Author Topic: Supreme Milan - STALLION  (Read 29278 times)

oyolar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 378
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Supreme Milan - STALLION
« Reply #150 on: May 06, 2021, 10:12:09 AM »
How do you guys know who any of these random kids are?

Super bummed that these dudes went and spent who knows how long at one of the worst hit Western countries during the pandemic and didn’t even have a good video out of it. It must suck to be trying to have a career in skating but knowing that a big part of that is filming with Strobeck so your tricks will be filmed like a low tier IG edit.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 10:22:28 AM by oyolar »

UwU

• Rep: 2
« Reply #151 on: May 06, 2021, 10:14:11 AM »
Knowing fat bill was filming all this make me uncomfortable

gibbydekeyzer

• Rep: 1
« Reply #152 on: May 06, 2021, 10:23:42 AM »
Personally I enjoy Strobeck's filming but kinda skeptical on the angles from the bank to ledge to big ass drop

SmilingBoy

• Rep: 12
« Reply #153 on: May 06, 2021, 10:31:40 AM »
These last two Supreme videos have been cool in the aspect that they are showing off local scenes, but I really prefer a full length with individual parts as opposed to this montage format. Bummed that there wasn't a certified Dill moment in this either.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #154 on: May 06, 2021, 10:33:57 AM »
Personally I enjoy Strobeck's filming but kinda skeptical on the angles from the bank to ledge to big ass drop

it's almost as if you actually want to see the obstacle that they're skating.

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #155 on: May 06, 2021, 10:35:30 AM »
Oh my fucking god at this point it's just comical how much Beatrice can only do 5050 shoves. There's so many talented women skating now that you know lots of them are looking at her with second hand embarrassment. I literally Nelson lol'd at her first clip - knew what it was going to be.

Rest of it was predictable Strobek. Some good tricks ruined by his filming as always. This is for the youth, not old fucks like me. 

Edit: Bill just went too far with that filming. As an occasional shot, sure. That's what Wolfe did. But as your defining aesthetic? It's too much. At this point it's a "thing" though - the controversy surrounding his technique, so you know they love the attention it gets. 
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 11:00:59 AM by BugleBites »

gibbydekeyzer

• Rep: 1
« Reply #156 on: May 06, 2021, 11:20:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Does anyone have a charitable explanation for the first 2 minutes? Struggling to understand the value of watching someone skate like me, looking pissed off, filmed terribly.
[close]
If I had to guess I’d say he wanted the shot of that kid( the Italian stallion?) to be the title card. He probably justified putting it at the beginning by thinking it sets the scene and to bookend the video with the same kid, but they’re the two worst “scenes” in the video.
[close]
Guess you're right. labeling that kid a "stallion" has got to be the most unintentionally funny thing I've seen in a while
kinda makes sense. I could see the theme of how he gets the good edgy locals (ex. SF GX dudes, Italian Stallion) to portray the scene and elements surrounding the stores that open up. I thought they shots were pretty cool but can see how they come off as corny for the older folks. Also major Larry clark vibes.

Safariferrari

• Rep: 41
« Reply #157 on: May 06, 2021, 11:25:17 AM »
Petition for Johnny to take over Supreme videos please?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV7cLlXTyrM
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 12:03:09 PM by Safariferrari »

quesly

• Rep: 14
« Reply #158 on: May 06, 2021, 11:29:25 AM »
Does Milan only have 1 spot?

Nuck

• Rep: 7
« Reply #159 on: May 06, 2021, 11:30:47 AM »
alice in chains
jacopo's backside noseblunt
kader's backside tailslide

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #160 on: May 06, 2021, 11:46:22 AM »
Bill saw the contrast option in his editing software, turned it to max to test it out, and then forgot about it.
Underrated comment, would gnar if I could.
Rowan, Caleb, and Kader had some great footy.  I respect Beatrice's manny game.  The Sage sighting was dope.  I wish Johnny Wilson filmed the entire thing.  Fat Bill's filming is like when you film your kid brother's basketball game and your first instinct is to fuck around with the zoom and pan way too much.  They used the same reggae song from the Lovers Rock episode of Small Axe.

thot juice

• Rep: -54
« Reply #161 on: May 06, 2021, 11:46:42 AM »
in italia its pronounced al-ee-che, see alice pagani from netflix baby ngl for the place that gave us monica bellucci in la riffa & baby i was low key thirsty for sum more crazy hot barely legal italian cooch

the random kids r from
https://youtu.be/dXToyTHS-0s

TheDingus

« Reply #162 on: May 06, 2021, 12:05:12 PM »
Considering I hate how my arms move when I skate, I may have to see about having FB film me. Or just hand my cam to a kid in a flame beanie and I’m sure the results will be similar.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #163 on: May 06, 2021, 12:11:39 PM »
i saw a lot of feet and awkward close ups of underage kids.

some great skating too, the long lens shots (i guess he was too far away filming random kids looking at him dreamy and suddenly a trick went down) were nice.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 765
« Reply #164 on: May 06, 2021, 12:17:38 PM »
Baker Boys showed up big. 

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #165 on: May 06, 2021, 12:28:28 PM »
Best trick was Supreme convincing kids dressing like a juggalo is cool

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #166 on: May 06, 2021, 12:32:32 PM »
Paolo Bianchi’s shit was rad. His style has improved considerably since his last part.

I made that name up to prove a point that none of you have any idea who the fuck these random Italian children are.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #167 on: May 06, 2021, 12:34:19 PM »
25minutes of faces and feet.

I liked the colour grading.

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1558
« Reply #168 on: May 06, 2021, 12:36:22 PM »
Paolo Bianchi’s shit was rad. His style has improved considerably since his last part.

I made that name up to prove a point that none of you have any idea who the fuck these random Italian children are.

Pretty sure that Mario Cinelli’s younger cousin?
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #169 on: May 06, 2021, 12:41:34 PM »
Every little kid is far too aware while they’re skating that they’re being filmed for a supreme video

Yeah, at this point it’s not natural anymore.

There was some dope shit in here though.  Nik Stain switch frontside boardslide was surprising.  TJ’s nollie crook was heavy. Jacopo’s bs nbs and that guy’s that either reg or switch front blunt on that curved curb were sick.  Kader and Rowan came through too.  The random unknown Italian kids were ripping too, especially that mini Penny with the glasses.

BAIL

• Rep: 7
« Reply #170 on: May 06, 2021, 12:48:08 PM »
PORCO DIO

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 8
    • HH avatar image
« Reply #171 on: May 06, 2021, 12:52:53 PM »
As someone said, no love or hate for this one, I enjoyed,  but at some point felt like it had too much little kids looking at camera after someone landed a trick, like it was a TV studio and everyone is checking the cameras and wanted to act cool when is pointed at them.

I know is a Supreme vid, and is like mandatory to rock supreme clothes but didn´t felt natural like everyone was dressed as they want, looked like it was a lookbook or something and there was someone telling "you already landed a trick with this clothes, time to change and film another line¨... like they need to show their entire catalogue.

But trickwise liked Nik (as always), Rowan had a lot of good stuff. Caleb is so cool, always want more from him. Kader is evolving into a grown man style and I like that and also likes how the gave some shine to that chicken little kid and all the locals... 

Jacopo´s trick was crazy, worth celebrating like that
If I wasnt me, I never hang out with me...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/new-york-supreme-ben-kadow-qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T">via GIPHY</a></p>

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #172 on: May 06, 2021, 01:00:18 PM »
Over the rail to bank with the grate on it, looked like such a sketchy spot. I don’t get how tj handled it so casually

disintegration

• Rep: -113
« Reply #173 on: May 06, 2021, 01:05:06 PM »
Don't want to be a hater but that was my least favourite supreme/Strobeck edit.

Rowan and Kader stood out for me, both dumb good. I really like Caleb but he never has much footage. Seven is cool too. The kid with the glasses is really sick, he will be really good in a few years. Why is Bloby Greg always in clips but never has skate tricks? Did Sean Pablo not want to get a vaccine lol? Krod injured?

Why are Casper, Kyron, Sam and Mike never invited to these trips- they would make the videos better ha.

People need to start going to the end of the ledge and then land in manuals to the road.

When are people going to stop complaining about his filming/editing. You know what you are about to see, don't watch it if you don't like it. He isn't going to change because people are moaning about it, probably makes him want to do it more. However I had to laugh at someones assumption about the slow mo of Kader rolling a joint before this came out and then this actually happened in the clip.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 01:16:11 PM by disintegration »

thot juice

• Rep: -54
« Reply #174 on: May 06, 2021, 01:35:05 PM »
nik stain wrked that pole like fka twigs in cellophane

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #175 on: May 06, 2021, 01:41:25 PM »
Caleb is still an am, that’s crazy.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #176 on: May 06, 2021, 01:45:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Every little kid is far too aware while they’re skating that they’re being filmed for a supreme video
[close]

Yeah, at this point it’s not natural anymore.

at some point felt like it had too much little kids looking at camera after someone landed a trick, like it was a TV studio and everyone is checking the cameras and wanted to act cool when is pointed at them.

Haven't watched this yet but this is my chief gripe with this style of clip. The self aware, self serious, played up face zoom makes me want to stop skating. Absolute cool guy fashion show jock nightmare.

I actually don't mind the actual filming for the most part, it's the type of performance that people put on for it that is just so cringey.

lalala

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 13
« Reply #177 on: May 06, 2021, 02:01:50 PM »
Kader's kickflip down that brick thing sounded amazing tho

gripping the dick like a church girl giving her first hand job
head of the dick gonna be purple like my uncles face when he hung himself

theknifesong

• Rep: 19
  • wow!balls!
« Reply #178 on: May 06, 2021, 02:06:20 PM »
I like how everybody so woke these days about rape culture in skateboarding, mental health issues etc, but obsession with half naked young boys still a thing (judging by this video) and everybody seems ok with that.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #179 on: May 06, 2021, 02:27:08 PM »
alice in chains
jacopo's backside noseblunt
kader's backside tailslide

All good stuff. Plus Aiden's tricks, Nik's switch f/s board, Kader's last clip. Music was great. I enjoyed it.