Author Topic: Tails slightly mellower than my current anti-hero 8.375.  (Read 803 times)

Bold

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 18
Tails slightly mellower than my current anti-hero 8.375.
« on: April 26, 2021, 08:05:25 AM »
Looking forward to buying my next deck but I'm going to have to find something with a slightly mellower tail than my current anti-hero. Current deck is 32" x 8.375" 14.375" wheelbase.
How do you measure tail and nose? From the outer mounting holes tail is 6.5" and steeper than my son's DGK 8" deck. Nose is 7".

I've been riding this deck backwards to get the feel I like.

What decks in 8.375" or 8.25" are a bit less steep than mine?
Would a 14.25 wheelbase mellow out the pop angle as well?

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Tails slightly mellower than my current anti-hero 8.375.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 08:52:38 AM »
Baker/Primitive would be slightly more mellow.
If you want even more mellow, grab a ps stix mellow - toy machine and foundation list the concave on their webstore.

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 51
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 05:54:50 PM »
Looking forward to buying my next deck but I'm going to have to find something with a slightly mellower tail than my current anti-hero. Current deck is 32" x 8.375" 14.375" wheelbase.
How do you measure tail and nose? From the outer mounting holes tail is 6.5" and steeper than my son's DGK 8" deck. Nose is 7".

All DLX boards have a roman numeral I-IV stamp on the top, indicating where in the stack it was pressed. The boards with IV stamped are the mellowest.
How much for an order of ribs?

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2021, 08:24:26 PM »
So many questions about this, so I made a post about it not too long ago with two of what seem like the same board, but obviously are not.  From my post:

Difference in concaves from I to IV in the press.

So I have two Antihero eagle 8.38 decks from the same woodshop (BBS) to compare and pretty much the same in every way, but one is from the top of the press, the I with the yellow and green ply, then the other is from the bottom or last board in the press, marked with IV and has a blue and grey layer. They both have orange tops, but the different other colours make them easier to tell apart.

The top board is much steeper overall in both concave and the angle of the kicks, as well as being a tiny bit longer overall too, which is interesting to note. These boards are all pressed and cut with automated machinery for the most part, so the angle of the kicks does ever so slightly change the board as part of that process.

To stand on them, there are significant differences between the two and although I prefer the more mellow bottom boards, I can still skate any of them easily enough, but it takes longer to get used to the I or II decks, than it does the III or IV decks.

Most shops would never advertise what number the boards are, so if you are after a specific number, go into the shop to see for yourself and stand on the board, or ask so they can check, but quite often they will not know what you are talking about unless they are aware of the product differences or are into such things.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNBo7unFfc4/

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Bold

• Rep: 18
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2021, 03:38:14 AM »
Thank you all.
As obsessed as I am with deck measurements it's clear I need to take my current deck with me to the shop in order to compare and get what I want.

It's an hour away unfortunately but, they have a skatepark so I guess road trip!

Boog

• Rep: 190
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2021, 05:54:11 AM »

Theories make some pretty mellow boards. Also I got a board from a newer company called Stress skateboards that have a nice mellow shape. Also I would think depending on how long the nose and tail and over all length of the board that shortening the wheelbase could go either way.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2021, 07:08:17 AM »
Got the Justin Henry Quasi Game 7 8.375 and it's got a real nice mellow tail, and a medium nose.