Author Topic: Globe "Re Est" Skate Video (Austyn, Sammy Montano, Mark Appleyard, Aaron Kim)  (Read 5436 times)

Return2monke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -20
Everyone hating on Austyn for trying too hard to be "cool" lol. If he was part of your social circle he would 100% be the coolest person you fucking know. Shut the fuck up hahah.

Lol wtf, you know this dude personally? Trust me, he ain’t that dude, bro

jimmy

• Rep: 1
Boggles my mind people can call him "corny/forced". 9 times out of 10 whatever trick he does is gonna look better than your favorite skater doing it. Even a dude's first post is in this thread talking shit. weirdos lol

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Austyn's style really shines on those seemingly simple but really awkward tricks. For example, I've never seen anyone do fakie back 50 fs half cab out but he made it look beautiful.
[close]

You must not watch allot of skating. Tricks been done a ton of times in video parts. Daewon was kick flipping into them in the early 2000s

2:07

[close]
To be fair, I haven't seen that Daewon part yet. But also to be fair, that was not the same trick at all.

it's the exact same trick with a flip in? how do you have over 2000 posts on this forum?
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
Austyn's style, trick selection, and execution are almost too perfect of a match. The element of surprise is missing. That being said, always a good watch.

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
Daewon really is one of the greatest to ever do it. Every time I watch one of his old parts I find something new that blows my mind.

Dude was playing chess on those plastic benches while the rest of the skate industry was freaking out over checkers.

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
think globe has to be one of the few shoe company that I never skated shoes of... maybe I'll change it if I see shoes that I like. kinda feel that it is wholesome that he's on globe instead of cons or adidas

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 988
daewon is so unbelievably fucked, that fakie flip fakie bs five-o across the shitty fiberglass bench over a roof gap the highest level of tech gnar of all time?

fredgallSOTY

Everyone hating on Austyn for trying too hard to be "cool" lol. If he was part of your social circle he would 100% be the coolest person you fucking know. Shut the fuck up hahah.
no he would not be

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
Austyn really has the market cornered on the Alcholic Stepdad/novel writer look.

OwlGreen

• Rep: -126
daewon is so unbelievably fucked, that fakie flip fakie bs five-o across the shitty fiberglass bench over a roof gap the highest level of tech gnar of all time?

It's right up there with Bob doing the switch gap loop. But Bob wore pads.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
Also who the fucc is buying those big fat puffy shoes? And I didn't know osiris, circa, and dvs were still sellin some of that bullshit. wow.

They are big in the rave scene at least in southern-ish Europe.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
How come there is no Vincent Milou? Will he be axed under the new Globe direction?

frontfootimpossible

• Rep: -25
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
https://us.globebrand.com/collections/low/products/sabre-blackupcycle?variant=39307739496483

I for one would love to see austyn ironically skate these with the wife beater and high water trousers. 
Quote from: Slap MessageBoards
frontfootimpossible,

You have received a warning for posting offensive material. Please cease these activities and abide by the forum rules otherwise we will take further action.

Regards,
The Slap MessageBoards Team.

pro club blanks

It was aight

Austins shit was dope

I dont really care for the vibe tho

Its on some "globe shoes asks, what if skateboarding were more than skateboarding" shit

Luddite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
How come there is no Vincent Milou? Will he be axed under the new Globe direction?
Looks like he's of. On his nine club recently he mentioned he had upcoming contract renegotiations coming up but I guess it didnt go so well...

Gino's Back 180 Nosegrind

• Rep: 34
I think it's hilarious you kids are talking shit about Austyn. You wouldn't say shit to him at a spot in Portugal. He's jacked. Not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes. Y'all are pathetic lol

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
I think it's hilarious you kids are talking shit about Austyn. You wouldn't say shit to him at a spot in Portugal. He's jacked. Not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes. Y'all are pathetic lol

So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

somefucker

so did he give you his number?

GlenSuggittsflexfit

I thought he noseslid up the rail.

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426

What does he put in his hair?
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
think globe has to be one of the few shoe company that I never skated shoes of... maybe I'll change it if I see shoes that I like. kinda feel that it is wholesome that he's on globe instead of cons or adidas

Last few years they've made some nice looking models, but they lack in sole cushioning.
I've always liked the Mahalo but I don't even want to try them cause I know my feet will suffer for sure. This new Austyn's seem to have the same problem, considering its the same vulc sole they've used this last years.

Only had two models, a space boot around 2002 and an Appleyard vagrant model from around 07-08 that skated good but also had a thin sole and hurt my princess feet

newspaperparty

• Rep: 25
Austyn is an incredible skateboarder and i like watching him skate

BUT are we really counting that back tail kickflip out over the bottom block? He reverted  the second he landed…not a true rollaway for that trick imo

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
Well I've talked to him twice at CPH Open, and everytime he has been super down to earth, funny, and non-dickish... so in my experience he's super cool!

On top of that he just looks fucking awesome on a board! He's one of those guys, where you could recognize him, if you only saw his silhouette. I loved seeing this - including that looooong bs flip out of the tailslide (that's for you 👆🏻). It looked amazing.

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -298
Austyn is an incredible skateboarder and i like watching him skate

BUT are we really counting that back tail kickflip out over the bottom block? He reverted  the second he landed…not a true rollaway for that trick imo

Definitely questionable choice to leave that in and not get a cleaner one. Worst trick in the part by far

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
Well I've talked to him twice at CPH Open, and everytime he has been super down to earth, funny, and non-dickish... so in my experience he's super cool!

On top of that he just looks fucking awesome on a board! He's one of those guys, where you could recognize him, if you only saw his silhouette. I loved seeing this - including that looooong bs flip out of the tailslide (that's for you 👆🏻). It looked amazing.

One time a Chevy chase he pointed at my then cars busted ass mirror. And I just looked at him like I know dude . 7/10 dude.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.