basketball shorts, but primarily baggies.

Like a month or so ago, I was in a store in my town and I saw they had a pair that didn't have a liner in them. I was like boom I'm immediately buying them. I got home and saw a big W on the tag so I bought women's shorts without realizing. I guess I thought they were a M. They are actually a women's XL. I love them. Best skate shorts of my life. They are actually pretty big on me. They rule. If I have too much in my pocket, they start to fall down but that's not big deal.