Author Topic: Current Favorite Emerica's 2021  (Read 8821 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Current Favorite Emerica's 2021
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2021, 11:50:06 PM »
I know you guys are this close to bringing out a vegan cupsole (besides Leo’s shoe), when that drops it will be my favorite...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

SlapTM

• Rep: 242

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2021, 02:59:06 AM »
Love a white shoe and they seem to be getting harder to find, they're always some weird off-white. Glad to see a few different ones
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Not Fucking Awesome

• Rep: 0
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2021, 10:45:32 AM »
Will they have the doodle logo on them on will they be plain like the standard slips?

The black/white and all white will look great. Honestly all the new colorways look great. You guys are killing it.

Expand Quote
Im skating the g6 slip on cups and I'm really happy with them. It feels like a comfy slipper. It's not bulky at all. I do want more colorways(white with black sole or black and gum). I have some gammas I'm going to skate next.
[close]
There is Black/White and all white colorways dropping for SP22.

SlapTM

« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2021, 12:01:27 PM »
Will they have the doodle logo on them on will they be plain like the standard slips?

The black/white and all white will look great. Honestly all the new colorways look great. You guys are killing it.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Im skating the g6 slip on cups and I'm really happy with them. It feels like a comfy slipper. It's not bulky at all. I do want more colorways(white with black sole or black and gum). I have some gammas I'm going to skate next.
[close]
There is Black/White and all white colorways dropping for SP22.
[close]
The doodle logo stuff was only for the Doodle Pad pack by Spanky. The next colorways are just team models just like the current slips.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2021, 02:50:16 PM »
Really digging these new ones
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

quaintly

• Rep: 11
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2021, 07:28:10 PM »
spankys

lydius

• Rep: 43
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2021, 07:58:08 PM »
I'd take a sharpie to the b/w Temples and black/yellow Tilts.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1599
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2021, 09:29:44 PM »
@EmericaTM

This is a question that I have had for a long time, as many others have as well.  In 2008/2009,the MJ1 was re-released and not in a bastardized form. 

1) How was this possible?
2) Why can't it be re-released again? It would basically be printing money.

Thank you in advance for your response.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

SlapTM

« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2021, 09:46:55 PM »
@EmericaTM

This is a question that I have had for a long time, as many others have as well.  In 2008/2009,the MJ1 was re-released and not in a bastardized form. 

Pugmaster,

Yes the MJ was rereleased as "The OG". The reason it happened then and hasn't been produced since is because of that mold not existing anymore. With that said, we are rereleasing it again.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2021, 09:58:34 PM »
Expand Quote
@EmericaTM

[close]

Pugmaster,

Yes the MJ was rereleased as "The OG". The reason it happened then and hasn't been produced since is because of that mold not existing anymore. With that said, we are rereleasing it again.

That’s exciting and I’m hyped to see them. Just wanted to say though, I had a pair of the MJs way back in the early 00’s (amazing shoe), and also a pair of the OGs. And honestly, something was off about the OGs.

They didn’t feel the same as the first MJ shoe. They sucked to be frank. I don’t know what it was, and I was wondering if my shoe tastes had just changed or something. Maybe that’s all it is but I know I’m not the only one who thought the OG paled in comparison to the MJ.

If the OG was an exact replica of the MJ - it was so long since I had the MJ that I couldn’t really tell - then my tastes simply changed over time. But if not - please, don’t make the remake like the OG and stick to the real original MJ shoe.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1293
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2021, 06:19:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
@EmericaTM

[close]

Pugmaster,

[close]

That’s exciting and I’m hyped to see them. Just wanted to say though, I had a pair of the MJs way back in the early 00’s (amazing shoe), and also a pair of the OGs. And honestly, something was off about the OGs.

They didn’t feel the same as the first MJ shoe. They sucked to be frank. I don’t know what it was, and I was wondering if my shoe tastes had just changed or something. Maybe that’s all it is but I know I’m not the only one who thought the OG paled in comparison to the MJ.

If the OG was an exact replica of the MJ - it was so long since I had the MJ that I couldn’t really tell - then my tastes simply changed over time. But if not - please, don’t make the remake like the OG and stick to the real original MJ shoe.
http://skateparkoftampa.com/spot/p.aspx?ID=24003
SPOT's description of the OG claims there was no modifications or changes but I recognize that could be BS. I would get a pair of OG's just to wear. I'm sure I couldn't skate them nowadays.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2021, 08:03:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
@EmericaTM

[close]

Pugmaster,

[close]

[close]
http://skateparkoftampa.com/spot/p.aspx?ID=24003
SPOT's description of the OG claims there was no modifications or changes but I recognize that could be BS. I would get a pair of OG's just to wear. I'm sure I couldn't skate them nowadays.

Ahh thank you. I was thinking about it last night, trying to remember any changes between the two, but it's been so long. The OG actually seemed a little bulkier/puffier inside than the MJ from what I could recall.

It's definitely possible though that they are the exact same, and I lost my taste for those shoes awhile back.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2021, 08:50:26 AM »
Could be a situation similar to how the "OG" eS Accels changed over time.

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2021, 09:38:48 AM »
Distressed black/red romeros are the ones.
I missed out on the white/black distressed and i will not make that mistake again.

Ol Nick

• Rep: 101
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2021, 09:49:43 AM »
Distressed black/red romeros are the ones.
I missed out on the white/black distressed and i will not make that mistake again.
Agreed, that distressed leather on a cupsole caught my eye. The orange Spankys too. Gotta get my $ right.
I only skate prime numbers, so it's either 53s or 59s, feast or famine

Maccat

• Rep: 78
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2021, 09:54:43 AM »
The Gamma looks way too good. They release a veggie option and I’d be fully down.

Regardless, seeing old silhouettes done right is good to see. Classics for a reason.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2021, 01:19:11 PM »
The Gamma looks way too good. They release a veggie option and I’d be fully down.

Regardless, seeing old silhouettes done right is good to see. Classics for a reason.

yes plz.

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2021, 01:20:18 PM »
Expand Quote
@EmericaTM

[close]

Pugmaster,

8)
Nice!!!

Never forget:

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2021, 04:47:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

yes plz.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Roger__Kook

• Rep: 5
« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2021, 12:46:18 AM »
is the pillar anything like the hsu? i loved the hsu
I'm a bit late but the Pillars are pretty close to the the old Hsu G6. A little bit heavier (the Hsu was super light) but last way longer.
They feel a bit like a cross between a Half Cab and a Hsu, definitely my favourite Emerica right now.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2021, 12:06:55 PM »
Alcove CC is a pretty solid middle of the road cupsole. I have a slightly skated pair and I like em. They’re more comfy than figgy dose since there’s more tongue and collar padding. That Formula G sole ain’t bad! It takes a minute to break it in but it’s worth it once you do.
The toe box is long AF! Personally, it messes with my kick flips a bit since I’m used to Marana, Dunk, KWalks 1, Joslin 1 & 2, etc. toe boxes, but I got used to it. I recommend this shoe to try before they phase it out.

Gamma also looks good, but it looks a bit “potato-ey” in some top down photos, but maybe lacing em a certain way and them forming to your foot will fix that. I’m excited for the Gamma G6 by Julian.

Also, KSL G6 Reissue will be a new favorite once it drops!
Super Champion Fun Zone

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2021, 03:02:33 PM »
Expand Quote
@EmericaTM

[close]

Pugmaster,

Excuse my French but are you fucking kidding me??
Please tell me they will have the pour in G6 sole.
If that's happening I'll be skating those for the rest of my life.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

pops

• Rep: 241
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2021, 04:07:17 AM »
Are Gammas true to size? Very interested in trying those.

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 64
« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2021, 05:32:11 AM »
Can’t decide between waiting for the all white slip cup and getting something cheaper in the meantime or just getting the all blacks now.

beandemon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 181
« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2021, 05:05:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Wino G6 slips - Stick with your normal size or 1/2 down?
[close]

I went TTS. But I have kinda wide feet so idk maybe get another opinion. But they fit good for me.
[close]

TTS for me as well. Loving them. Favourite shoe in forever.

Expand Quote
Anyone knows when the Gamma's will be available in Europe?
And how is the fit? I am a 7.5 in Lakai and Vans for reference.
[close]

I know it's a bit delayed - but I'm 7.5 in vans as well. 7.5 has fit me well in emerica (reynolds g6 and wino slip cups).

Picked up some Wino G6 slips in my normal size and don’t know if they’ll work to skate, but they’re comfy and will make pretty good summer chillers.  I have fairly narrow “low volume” feet and running thick socks kinda negates the summer skate shoe idea I was chasing. Not bummed on them at all, I just don’t know if slips will work for me. 

vicious cycle

• Rep: 166
« Reply #86 on: July 05, 2021, 11:47:13 AM »
Are Gammas true to size? Very interested in trying those.
For me they are.  At least in length. I got a 10.5 .
But they are wide on the front.
I skate them with sport socks and fp insoles .
Without that, they would be way to roomy on the toe box.
Overall I think it's a great shoe. After a bit of break in time and getting used to the wider toe box .
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

FirstBlood82

• Rep: 117
« Reply #87 on: July 05, 2021, 12:59:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
@EmericaTM

[close]

Pugmaster,

[close]
Excuse my French but are you fucking kidding me??
Please tell me they will have the pour in G6 sole.
If that's happening I'll be skating those for the rest of my life.

if it comes with g6, its gonna be the best thing in awhile <33333

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2021, 08:02:44 PM »
@EmericaTM

I know that shoe production is a process that takes more time than the development of many other hard goods.  Is it expected the OG1 re-release will be within the next year, next couple of years, or within the next 5?  Thank you in advance!

Never forget:

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2021, 08:06:58 PM »
emerica please make basic vegan options for the gamma, straight white or black. no dorky shit or special vegan logos please. just non animal upper.

and maybe do the same when you bring out the ksl, that white one was synthetic back in the day anyway iirc.

thanks

edit: brown would be dope, too.