Author Topic: Polar Skate Co Jeans/Pants Fit  (Read 9794 times)

nekro

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
Re: Polar Skate Co Jeans/Pants Fit
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2022, 02:48:11 AM »
I've got a pair of 92s and I love the fit.  The taper is ideal as it lets me see my feet when I'm skating. I don't like super baggy jeans rolled up round the ankles.  I went with my usual waist/leg size and they fit perfect.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -761
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2022, 03:58:41 AM »
I've got a pair of 92s and I love the fit.  The taper is ideal as it lets me see my feet when I'm skating. I don't like super baggy jeans rolled up round the ankles.  I went with my usual waist/leg size and they fit perfect.

92s are the least baggy right ?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2022, 07:11:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

92s are the least baggy right ?

yes...

SaySo

• Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2022, 06:26:18 AM »
Pondering pulling the trigger on a pair of '93 Cords, Rust colored. Either size 28x30 or 30x30. (Not sure if it's the most recent drop since they're on sale.). The sale ends in about an hour.

The shop staff I spoke with said the 28's measured 14.7 inches (29.52" total) laid flat, but the Polar sizing guide says they're 15.7" (31.5" total). They said the 30's measured 15.9 inches (31.8" total) laid flat, but the Polar sizing guide says they're 16.7" (33.4" total). The staff member said they actually remeasured the pants when I asked, but who knows, they might have been lazy and just quoted their website. In any case, I'm not really looking for the extra looseness.

I tried searching the loose-fit thread but couldn't come up with any relevant results - I suck at using the search function.

So, what's the consensus on sizing with the '93's? Are they still super vanity-sized or are they true to size? Do the cords have the same sizing as the denim or is that throwing in another variable?

Hoping someone can help out.

(Gonna cross-post this on the loose-fit pants thread as well.)

***edit: I can't do math.***
« Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 10:05:46 AM by SaySo »
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

sadnocomply

• Rep: 132
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2022, 09:36:24 AM »
Pondering pulling the trigger on a pair of '93 Cords, Rust colored. Either size 28x30 or 30x30. (Not sure if it's the most recent drop since they're on sale.). The sale ends in about an hour.

The shop staff I spoke with said the 28's measured 14.7 inches (29.52" total) laid flat, but the Polar sizing guide says they're 15.7" (31.5" total). They said the 30's measured 15.9 inches (31.8" total) laid flat, but the Polar sizing guide says they're 16.7" (31.9" total). The staff member said they actually remeasured the pants when I asked, but who knows, they might have been lazy and just quoted their website. In any case, I'm not really looking for the extra looseness.

I tried searching the loose-fit thread but couldn't come up with any relevant results - I suck at using the search function.

So, what's the consensus on sizing with the '93's? Are they still super vanity-sized or are they true to size? Do the cords have the same sizing as the denim or is that throwing in another variable?

it seems like they genuinely took the time to measure the waists for you, those measurements don’t look like they were lazy. You should grab them. The rust also came out winter 2021 so they are a year old. If anything has changed sizing wise it would probably reflect on the 2022 releases.

SaySo

« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2022, 09:57:55 AM »
Expand Quote

The shop staff I spoke with said the 28's measured 14.7 inches (29.52" total) laid flat, but the Polar sizing guide says they're 15.7" (31.5" total). They said the 30's measured 15.9 inches (31.8" total) laid flat, but the Polar sizing guide says they're 16.7" (31.9" total). The staff member said they actually remeasured the pants when I asked, but who knows, they might have been lazy and just quoted their website. In any case, I'm not really looking for the extra looseness.

[close]
it seems like they genuinely took the time to measure the waists for you, those measurements don’t look like they were lazy. You should grab them. The rust also came out winter 2021 so they are a year old. If anything has changed sizing wise it would probably reflect on the 2022 releases.

Hahaha.

The reason why the measurements are to the tenths place is that I converted them from centimeters to inches, not based on the staff person's measurements (which were in cm). In hindsight, perhaps I should have put both cm and inch dimensions but I wanted to keep the message cleaner/shorter.

Honestly, whether they actually took the time to re-measure is anyone's guess. Kinda hard to tell, however they are the owner of the shop.
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

SaySo

« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2022, 10:02:01 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
it seems like they genuinely took the time to measure the waists for you, those measurements don’t look like they were lazy. You should grab them. The rust also came out winter 2021 so they are a year old.If anything has changed sizing wise it would probably reflect on the 2022 releases.

By the way, thanks for the info! So according to the tables posted a few messages up, all the current sizes (at least for denim) are about 1-2" truer to size, and less Carly Simon'ed.

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
  • sweet, man.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2022, 11:29:22 AM »
I just recently got the 93 work pants in washed black, I love em.

they seem to fit just slightly slimmer than the 93's I got in like 2019, but I'm also kind of thinking that the extra denim on the knees is just fucking with my head.