Author Topic: Fast Food  (Read 7229 times)

artskool

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 31
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Fast Food
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2021, 11:20:16 AM »
5 Guys cajun fries, yes. Made with actual potatoes and fried in peanut oil.

Shake shack, yes. Like In n out, but everything is way better. In n out has got to be the most overrated place to eat in the world.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 716
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2021, 11:27:35 AM »
5 Guys is way overpriced.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2021, 12:01:44 PM »
5 Guys cajun fries, yes. Made with actual potatoes and fried in peanut oil.

Shake shack, yes. Like In n out, but everything is way better. In n out has got to be the most overrated place to eat in the world.

A shake shack just got built within walking distance to my house.  I'm pretty excited to try it out.

Get hungry on it!

KBizzle

• Rep: -17
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2021, 01:12:53 PM »

NorthShore

• Rep: 5
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2021, 01:24:38 PM »
Shake Shack and Chick Fil A are the best choices IMO. In n Out is overrated and their fries are horrible. Popeye's went downhill since they were purchased by Burger King but the new sandwiches are good.

What else?

Bojangles every time I hit the South!

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2021, 02:06:18 PM »

5 Guys is actually great for vegatarians.  They have so many toppings, you can just order a burger with no burger and it's really cheap and they usually hook it up.

Mayo
 Lettuce
 Pickles
 Tomatoes
 Grilled Onions
Grilled Mushrooms
 Ketchup
 Mustard
 Relish
 Onions
Jalape񯠐eppers
 Green Peppers
 Bar-B-Que Sauce
 Hot Sauce
 A1 Sauce 

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 667
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2021, 02:40:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

5guys is great when you're downtown montreal and want a burger that is not mcdonalds or BK

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2021, 06:18:29 PM »
I am waiting for English and Scottish pals to weigh in with fish suppers, deep fried Mars bars, deep fried pizza slices, chip butties, crisp butties, scooby snacks and other delicacies. But perhaps they don't consider this fast food but rather haute cuisine  ;D

As a reference, I have travelled as far as Brae, Shetland, to taste Frankie's fish supper (no. 1 in 2015).

https://www.frankiesfishandchips.com/

Not sure it is the best though, the fish supper served at the AM Politician on the Isle of Eriskay was at least as good.

Fuck yeah can we talk about fishos here?

I love seafood basket, love me the calamari, the prawn cutlets and the little garlic prawns
Deep fried Mars bars are dope but I haven’t had one in a couple years. I go the fritters too like banana fritter and pineapple fritter. Usually I just ask for cod sometimes crumbed sometimes battered
Those fried whiting fingers are outrageously good
Gotta have a bit of lemon on everything
I have never had a deep fried pizza faaar out I hadn’t even considered something like that
I’d try it

I just googled frankies yeah looks proper, that batter looks really good
listen to cosmic psychos

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 24
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2021, 07:34:48 AM »
Quesalupa is back at Taco Bell and it is god level.

I used to prefer BK to McD's but BK has kinda gone to trash. There's a Mackers close enough to my house for a late night Big Mac when the mood strikes, and I love the breakfast sausage burritos.

Anybody out there ever eat at a Sheetz gas station? They make ridiculous shit like this sandwich called "The Big Mozz" and its a Chicken Parm sandwich with three Mozzarella Sticks on it. So fucking good.

Unpopular opinion probably here, but I prefer Church's Chicken in the fried chicken realm.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2021, 06:01:13 AM »
Unpopular opinion probably here, but I prefer Church's Chicken in the fried chicken realm.

Church’s is way better than KFC but doesn’t touch Popeyes. But I know other people, even a few real southerners, who think Church’s is top.

I’m talking strictly on-the-bone chicken here… no sandwiches or fingers or whatever shape fried chicken takes these days.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2021, 07:40:50 AM »
I work in a town that only has fast food options for lunch. Most days I just don't eat lunch. Days I do need something it's Taco Bell or ChickFilA. I hate the CFA politics but fuck is their spicy chicken sandwich good. I guess I'd rather put money in their pocket than Burger King or McDonalds in my body.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Frank and Fred

« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2021, 07:51:35 AM »
Portland, of course, has some pretty upscale and decent fast food joints... Super Deluxe and Little Big Burger.

But I'll hit a Taqueria first.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2021, 08:12:20 AM »
Can you get halal snack pack in USA?

It’s a styrofoam container full of gyros meat, chips, cheese, and sauce

Delicious
listen to cosmic psychos

sketchyrider

« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2021, 08:19:53 AM »

i feel like its priced accordingly for some shit you probs shouldn't be eating on the reg lol. i also wouldnt consider 5 guys "fast" at all.

mcdonalds breakfast seems to be the only fast food i mess with anymore, those greasy hash browns really hit the spot.

biggest thing that keeps me away from fast food is the disappointment. if its tossed together sloppy or served up cold its just so awful, it burns my ass paying money for garbage. otherwise id be buying chicken fries and chalupas left and right.

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2021, 07:36:29 PM »
wheres the love for Taco Johns!?

its god-tier tex mex fast food

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2021, 07:51:02 PM »
anyone else dip ketchup in their frosty

nevrwasben

« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2021, 08:59:15 PM »
Just got down on this tonight
If you know, you know

tacotime

« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2021, 05:49:02 AM »
wheres the love for Taco Johns!?

its god-tier tex mex fast food

I LOVE TACO JOHNS. Also TacoTime (hence my name ... haha). Don’t live anywhere near either one but am all over them when I’m traveling out west.

