Author Topic: Fast Food  (Read 7219 times)

Big Baby Jesus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
    • Suciu avatar image
Re: Fast Food
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2021, 04:35:04 AM »
Popeyes spicy chicken sandwich is god tier. Also Arby's kinda hits, some of their more premium sandwiches are great. I refuse to eat dollar menu shit unless I'm in a hurry or broke.

Came here for this. Is that sandwich really that good?? Any dissenting opinions? Still haven't tried.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2021, 04:50:07 AM »
I get Wendy's twice a year because there is one in the parking lot of the strip mall my dentist's office is in.  The thing I hate about fast food is how good it looks in advertising and how bad it looks when you actually get it.  On TV the burgers look so good, then when get one they are all tiny and soggy. 

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2021, 09:03:31 AM »

How does Popeyes compare to kfc?

Everything about Popeye's is better, except maybe the biscuits. And yes, that sandwich is super good. Except the pickles, but I just don't like pickled cucumbers.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1434
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2021, 11:24:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Everything about Popeye's is better, except maybe the biscuits. And yes, that sandwich is super good. Except the pickles, but I just don't like pickled cucumbers.

Hard disagree on the biscuits, popeyes biscuits are way better. I enjoy both kfc and popeyes, but popeyes is objectively much better. Actually you know what, I'm gonna just rank this shit.

Chicken

1. Canes
Chicken, fries, toast and sauce are all superb. In n out of     chicken spots, simple menu executed to perfection

2. Popeyes
The best "fast food" option, quick and easy but still high quality

3. KFC
Passable food, good in a pinch. Some stand out items like chicken littles

Burgers

1. In N Out
Best out there. Simple, classic menu, terrific fries, consistent results with food. The GOAT

2. Freddy's
More of a 1b for me personally. Unique texture for the meat, great sauce, pickle spears instead of regular pickles, excellent shoe string fries, and delicious custard

3. Wendys
I usually go for the chicken options here, but their seasonal signature menu items are fantastic. High quality ingredients, fries are a little lacking but still passable

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2021, 11:25:21 AM »
Raising Canes is fire

Arby's hits right if you know how to order

BK is garbage to the highest degree

McD's is great if its a good store and you're in the mood for that nostalgic taste

Wendy's is underrated and 90% of the stuff there is pretty good and cost-efficient.

I fuck with some Panera Bread

Jack in the Box is trash.  end of story

Taco Bell is great.  again depends on what you order. there's some shitty ass items on the menu

Chik fil A can suck a dick

Hardees is low key underrated.  they have these deep fried apple pies that are next level.

i love fast food.  don't eat it a lot anymore tho.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2021, 11:29:20 AM »
Also, i don't know if anyone else here is a Mexican food connoisseur, but any restaurant that gives you fresh, hot, salted tortilla chips with salsa at your table is a huge deal in whether or not i think that place is good, also well seasoned carne asada. Lots of grey, mediocre carne asada at your "-bertos"/"-bertinos" chains. Also del taco is way better than taco bell.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2021, 02:08:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Hard disagree on the biscuits, popeyes biscuits are way better.
Oh, I wasn't making a concrete statement. I actually haven't been to KFC in years, which is why I put the maybe in there.

Any time I'm in Portland I have to hit up Burgerville.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2021, 02:15:38 PM »
Canes is my pick (whataburger a close second). There’s a 24 hour canes near the city... 2-3 in the morning still fresh...
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1062
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2021, 03:20:54 PM »
^^^whataburger is great. It’s TX In and Out.

Zaxby’s in GA is the best. Their wings are too good for fast food. Better than Buffalo Wild Wing and ready in 5 minutes.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2021, 10:08:08 PM »
Raising Canes is fire

McD's is great if its a good store and you're in the mood for that nostalgic taste

Wendy's is underrated and 90% of the stuff there is pretty good and cost-efficient.

Taco Bell is great.  again depends on what you order. there's some shitty ass items on the menu

Hardees is low key underrated.  they have these deep fried apple pies that are next level.

i fuck with chick fil a because i think its hilarious that they use blasphemy to advertise to christians.  and the sandwiches are pretty good.

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2021, 08:15:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Raising Canes is fire

[close]

i fuck with chick fil a because i think its hilarious that they use blasphemy to advertise to christians.  and the sandwiches are pretty good.

the food is only ok.  i know every corporation does horrific shit but being gay I just cant bring myself to eat there.  even the Christian bullshit at In n Out turns me off. 

