Author Topic: Supreme Milan - STALLION  (Read 29439 times)

alex

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 34
Re: Supreme Milan - STALLION
« Reply #270 on: May 07, 2021, 01:35:35 PM »
I think the whole strobeck era is coming to a close. It had it’s time for Pussy Gangster and Blessed, but I could even feel it coming to ending in Candyland, however I thought the skating was so good I didn’t pay as much attention to the editing style. Really sick of seeing shirtless white dudes with dark hair and shitty chest tattoos doing nollie back heels on flat.

Side note: how the fuck does Kevin Bradley still make money if he gets about four clips per year

Side note 2: has anyone ever bought a supreme board? Wonder what distribution they’re using  ???

Pretty sure KB still lives with his parents. He probably spends all his money on parking tickets though if his ig is any reflection. Honestly though he puts out a decent amount of clips on IG and I wonder if FA & Nike pay him decently well
Suns out, im going skating. chow

one-off

• Rep: 107
« Reply #271 on: May 07, 2021, 01:37:33 PM »
I just think Rowan’s footage, as great as it was, would’ve been so much better in Marni

usehername720

• Rep: 6
« Reply #272 on: May 07, 2021, 01:49:37 PM »
I like the Beatrice clips! I can't help but feel like there's maybe more footage from everyone's Milan trips that we haven't seen. How was Tyshawn out there and only got 2 clips, Kevin out there and got 0 clips, I feel like they're saving stuff.
Also no clips from: Nakel, KB, Dill, Gonz, Vincent, Sean Pablo, K-Rod (other than one slam clip). Am I missing more?

I think Vincent’s been injured, only knew footage I’ve seen of him recently was him doing a couple tricks on flat and that could’ve been recorded a while back

sorry

• Rep: -14
« Reply #273 on: May 07, 2021, 02:53:55 PM »
loved it

but..the fact that Kader kid tried focusing that Baca Muska homage board made me angry. Like kid, I know you got boards for free, and in that moment you probably dont think about what graphic it is, but thats a Baca Muska homage board. You dont focus a board like that if you have respect for the culture! Goddamn spoiled kid

arcam

• Rep: -65
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #274 on: May 07, 2021, 02:56:04 PM »
my review

vid blew
that dude Ben Kadow,or whatever the fuk his name is blows
the rasta dude with the hair blows
kader rips
kid with the glasses rips
couldn't save that trash video though...sorry William

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #275 on: May 07, 2021, 04:42:25 PM »
Wasn't a fan, but there were some good tricks in there (Jacopo and Rowan, especially). Wasn't sure if it would ever happen, but now I'm convinced Kader is going to absolutely blow our heads off next time he puts the work into a part.  Undeniable how authoritative he was in this vid.

Fraserjamesjollyjamieson

• Rep: -17
  • Brown 2
« Reply #276 on: May 07, 2021, 04:46:43 PM »
Expand Quote
I like the Beatrice clips! I can't help but feel like there's maybe more footage from everyone's Milan trips that we haven't seen. How was Tyshawn out there and only got 2 clips, Kevin out there and got 0 clips, I feel like they're saving stuff.
Also no clips from: Nakel, KB, Dill, Gonz, Vincent, Sean Pablo, K-Rod (other than one slam clip). Am I missing more?
[close]

I think Vincent’s been injured, only knew footage I’ve seen of him recently was him doing a couple tricks on flat and that could’ve been recorded a while back

Nak left supreme a few months back

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #277 on: May 07, 2021, 06:56:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I actually get excited when I see the Heat Mizer now, those noseslide tricks!? Can't be that mad.

Also, I say this respectfully, this is the most adorable human in skating

[close]

Him ducking under the bar while in a manual was my favorite trick in the video
[close]

a highlight for sure. i need to know more about this person!
[close]

It's actually just Neen Williams before all the Salmon and Crossfit
Lol

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #278 on: May 07, 2021, 08:07:04 PM »
There was some good skating in there, sorry I missed it

foureyedjim

« Reply #279 on: May 07, 2021, 08:31:48 PM »
I actually got the impression that the intro was meant to portray that influence. The filming there was exaggerated to the point where it seemed to be self-parody. Probably I'm overanalyzing.

Nah, that's the impression I got too, because the rest of the video was pretty standard strobeck.  That intro was excessively shaky.  I'm pretty sure anyone getting legit mad or frustrated over that odd flatground intro got punked.

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #280 on: May 07, 2021, 08:32:47 PM »

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #281 on: May 07, 2021, 08:49:10 PM »
Expand Quote
I actually got the impression that the intro was meant to portray that influence. The filming there was exaggerated to the point where it seemed to be self-parody. Probably I'm overanalyzing.
[close]

Nah, that's the impression I got too, because the rest of the video was pretty standard strobeck.  That intro was excessively shaky.  I'm pretty sure anyone getting legit mad or frustrated over that odd flatground intro got punked.

Pretty sure anyone who watched that intro got punked

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #282 on: May 07, 2021, 09:12:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Pretty sure Fat Bill who made an art exhibit that looked exactly like his bedroom apartment, has never lived in the same neighborhood as being self aware

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #283 on: May 08, 2021, 07:00:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Pretty sure Fat Bill who made an art exhibit that looked exactly like his bedroom apartment, has never lived in the same neighborhood as being self aware

Pretty sure the entire aesthetic of this pitiful company is ripped off and co-opted from a radical feminist artist while now being owned by a mega corporation that also manufactures weapons and anyone wearing this trash is a complete and utter tool.

Fuckin HELLRIDE BABY.

Jokes on us because we all watch it whether we like it or not. Fuckers. Capitalism is mad chill.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #284 on: May 08, 2021, 07:54:09 AM »
not tryna excuse anything but vf corp owns supreme now

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #285 on: May 08, 2021, 09:57:43 AM »
Was surprised by how many clips actually showed entire human beings doing tricks on skateboards.

The reason these stood out so much was because of how few of them there were.

Kader, Nik and Rowan clips deserve better.

dilbert1

• Rep: 139
« Reply #286 on: May 08, 2021, 10:26:45 AM »

Juliet Berto

« Reply #287 on: May 08, 2021, 01:58:00 PM »
I just think Rowan’s footage, as great as it was, would’ve been so much better in Marni
No. Vintage Missoni.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #288 on: May 08, 2021, 02:47:17 PM »
When you surround yourself with people who just only praise you and you feel like you've accomplished something in an industry, like Strobeck has, you become blind to criticism. You're not untouchable in what you do. You can always justify it as art, or just being different, but in actuality, it's just trash. There's levels of objectivity where you can say his filming is just terrible. Fuck you Fat Bill.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #289 on: May 08, 2021, 06:57:06 PM »
Upon a few watches I’ve come to realize Rowan is on some other shit completely.  Dude is amazing.

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #290 on: May 08, 2021, 07:07:54 PM »
Upon a few watches I’ve come to realize Rowan is on some other shit completely.  Dude is amazing.

Feels like we still haven't gotten a 'proper' part from him. Splits his time between Supreme and Baker and doesn't really max out filming for either. Would love to see him featured more.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #291 on: May 08, 2021, 07:24:18 PM »
I like it as much as Weed is tight.  Aiden footage is always cool.  I think with the shirtless kid its just a part of the movie that's Strobeks mini portrait of someone to start the movie off.  Videos always used to have some long intro part that might have even been a shiddy skit.  I think Strobeks filming def creates an affect and remember many posters are wanabe successful filmers who are gonna be bitter at Strobek.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #292 on: May 08, 2021, 07:58:35 PM »
The vibe I got from this was "Fuck you peasants, we are supreme we don't have to give a shit"

muntcuscle

• Rep: 44
« Reply #293 on: May 08, 2021, 08:59:23 PM »
every fucken clip is the same filming: waist-up zoom-in of rollup, last second jerk camera down to cropped shaky way too close angle of the guys feet... mix that shit up god damn

good skating tho

could do without the creepy 5 minute intro of a shirtless kid

muntcuscle

• Rep: 44
« Reply #294 on: May 08, 2021, 09:27:17 PM »
also i genuinely laughed at the filming of that clip at 15:56 that shit was next level trash

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #295 on: May 08, 2021, 11:15:39 PM »
I watched it while looking at other clips on ig. That's how it's meant to be watched, right? I'm guessing that's how some of these clips were shot and the video was edited.

I mean, this brand is basically Vision Street Wear for this era of skaters for those that lived through the height of VSW.

Shit, Gonz rides for this brand too.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
« Reply #296 on: May 09, 2021, 12:16:11 AM »
Kader, Rowan, and Tyshawn were definitely the high points - Kader especially killed it.
Quite a bit of filler, overzealous zooming, reaction shots, and fs 5050 fs shuvs.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #297 on: May 09, 2021, 12:46:35 AM »
Pretty stoked on those Rat Ratz kids.  Gives me a good feeling, those kids are what it’s about.

Highonangeldust

• Rep: 623
« Reply #298 on: May 09, 2021, 03:38:51 AM »

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1063
« Reply #299 on: May 09, 2021, 05:53:22 AM »
I watched it while looking at other clips on ig. That's how it's meant to be watched, right? I'm guessing that's how some of these clips were shot and the video was edited.

I mean, this brand is basically Vision Street Wear for this era of skaters for those that lived through the height of VSW.

Shit, Gonz rides for this brand too.

This checks out: