Author Topic: Supreme Milan - STALLION  (Read 29430 times)

tityboi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
Re: Supreme Milan - STALLION
« Reply #210 on: May 06, 2021, 08:44:11 PM »
did he keep panning between the two people at the end because they looked similar? it cant be that stupid

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #211 on: May 06, 2021, 08:47:40 PM »
Expand Quote
I actually get excited when I see the Heat Mizer now, those noseslide tricks!? Can't be that mad.

Also, I say this respectfully, this is the most adorable human in skating

[close]

Him ducking under the bar while in a manual was my favorite trick in the video

a highlight for sure. i need to know more about this person!
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

Rubbrick

• Rep: 140
« Reply #212 on: May 06, 2021, 09:14:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I actually get excited when I see the Heat Mizer now, those noseslide tricks!? Can't be that mad.

[close]

[close]

https://instagram.com/lil.rachhbbc?igshid=afh3vh66pfr4

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #213 on: May 06, 2021, 09:18:21 PM »
who does troy get boards from?
hockey

Nosebleed-section

• Rep: 30
« Reply #214 on: May 06, 2021, 09:20:17 PM »

Also, starting a video with Alice in Chains unironically in 2021 is why you don’t have a 44 year old nerd edit a skate video.

I thought this was dog shit in general but starting off with that song really sealed the deal
just nipples affiliate

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #215 on: May 06, 2021, 09:28:59 PM »
Bill wins.
We're already 8 pages deep discussing this shit.

QUSH

• Rep: -32
« Reply #216 on: May 06, 2021, 09:41:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

https://instagram.com/lil.rachhbbc?igshid=afh3vh66pfr4

Dude he rips

Highonangeldust

• Rep: 623
« Reply #217 on: May 06, 2021, 10:06:39 PM »
Kids watching this be like

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #218 on: May 06, 2021, 10:19:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
hockey

Cool. Now...who is Troy?

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 770
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #219 on: May 06, 2021, 10:22:12 PM »

nothing's been the since same

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #220 on: May 06, 2021, 10:27:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

It's actually just Neen Williams before all the Salmon and Crossfit

Highonangeldust

• Rep: 623
Re: Supreme Milan Video
« Reply #221 on: May 06, 2021, 10:28:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
supreme milan opens next thursday, video should come out around then.

EDIT

[close]
That kid with glasses with his hands on his hips looking so jaded bummed me the fuck out. You should be at the very least 30 before you look like you hate life that much.
[close]

Kid grew up in Italy during COVID, give them a break.
I actually really liked that kids clips the best. Party on little Garth

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #222 on: May 06, 2021, 10:34:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
hockey
[close]

Cool. Now...who is Troy?
[close]

https://instagram.com/tgip_?igshid=13w0ewg7tnmzu

Cool. Who is he in this video?

My favorite part of current skate videos (and a trend that Supreme epitomizes) is not knowing who any of these new dudes are and then seeing random people in the know pretend like everyone should have an encyclopedic knowledge of RandomKid Bumblefuck's style in order to be able to pick him and his friends out by name in a few seconds.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: Supreme Milan Video
« Reply #223 on: May 06, 2021, 11:12:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
supreme milan opens next thursday, video should come out around then.

EDIT

[close]
That kid with glasses with his hands on his hips looking so jaded bummed me the fuck out. You should be at the very least 30 before you look like you hate life that much.
[close]

Kid grew up in Italy during COVID, give them a break.
[close]
I actually really liked that kids clips the best. Party on little Garth
he and his friend have really good stuff in all their edits. his buddy even goes a little harder imo. i don't actually know if they are best buds, but they seem to skate every spot together. i only know the little glasses dude's name is vince palmer.

these kids will definetly go some ways if they keep skating and already are backed by supreme as long as they don't pile out.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #224 on: May 06, 2021, 11:16:00 PM »
Props and gnars to whoever edits Rowan's footage into a clip
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Safariferrari

• Rep: 42
« Reply #225 on: May 06, 2021, 11:22:37 PM »
Expand Quote

Cool. Who is he in this video?

My favorite part of current skate videos (and a trend that Supreme epitomizes) is not knowing who any of these new dudes are and then seeing random people in the know pretend like everyone should have an encyclopedic knowledge of RandomKid Bumblefuck's style in order to be able to pick him and his friends out by name in a few seconds.
I feel like if you don't care enough to be able to identify randomkid bumblefuck in the video then it probably doesnt really matter to you in the first place? Like no disrespect but supreme probably just made it for the kids who can tell who everyone is and you arent their target audience (not a bad thing). I don't think every company is obligated to put a name tag under everyone especially not in a shit montage like this.

Scott Chegg

• Rep: -5
« Reply #226 on: May 06, 2021, 11:29:13 PM »
its clearly them saying "hey we aren't perfect robots you can be part of supreme"
they will never sponsor you because you are older and bitter and they give these young kids a believe.
that's why there is this kid holding bills camera while guru plays in the backround. they are trying to be gurus.
the bad camera is the same effect but its more a natural what comes out of it thing.
they want to make kids hold the camera zoom in on the peoples faces and have fun while filming instead of stressing yourself filming like crailtap does over 8 years and with perfect 4k drone shots.
I never feel like you need to have a tricklist down when I watch his videos and I love that.

I know its painfully obvious but I thought id explain it to you since im locked at home

Are you seriously that fucking obtuse, you think that if someone doesn’t like fat bills filming it’s because they love 4K pretty sweet filming? It’s not that black and white you fucking dummy, I for one hated pretty sweet and this terribly filmed video. Get off Bills dick wtf are you talking about being gurus and all that bullshit, it’s a pretentious skate video not a fucking Tarantino movie

Biancapal

• Rep: -8
« Reply #227 on: May 06, 2021, 11:57:33 PM »
I think the whole strobeck era is coming to a close. It had it’s time for Pussy Gangster and Blessed, but I could even feel it coming to ending in Candyland, however I thought the skating was so good I didn’t pay as much attention to the editing style. Really sick of seeing shirtless white dudes with dark hair and shitty chest tattoos doing nollie back heels on flat.

Side note: how the fuck does Kevin Bradley still make money if he gets about four clips per year

Side note 2: has anyone ever bought a supreme board? Wonder what distribution they’re using  ???

truthislie

• Rep: 56
« Reply #228 on: May 07, 2021, 12:00:43 AM »
I hate that style of filming just as much as most of you, but its a Supreme video so no surprises there. However I hate it a lot more when that style gets copied, at least Strobeck invented it if you will.

Skating wise I have to admit I really enjoyed it, especially since having visited Milan in pre covid times. I just love it when I see spots I have skated in a video.

moneen

• Rep: -41
« Reply #229 on: May 07, 2021, 12:16:32 AM »
can someone gif the part at the beginning where he was panning up and down between the board and face so quickly you couldn't see either.

23shinseal

• Rep: -15
« Reply #230 on: May 07, 2021, 12:23:51 AM »
I like how everybody so woke these days about rape culture in skateboarding, mental health issues etc, but obsession with half naked young boys still a thing (judging by this video) and everybody seems ok with that.
Dude the video is for the kids, what's creepy is us old dudes watching it.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #231 on: May 07, 2021, 12:27:05 AM »
at this point I am convinced that bill masturbates furiously to the kids movie daily

I'd like to see some names, so I can give credit where credit is due ... some of the skateboarding was amazing, but it could be distilled down to a 5 min clip

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #232 on: May 07, 2021, 12:33:15 AM »
Side note: how the fuck does Kevin Bradley still make money if he gets about four clips per year
kb's the goat. don't front

assvogel

• Rep: 195
« Reply #233 on: May 07, 2021, 12:44:30 AM »
I thought that this was great, just what I expecting from a Supreme video and I'm not even the intended audience. Kadow battling dumpsters on fire, Kader and Rowan were probably the standouts, Tyshawns (?) tricks to the bank with the crate, long marble ledge clips too...

Of course for every Strobeck vid there's at least 5 clones in every single town: from filming, editing, skating, how people dress, you just see how influential these videos are. I can go to the skatepark next to my place and there's dudes lifted straight from a Supreme video. But then again, it's not like people haven't copied what they see in magazines or videos since they started making Skateboarder or Powell videos, so I totally get it, even if it isn't for me. And it must feel pretty good to be Strobeck, when you know that you can continue to do your thing and EVERYONE will be biting you. Nothing lasts for ever, maybe there will be the next new thing coming, but don't know what it will be.

Biancapal

• Rep: -8
« Reply #234 on: May 07, 2021, 01:09:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
kb's the goat. don't front

Don’t get it twisted, I’m a kb fan as much as the next guy but he literally must be built different to afford his life in la if he doesn’t put out any parts. Also always wondered how supreme pays its riders.... is it by contract or per clip/per video/instagram ad

excitableboy

• Rep: 92
« Reply #235 on: May 07, 2021, 01:20:21 AM »
I thought that this was great, just what I expecting from a Supreme video and I'm not even the intended audience. Kadow battling dumpsters on fire, Kader and Rowan were probably the standouts, Tyshawns (?) tricks to the bank with the crate, long marble ledge clips too...

Of course for every Strobeck vid there's at least 5 clones in every single town: from filming, editing, skating, how people dress, you just see how influential these videos are. I can go to the skatepark next to my place and there's dudes lifted straight from a Supreme video. But then again, it's not like people haven't copied what they see in magazines or videos since they started making Skateboarder or Powell videos, so I totally get it, even if it isn't for me. And it must feel pretty good to be Strobeck, when you know that you can continue to do your thing and EVERYONE will be biting you. Nothing lasts for ever, maybe there will be the next new thing coming, but don't know what it will be.

I actually got the impression that the intro was meant to portray that influence. The filming there was exaggerated to the point where it seemed to be self-parody. Probably I'm overanalyzing.

Some fantastic skating. Really liked Aidan Mackey's tricks on the round thing. That's not an easy thing to skate. I've seen some of these kids at Centrale, notably the short dude. Fun to have on the session. They're all pretty welcoming there. Going again in two weeks , let's see if the Strobeck treatment went to their adorable little heads. (A few days ago Draghi publicly encouraged tourists to come, to be sure. And I'm testing twice and isolating. As for the team flying out there, I guess the launching of a major brand's store legitimizes this as a vital work trip? Iffy nonetheless.)

Fly_Hoenn

• Rep: 4
« Reply #236 on: May 07, 2021, 01:54:55 AM »
also can we talk about wtf is wrong with the colours in this video. why the fuck does everything look red or purple or wtv

Dishonest John

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
  • Nya Ah Ahh!
« Reply #237 on: May 07, 2021, 02:08:01 AM »
Too much skateboarding
Perfect amount of feet
Not enough logos

Larry

• Rep: 8
« Reply #238 on: May 07, 2021, 03:46:34 AM »
capitalism breeds innovation

I don't know what I'm hating, I still watch'd the video.

It just pisses me off that everyone rides for the same two/three boardbrands baker or FA/hockey (now that 917 is over)

All the fits are the same. I bet all the supreme riders wear those chlothes just once in their life, then throw them away cos then there's allready a new stupid drop on the way

Also what's up with ben and that trashcan? dick move
Just shred some serious gnar.

rock2fakie

• Rep: 7
« Reply #239 on: May 07, 2021, 03:47:54 AM »
The ledge over the grate segment was dope. I’d never thing I’d see someone slide/grind it all the way to the end. The curved granite/marble curb is my dream spot - the sound of those grinds were glorious.

Also, how many 50-50 grind f/s shuvs are too many? Beatrice is dope, but I wouldn’t be mad if I never saw that trick again. She’s done that in pretty much every video she’s been in + 2 in this video

Tweeted March 8th. I guess she's aware of it.

Didn't watch the full video yet but I do like the colors.