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2021, 10:15:05 AM »
top 5 are
Canes
Zaxbys
Bojangles
Waffle House
Whataburger

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2021, 10:17:26 AM »

Any time I'm in Portland I have to hit up Burgerville.

Oh man...You got me craving that now. So good.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1392
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2021, 12:00:54 PM »
McDicks, BurgerThing, TacoHell, PizzaGut, DomsNHoes, Lil Greezers...

I haven't eaten any of that stuff in probably 10 years but I'm partial to taco/burrito wagons in the area. There's also this local chain called Aztec Grill, idk maybe it's a whole of California thing, that slings halfway decent, made daily, sometimes to order, burritos in gas stations that's alright in a pinch. Some kids opened up a fried chicken truck recently, with expensive but rather good boutique chicken sandwiches.

I used to fuck with this place called TakeOut when I lived in North Carolina. they had good enough chicken strip plates that could last a couple meals. Had some bible verses on their cups if I remember correctly. It's actually probably pretty gross lol.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2021, 01:35:43 PM »
In CA, I think In-N-Out and El Pollo Loco are objectively the best fast food restaurants.

You’re tripping for not including fatburger
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2021, 02:03:18 PM »
I used to fuck with this place called TakeOut when I lived in North Carolina. they had good enough chicken strip plates that could last a couple meals. Had some bible verses on their cups if I remember correctly. It's actually probably pretty gross lol.

CookOut? That place is definitely grease heaven so the verses make sense.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1062
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2021, 02:28:28 PM »
Expand Quote
In CA, I think In-N-Out and El Pollo Loco are objectively the best fast food restaurants.
[close]

I would argue that’s next level up like Fuddruckers type shit. Fatburger is more of an event. Been to the one in Torrance near the airport. Always good to load up before entering the airport. I believe it’s a black owned business too so it’s cool to support.

Anybody from WA eat at Dick’s? If I ever go to WA I’m going there. Roadside food is my favorite. Full on Americana...

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1392
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2021, 03:46:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

CookOut? That place is definitely grease heaven so the verses make sense.

yaaaa, cookout. I don't know why I thought takeout.  :o I was kinda living in my car/couch surfing and seeing these 2 sisters at the time (it very quickly became one when the other found out) and the one I kept kicking it with would buy me Budweiser, Cisco wine, tobacco, cookout trays, and gas money. what a fun/gross period of time to be a 21yr old bum ha ha ha
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2021, 04:33:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Hard disagree on the biscuits, popeyes biscuits are way better. I enjoy both kfc and popeyes, but popeyes is objectively much better. Actually you know what, I'm gonna just rank this shit.

Chicken

1. Canes
Chicken, fries, toast and sauce are all superb. In n out of     chicken spots, simple menu executed to perfection

2. Popeyes
The best "fast food" option, quick and easy but still high quality

3. KFC
Passable food, good in a pinch. Some stand out items like chicken littles

Burgers

1. In N Out
Best out there. Simple, classic menu, terrific fries, consistent results with food. The GOAT

2. Freddy's
More of a 1b for me personally. Unique texture for the meat, great sauce, pickle spears instead of regular pickles, excellent shoe string fries, and delicious custard

3. Wendys
I usually go for the chicken options here, but their seasonal signature menu items are fantastic. High quality ingredients, fries are a little lacking but still passable

In n out is the best fast food but their fries are trash. They’re ok if you get them well done but still not great. Neat that they’re fresh tho.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2021, 04:51:51 PM »
Don’t eat a whole lot of fast food, but KFCs chicken pot pies were always descent.

Arby’s I just keep it simple and get beef and cheddars with about 5 cups of that 3 pepper sauce and dunk the fuck out of it.

Not sure if they count as they’re more of a drive-in but I love coney dog/root beer stands. There’s a chain in my area called B&K I’ll eat 5 coneys with onion by myself and regret it the rest of the day.

Get hungry on it!

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2021, 05:22:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I would argue that’s next level up like Fuddruckers type shit. Fatburger is more of an event. Been to the one in Torrance near the airport. Always good to load up before entering the airport. I believe it’s a black owned business too so it’s cool to support.

Anybody from WA eat at Dick’s? If I ever go to WA I’m going there. Roadside food is my favorite. Full on Americana...

I googled fatburger, we got loads of places like that here they’re real popular. Yeah event for sure, the photos are always amazing but it’s so hard to eat such a large burger
This is not really fast food chain but it’s my favourite burger joint for sure. I like it cause it’s simple, everything you need nothing you don’t sort of thing

I’m mad curious to have a go of Kane’s and Popeyes
We used to get those kfc pies you could buy a bunch and just freeze them
I remember Popeyes from little Nicky hahaha
I watched a bunch of YouTube videos of USA fast food last night haha
So many options
listen to cosmic psychos

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2021, 07:29:33 PM »

So many options

Hope you get to come out here to our wretched continent to sample some of our wares.
Also chik fil A is good but i obviously don't like their homophobia

nevrwasben

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2021, 08:04:58 PM »
Expand Quote

So many options
[close]

Hope you get to come out here to our wretched continent to sample some of our wares.
Also chik fil A is good but i obviously don't like their homophobia
Popeye’s = fuck yes
Chick fil a = fuck no

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1098
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2021, 08:08:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I guess when I think of fast food, I think of chain restaurants where most of their locations feature a drive-thru. Also, Fatburger is a tad on the expensive side, and I was kind of balancing affordability with taste/quality in my evaluation. But I stand by my assessment that In-N-Out and EPL are the best CA fast food restaurants in the areas of burgers and mexican food, respectively.

Edit: Like Chick-Fil-A, I believe there is a religious-right-leaning to In-N-Out as a corporation as well (at least they print bible verses on their drinks, not sure if they donate to hateful groups too [pretty sure they do]), which is unfortunate. EPL, however, seems to be quite secular/apolitical and donates to some pretty good causes.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 08:24:36 PM by EdLawndale »
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

KBizzle

• Rep: -18
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2021, 09:52:52 PM »
The French Fries from Rally's are ELITE.

nevrwasben

« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2021, 06:24:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I guess when I think of fast food, I think of chain restaurants where most of their locations feature a drive-thru. Also, Fatburger is a tad on the expensive side, and I was kind of balancing affordability with taste/quality in my evaluation. But I stand by my assessment that In-N-Out and EPL are the best CA fast food restaurants in the areas of burgers and mexican food, respectively.

Edit: Like Chick-Fil-A, I believe there is a religious-right-leaning to In-N-Out as a corporation as well (at least they print bible verses on their drinks, not sure if they donate to hateful groups too [pretty sure they do]), which is unfortunate. EPL, however, seems to be quite secular/apolitical and donates to some pretty good causes.
I was told that In n Out was donating to Trump’s re-election campaign, didn’t eat there again until after Biden got in

Chickenbonenowitsgone

• Rep: 2
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2021, 07:21:04 AM »
Chick-fil-A is the best fast food chicken sandwich easily, they pay more (probably less overall just because of volume) for better quality chicken than other brands because chicken is their whole menu basically. Popeyes breading works better for tenders. The people who love the Popeyes sandwich just love the Mayo I guess? Cookout in the south is probably the best deal for the food quality/ price/ selection. Plus being open all night. Bojangles takes the crown for best fast food biscuits, but the quality varies a lot depending on the location. Tudors is probably second best biscuits, kinda a different style though. Burgerville in the NW will cost you about the same as sitting down at a pub and getting a burger but it is decent quality. They have a small value menu that is pretty disappointing. Pretty good milkshakes though. Dicks in Seattle is good drunk food, kind of the older style fast food burgers that are getting harder to find.
"I could get Steven Greer to show me his asshole for 75$" - Henry Zebrowski

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2021, 07:37:21 AM »
What a fun thread to read during the COVID Weight Loss Challenge, hahahah.  Also, I haven't eaten meat in 8 years, but I still fuck with some heavily modified Taco Bell and some other fast casual stuff.

I haven't had it in years, but have any of you pals had Five Guys (Burger and Fries) before?  Pretty satisfying, old school inspired fast food with some elevated ingredients?

Chik Fil A will never get another cent from me, but HOLY SHIT was that good the first time.  Especially not knowing they were homophobic zealots...

Also, call me basic, but I love some Panera, or as I call it, Pantera.  "Do you want to get a couple salads from Pantera?"

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2021, 10:45:41 AM »
I am waiting for English and Scottish pals to weigh in with fish suppers, deep fried Mars bars, deep fried pizza slices, chip butties, crisp butties, scooby snacks and other delicacies. But perhaps they don't consider this fast food but rather haute cuisine  ;D

As a reference, I have travelled as far as Brae, Shetland, to taste Frankie's fish supper (no. 1 in 2015).

https://www.frankiesfishandchips.com/

Not sure it is the best though, the fish supper served at the AM Politician on the Isle of Eriskay was at least as good.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2021, 11:06:55 AM »
I fuck with 5guys here in montreal
Uber eats ruined the fastfood experience to me tho, always waiting 30mn next to 5 delivery guys