Author Topic: Polar Skate Co Jeans/Pants Fit  (Read 9783 times)

socksthewizard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 13
Polar Skate Co Jeans/Pants Fit
« on: April 20, 2021, 05:35:58 PM »
With the polar drop arriving at shops and at their website on friday, I've been looking to possibly buy a pair of polar 93s, polar cords, and/or polar surf pants. I'm pretty unfamiliar with their fit so I'm looking for help(hopefully this helps others too) Regardless of whether you share my sizes, I'd love to know them and what works for you. Typically, I get 36x32 in pants for reference, wear a Large in the Big Boys/Televisistars

CaptainCheeks

• Rep: 5
Re: Polar Skate Co Jeans/Pants Fit
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 08:31:53 PM »
I am a 34 in most pants like levis and my 93s in 34 fit very well. Just get true size and you will be comfy but if you want a crazy baggy fit go up a size.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 09:57:16 PM »
Just google the model you want plus "size chart" there's plenty of size charts online for them

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2021, 01:00:51 AM »
With the polar drop arriving at shops and at their website on friday, I've been looking to possibly buy a pair of polar 93s, polar cords, and/or polar surf pants. I'm pretty unfamiliar with their fit so I'm looking for help(hopefully this helps others too) Regardless of whether you share my sizes, I'd love to know them and what works for you. Typically, I get 36x32 in pants for reference, wear a Large in the Big Boys/Televisistars

36x32 is a weird size you must be big. Polar fits a bit large and I believe their sizing goes up to crazy numbers you shouldn’t have any problems. For the fit it really depends on what you’re looking for. Polar 93=baggy but not overdoing it, slimmer than big boys. Polar cords are 93 but corduroy and surf pants taper at the ankle and are free flowing so they allow a lot of movement, I recommend sizing up if you want a pair, they tend to fit a bit tighter than the 93.

Roald Dahnkle

• Rep: 28
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2021, 02:03:57 AM »

Sizing is a bit odd on 93s, I'ver got a pair of 32" waist (usual size) and it measures closer to a 36" on my pair. I sized down to the 30"s on another pair and they fit spot on for me. 

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2021, 05:08:34 AM »
Good timing on the thread.

Found some Polar 90’s on droop for cheap. How do they fit? Will probably grab them regardless due to the low price.

socksthewizard

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2021, 08:06:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

36x32 is a weird size you must be big. Polar fits a bit large and I believe their sizing goes up to crazy numbers you shouldn’t have any problems. For the fit it really depends on what you’re looking for. Polar 93=baggy but not overdoing it, slimmer than big boys. Polar cords are 93 but corduroy and surf pants taper at the ankle and are free flowing so they allow a lot of movement, I recommend sizing up if you want a pair, they tend to fit a bit tighter than the 93.

I'm 5'11'' 215, big thighs,husky build because of years of lifting for track&field/rugby. I found that 36/32 works the best for me as of now. thanks for the advice! I might try and go after some olive surf pants or some light wash 93's

socksthewizard

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2021, 08:07:42 AM »
also just to bless y'all for your help, here is somewhere that already has some pants in stock and will be shipping within us(10 bucks)

www.endclothing.com

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2021, 09:11:46 AM »
i second any notion that you should size up in surf pants if you want them to be baggy. they used to make them in different lengths, too, or still do. so if you want to keep it short don't get tall sizes. i am 5'6 wearing a small standard in surf pants. they are reasonably baggy/loose, but could be a tad longer, but then again, maybe them being longer means they taper even more and i wouldn't want that.

i was looking at televisistar pants a bunch since me and a friend are thinking of ordering some and i actually measured my surf pant against them and i'd say televisis are a tad baggier and less tapered than surf pants, but about same length per size it seems(standard/short surf pant) from the measurements.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 129
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2021, 03:32:58 PM »
Anyone else think the drop was kinda weak this morning? Only 2 93 denim colors and no 93 cords :( I don’t fuck with big boys cause I look stupid in them.

I fuck with the grund chinos but not at $140

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2021, 03:48:45 PM »
Anyone else think the drop was kinda weak this morning? Only 2 93 denim colors and no 93 cords :( I don’t fuck with big boys cause I look stupid in them.

That was my thought. Then I went to Cookman and dropped my $200 on 5 pairs of chef pants
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2021, 08:05:31 PM »
I didn’t get snything from the drop, I would have gotten the black 93 cords if they had them. Might still grab a hat and jacket tho. I like that certain green they are using

socksthewizard

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2021, 05:25:11 AM »

93 cords are up bruv, cheers.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 497
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2022, 05:42:47 PM »
Whats the diff between Polar 92s & 93s?

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2022, 03:11:16 AM »
Same fit (they call it Semi Baggy Fit)
but 92 has tapered legs
and 93 has straight legs

they don't give the details on the website anymore but this picture is from when they gave all measurements.
Made a quick search and found the 93s size chart but i can't find 92s
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 09:45:43 AM by BALARGUE »

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2022, 07:57:12 AM »
Are those measurements still accurate? I remember someone saying on here a while ago that they had changed the fit of the '93s slightly. They refuse to provide a useful size chart anymore, so no real way of knowing.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2022, 08:00:15 AM »
Same fit (they call it Semi Baggy Fit)
but 92 has tapered legs
and 93 has staight legs

they don't give the details on the website anymore but this picture is from when they gave all measurements.
Made a quick search and found the 93s size chart but i can't find 92s

Yr a champ. Thanks!

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2022, 12:39:59 PM »
I tried the 92s on at the local when they first came available and I don’t think they’re the same as 93s but just tapered. They felt way too short and way too tight for me at the same size as my 93s which are very comfortable and good length also.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2022, 08:38:03 AM »
Are those measurements still accurate? I remember someone saying on here a while ago that they had changed the fit of the '93s slightly. They refuse to provide a useful size chart anymore, so no real way of knowing.

They definetly changed the fit- i had a 95 jean in the light blue wash in 34 that was huge, ended up selling. That was like a year ago.
Now i wanted those again since i got a good deal on em but had to size up to 36 for the same fit. Might have just been one season where the fits were different or a mislabeled pair but also heard from some pals that they needed to size up

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2022, 07:39:18 AM »
We’ll I’ve ordered some 92s in my regular size so we’ll see how they go. Just want a tapered, loose Jean. And they were 30% off so not too exxy

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
  • sweet, man.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2022, 08:27:27 AM »
I get 93's in my typical size , 32x30. they are in my opinion very dope pants, not too slim, not too baggy.

as far as the surf pants go, I get medium with the shorter length. alternatively though, huf just released something really similar to the surf pant called the leisure pant.

huf's version in my opinion are pretty superior and retail for $80 usd rather than $120.

https://hufworldwide.com/collections/mens-bottoms/products/huf-leisure-skate-pant-pt00200?variant=42016458211497

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2022, 03:20:18 PM »
Are the surf pants basically 90s stuasy pants? Man those things took over in thr 90s

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2022, 06:13:33 AM »
^^ I will now second the 'they changed the fit of 93's' theory after I asked about it previously. I have a pair of 36/32's that I got a couple years ago, which fit me pretty much perfectly. I got a chance to try on another pair in a shop recently (shops around me never seem to carry the bigger sizes in Polar pants for some reason, so I haven't tried any on in a while), and it was a noticeably different fit from the ones I have. They still fit me in the waist, but the crotch/butt was noticeably tighter, and the length actually seems to be 32" now (as opposed to the 29" inseam that the old size chart says).

They probably haven't made huge changes, but they felt huge because I have a large ass and short legs for my height, so the fit is kind of messed up for me now. If you're skinny and long legged, they'll probably fit you fine (because all clothes fit you fine).

stupidfuckface

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2022, 06:45:06 AM »
I’ve got 93s in a few colors, all the same size..
After washing the brown and black have slightly shrunk and fit amazing....
The light blue, and dark blue denim ones seem to have not shrank and are slightly big..
I had always assumed it was dyed denim vs undyed, but now you guys have me thinking they maybe changed the fit...

logjammin

• Rep: 333
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2022, 08:02:00 AM »
Anyone know the equivalent of the 92's or 93's in another denim company since Polar doesn't make a 38" waist?

LebowskisRug

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2022, 08:36:34 AM »
I've had huge variation across drops so I'd definitely try them on or err on the side of big and get them altered. I got some Purple 93 in one drop and they're awesome fit- perfect. Next drop I got some brown 93 and they were short and the crotch rise was an inch taller so they restricted my knees a bit.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2022, 08:37:16 AM »
Anyone know the equivalent of the 92's or 93's in another denim company since Polar doesn't make a 38" waist?

Probably the Huf Cromer, Levi's 550/569. One pro tip is to get the Levi's big and tall version and get them hemmed.

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2022, 09:50:57 AM »
I recently got my first pair of polar jeans (92s).  Went with 34x32, but should have done 32x32 as the waist fits fairly large on me.  I don't generally do super baggy fits but more "relaxed".  I was able to shrink them a bit in the wash, but I've got to hike them up a bit to get the fit I like.

Get hungry on it!

zozu

• Rep: 122
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2022, 05:15:16 PM »
just get a D-ring fabric belt, run it slightly looser and the jeans boner goes away

Ive also added extra belt loops to pants in the past which seems to work as well

JumpManShorty

• Rep: -86
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2022, 04:40:47 PM »
i second any notion that you should size up in surf pants if you want them to be baggy. they used to make them in different lengths, too, or still do. so if you want to keep it short don't get tall sizes. i am 5'6 wearing a small standard in surf pants. they are reasonably baggy/loose, but could be a tad longer, but then again, maybe them being longer means they taper even more and i wouldn't want that.

i was looking at televisistar pants a bunch since me and a friend are thinking of ordering some and i actually measured my surf pant against them and i'd say televisis are a tad baggier and less tapered than surf pants, but about same length per size it seems(standard/short surf pant) from the measurements.

Seems like every season of surf pants fits different. But hey, this pair I got are still legit. Even if they fit a little different