Author Topic: best plain t-shirt brands  (Read 4873 times)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Re: best plain t-shirt brands
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2021, 11:05:13 AM »
I just copped 2 bags o tees yesterday.

Fucking expensive rn like 5 bucks more than last time...but I got these because they was $2 less than the Fruit of the loom. Big fucking mistake. Mo fos at walmart don't know shit.

So the stickers on the back don't necessarily reflect the shirt your holding.

Im kinda pissed. Not 100% cotton. I checked the underwear. Not 100% cotton either.

Poly is bad for you and it's bad for the planet.

I'm going to up my posting rate today.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Andmoreagain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 51
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2021, 11:12:18 AM »
ocean state job lot has really nice soft t shirts and long sleeves for $4 ea.

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2021, 11:28:46 AM »
Volcom has plain t-shirts in 3 packs. Not super cheap but they are high quality.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 645
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2021, 03:49:12 PM »
Uniqlo U blank t shirts are pretty much all I wear now.
https://www.uniqlo.com/au/en/products/E422992-000?colorCode=COL45
I have two of these and while they're thicker and a little coarser than other t shirts, they break in really well and get a lot softer and nicer after a few washes. Will probably keep buying these for awhile.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2021, 06:50:14 PM »
Camber

wheee!

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2021, 06:42:58 PM »
My new hanes suck. Don't buy them.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1237
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2021, 07:06:41 PM »
next level or bella were good when i was screen printing. gildan soft style. usually like $7 a blank on amazon, probably closer to 4 if you have a wholesale account somewhere- keep in mind you could holler at a local screenprinter too, some keep blanks in stock.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2021, 07:10:25 PM »
they’ve been having Hanes heavyweight blanks at dollar general. In damn near every color too. They’re $5.00 a pop, but they are definitely better than the 10 pack one and done hanes white tees.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2021, 08:30:50 PM »
Just bought two black carhartt pocket Tees. we'll see how that goes.
ok thanks

furieruzu

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2021, 11:45:50 PM »
They are expensive, even more so for those of us outside the US but the Mack Weldon "Silver" t-shirts have become my favorite. They are an athletic fit so if you wanted them looser I would say go a size larger than your usual. They actually have silver woven into the fabric and their sales pitch about them keeping you from stinking actually works. At least it does for me. I have like ten of them and they all fit exactly the same and have not gotten smaller or begun falling apart after many washings. They have no tags in them either which I really like.

https://mackweldon.com/collections/t-shirts/products/silver-crew-neck-t-shirt

P.S. They seem to be out of black at the moment but it is a color I've seen them have. They sell out of certain colors quickly so I check the site regularly to see what's in stock.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2021, 12:32:49 AM »
I wear black carhartt pocket t's almost every day. Go one size down and you're golden.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

jimwalton680

• Rep: 0
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2021, 05:08:51 AM »
Lilpeep merch is what I'm looking for. Please direct me to a website that sells it.

MysticalTypeExperience

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2021, 05:30:56 AM »
American Apparel tri blend are some of the absolute best IMO. They fit my tall slim ass perfectly in a medium. I know they're no longer made in America which sucks but the fit is still the same. I've had some of these shirts for like 6 years and they still look good.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/American-Apparel-Tri-Blend-T-Shirt-Vintage-Soft-Track-Tee-XS-S-M-L-XL-2X-/292608166507?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

TheAmericanAntique

• Rep: 10
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2021, 05:43:25 AM »
Don’t knock it till you try it but the Lulu Lemon mens fundamental tees are great. Size up for sure due to the athletic fit on them. Trying to just have a few really good basics vs. 50 okay printed tees from the big 5

https://shop.lululemon.com/c/mens-t-shirts/_/N-8p1Z1z0vaey?icid=cdp-cdp:men-tshirts;2;collectioncard;cdp:mens-fundamental-tshirts;elevatedexperience

Still back, beefy tees, hammer tees and I mentioned next level 1800 has a boxy fit.

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 51
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2021, 06:39:36 AM »
Hanes suck ass. They get all stretched out and deformed so fast.

If you're on the east coast the $5 Ts at ocean state job lot are great.

MysticalTypeExperience

« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2021, 07:55:18 AM »
Don’t knock it till you try it but the Lulu Lemon mens fundamental tees are great. Size up for sure due to the athletic fit on them. Trying to just have a few really good basics vs. 50 okay printed tees from the big 5

https://shop.lululemon.com/c/mens-t-shirts/_/N-8p1Z1z0vaey?icid=cdp-cdp:men-tshirts;2;collectioncard;cdp:mens-fundamental-tshirts;elevatedexperience

Still back, beefy tees, hammer tees and I mentioned next level 1800 has a boxy fit.