Locally for me: Spicy potato soft taco +tomatoes at Taco Bell. Someone in their corporate office had the ridiculous idea they should stop offering items with potatoes, but thankfully that’s over.

In the meantime I started trying to recreate their chipotle sauce to make my own potato tacos at home, I’m close but not quite. If I get it, I will post the recipe, the original is insanely good. Hopefully someday ...

Also their rolled chicken tacos, they’re not around all the time but when they are ...

Everyone seems to assume I’m going to be like the chick in the flowered shirt when it comes to babies, but I am totally the guy with the tacos.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2021, 07:37:32 PM »
I forgot about Taco Time. There was one when I lived in Santa Rosa, but I left there in 91.

I’m a big Del Taco fan. Their chicken soft tacos are so, so good.

sultsult

• Rep: -12
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2021, 09:02:55 AM »
I'm from WA so when I travel I like to try the regional fast food spots.. Zaxby's was my favorite in the SE, also Captain D's and Bojangles..

Up here, Dick's is the best shit going.

FUBAR

• Rep: 236
« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2021, 02:23:33 PM »
In CA, I think In-N-Out and El Pollo Loco are objectively the best fast food restaurants.

This, and add Del Taco.
In AZ, its gotta be Filiberto’s.

DiscountCanofTuna

• Rep: 7
« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2021, 08:03:45 PM »
It might only be an Austin TX thing - but P.Terry's rules and as a tourist going around the states i thought it was as good, if not better than In N Out, Shake Shack etc. Great burgers, solid french fries - they also seem chill on the politics/community support front too which is a pleasant surprise given their competition.
2023 Slap Pals Fantasy Football Champion

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2021, 08:10:09 PM »
Noticed many fast food places offering a chicken sandwich that looks exactly like the Popeyes one. Never forget the Popeyes chicken sandwich craze. Fights & stabbings. Sold out for the longest time, not sure if true. Probably some genius marketing scheme, it worked.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2021, 05:03:14 AM »
Burger King's new chicken sandwich is great. Might be my favorite.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2021, 06:09:08 AM »
(Slides The Bunk a 5th of jaymo wrapped in a paper bag)

What's so fire about it? How does it stack up to Popeyes one that they couldn't keep in stores? Telling you how many of those I had would be embarrassing info...The commercial makes it look great, I cant find a BK that can make suitable food. Its all fiends zoning out like they were on Kensington Ave

All I know is: spicy chicken sandwiches that also have not sweet pickles are the key to life (ending sooner than later)

I really like how the brioche mixes with the pickle and then the fried chicken, lubricated by that nasty ass good ass mayonayonaise...that shit is explicit

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2021, 05:52:20 PM »
I try to go to Hawaii as much as I can every year and, I hate to admit this, it's mostly for the McDonald's. Crazy, right? (Mickey D's and the musubi.) They do the pies the old way, where it's fried like an egg roll, and they usually have taro and haupia (coconut) flavors. And spam brekky all day. I just can't get enough of it and it makes me so hangry to think that the other 49 states are blowing it. (Yummy!)

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2021, 10:42:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
(Slides The Bunk a 5th of jaymo wrapped in a paper bag)

What's so fire about it? How does it stack up to Popeyes one that they couldn't keep in stores? Telling you how many of those I had would be embarrassing info...The commercial makes it look great, I cant find a BK that can make suitable food. Its all fiends zoning out like they were on Kensington Ave

All I know is: spicy chicken sandwiches that also have not sweet pickles are the key to life (ending sooner than later)

I really like how the brioche mixes with the pickle and then the fried chicken, lubricated by that nasty ass good ass mayonayonaise...that shit is explicit
I went to a hood BK at 11pm and it was still fire. Big, juicy chicken. Did not get the spicy, but the sauce is good. It’s kind of a thousand island thing. Pickles I could take or leave. I’ve only had the Popeyes one once. It was very good. BK reminded me of it. The kfc one a few times because there’s one near the house, not great. The McDonald’s ones are trash.

Jollibee has a really good one too. They use a garlic aioli that had a ton of flavor.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 509
« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2022, 12:51:39 PM »
Just tried the new McCrispy chicken sandwich because I am weak and have no self control.

The potato bun was very dry and tasted kind of burnt even though it wasn’t.  The chicken patty wasn’t that big, wasn’t that juicy, and definitely wasn’t that crispy.  This sandwich is what the “McChicken” should be.. and the “McCrispy” should be a different sandwich entirely, one that at least almost holds up to other crispy chicken sandwiches.

Air-Bear

• Rep: 2
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2022, 01:06:33 PM »
This thread probably contains some of the most crucial info i have found in regards to my upcoming U.S- trip, gonna have to check out the vegi stuff. 

Over here (Germany/Switzerland) I mostly go for the falafel places. Although the can really be hit or miss, when you check out a new one. Cold food and soggy bread being the main culprits.
McD, BK, Subway etc. are all just way too overpriced imo.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2022, 01:11:30 PM »
The Bacon King from BK is top notch fast food.

Thing is delicious and massive.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick