Author Topic: Alley oop half cab ng  (Read 513 times)

camel filters

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Alley oop half cab ng
« on: April 20, 2021, 09:14:05 PM »
This one might be a pipe dream but anyone got tips for the half cab nosegrind where the ledge is behind you? See 0:54 and 0:57 below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnSAsmTjGQg

I can do them to 5050s on curbs but I'm specifically trying to find any tips on what my body should be leaning towards as I pop and how people transfer their weights. Where are you looking as you pop? I feel like I cant see the ledge to time a pop that doesnt smash into the ledge as soon as its around shin height. I know not many people have this one but it is a dream trick of mine. Thanks in advance for anything.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
Re: Alley oop half cab ng
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 12:09:09 AM »
Pipe dream for me 100% but yeah that would be a real good one

No answer but just go to front feebs? That one works for sure on curbs and small ledges
listen to cosmic psychos

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2021, 05:22:55 AM »
I unfortunately have nothing helpful to add. Just wanted to say I’d like to learn this one too.

I will say the people I’ve seen do them, they come at like a 45 degree angle, so maybe that and pop early?

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2021, 01:24:25 PM »
I figured this would be hard to get tips for. Good to see others are also wanting this one though. I tried one on a curb sized angled ironed manual pad and got smoked. Almost twisted ankle and slipped the fuck out on top of the pad. Got a few sympathy claps as it happened cause ppl know I'm chasing the unattainable glory of this trick.

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2021, 02:47:24 PM »
Also want this trick! To 50 and 5-0 is manageable but never understood how to get to nosegrind.

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2021, 02:55:53 PM »
I figured this would be hard to get tips for. Good to see others are also wanting this one though. I tried one on a curb sized angled ironed manual pad and got smoked. Almost twisted ankle and slipped the fuck out on top of the pad. Got a few sympathy claps as it happened cause ppl know I'm chasing the unattainable glory of this trick.

Yo the wildest thing is there was a post office question (idk what episode) in the bunt along the lines of, what objectionably difficult trick can you do, but don't feel good doing it. Dono this one. I was like wtf haha

Damn hope you're good. I can't skate atm but really wanna give this a try. I have done the 50-50 version, NG may just be a pipe dream for me, but at least I can dream.

Drucksache

• Rep: -6
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2021, 05:22:14 AM »
Want this one too. Will try it today and report on the results. Stay tuned folks.