Bro that's $58 for a tshirt

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2021, 08:11:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If you're willing to spend that much you should buy from Merz b Schwanen, they are great tshirts. Like, if you buy jeans from Gilbert Crockett, you would probably appreciate the Merz b Schwanen quality. I found a cheaper replacement from a local shop near me so I stopped buying them, but they are really nice. The ones I buy from the nice old lady are €12 for short sleeve €15 for long sleeve, so it's a little easier on the ol' pocketbook.

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2021, 08:13:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah, but their stuff lasts forever (like the old L.L.Bean stuff before they got crappy). If you can, buy used. I have a pair of the Dance Studio baggy pants for like five years and they're still looking fresh. Wear 'em all the time too.  :)
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2021, 08:19:40 AM »
Thanks for the thread and info. I’ve been looking into ditching skate branding.

I look like the old guy who “used” to skate, which is accurate, unfortunately(i still get out there. Old dudes know what i’m talking about)

Think its time to hang up the indy t-shirt.

artskool

• Rep: 31
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2021, 09:38:35 AM »
Uniqlo shirts are a good value. Stuff like Hanes are just cheap. Super cheap shirts are just low quality fabric, and made in exploitive conditions in rock bottom labor markets. I like usa made stuff personally, bayside is decent, though their fabric is made from cheap cotton. Jungmaven is really nice. I have 5 hemp blend shirts I got from them 5+ years ago that are still in great shape that I wear on a weekly basis.

biaherl

• Rep: 264
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2021, 09:46:53 AM »
MADE IN USA ORGANIC HEMP/COTTON SHIRT

https://www.unionlabel.com/hemp-organic-cotton-tee.html

MysticalTypeExperience

« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2021, 10:19:23 AM »
Thanks for the thread and info. I’ve been looking into ditching skate branding.

I look like the old guy who “used” to skate, which is accurate, unfortunately(i still get out there. Old dudes know what i’m talking about)

Think its time to hang up the indy t-shirt.

I'm bout to offend a ton of people but skate shirts and pants are tacky and overpriced as fuck. That shit is maybe cool if you're in middle/high school or sponsored.

I'll rock skate hats and shoes but that's about it.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 991
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2021, 10:43:32 AM »
Expand Quote
I don't think they make them anymore, but Cosco Kirkland plain white tee's are/were the best. I just picked up a 3-pack of Tommy Hilfiger for $14 at Ross.
[close]

Costco/Kirkland crew have a weird thick collar, couldn't get into them (they may have changed).

Next Level off Amazon are pretty good and decently priced:

https://www.amazon.com/Next-Level-Premium-Short-Sleeve-T-Shirt/dp/B008KE4SDI/ref=sr_1_23?dchild=1&keywords=The+Next+Level&qid=1619222523&rnid=2941120011&s=apparel&sr=1-23

Still the best for me to skate in. The Next Level shirts off Amazon. Great fit (they have a few different fits and materials) and super comfy; they've ranges of cheap to a bit more and the sellers are very competitive.

Black/Navy, two pack, $7 each.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D1CRDXF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tons of color combos.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 10:54:33 AM by Xen »

whorific

• Rep: -169
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2021, 01:18:02 PM »
a lot of core brands print on durable (Independent Trading Company) T's and Hoodies
same quality and feel with no annoying logo like blank decks in the 90's
" I did not say this I am not here"

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2021, 01:48:43 PM »
The target brand, goodfellow, the white 3 pack.

mongopushingmallgraber

• Rep: 31
    • Voicemail avatar image
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2021, 02:03:14 PM »
Banks Journal is kinda expensive but I love all their blank stuff.

https://banksjournal.com/collections/tee-shirts/products/primary-tee-shirt-2

numagik

• Rep: 35
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2021, 02:15:52 PM »
+1 for uniqlo

Landmine

• Rep: 184
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2021, 02:31:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I wear black carhartt pocket t's almost every day. Go one size down and you're golden.

This is the way.

The best plain black shirt though were the Jerzees Heavy Triblend packs; they don't shrink and fit great even if you start to get chubbier.  I haven't been able to find those in a couple years though so it's all Carhartt pockets tees for me now.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2021, 02:45:50 PM »
Amazon basics white pocket t's baby

Sightunseen

• Rep: 90
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2021, 03:13:27 PM »
Uniqlo shirts are a good value. Stuff like Hanes are just cheap. Super cheap shirts are just low quality fabric, and made in exploitive conditions in rock bottom labor markets. I like usa made stuff personally, bayside is decent, though their fabric is made from cheap cotton. Jungmaven is really nice. I have 5 hemp blend shirts I got from them 5+ years ago that are still in great shape that I wear on a weekly basis.

My usual day to day go to tee is the Uniqlo blanks. Good assortment of color options ( I usually got with black and grey) and very affordable.
Similar feel to alstyle or carhartt (stiff but breathable)
personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong