Author Topic: best plain t-shirt brands  (Read 4901 times)

GBLange

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
Re: best plain t-shirt brands
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2021, 04:50:58 PM »
Fruit of the loom

strongererections

• Rep: -14
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2021, 04:56:31 PM »
these were the best ever, if u find em thriftin cop em, necks just dont bacon
touch of gold by spring ford

aside from that havnt found any that beat kirkland, im tall n slim n like a lengthy loose fit. dont trust no one here sayin haynes n fruityloom shit, wtf

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2021, 05:50:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just bought two black carhartt pocket Tees. we'll see how that goes.
[close]
I wear black carhartt pocket t's almost every day. Go one size down and you're golden.
[close]

This is the way.

The best plain black shirt though were the Jerzees Heavy Triblend packs; they don't shrink and fit great even if you start to get chubbier.  I haven't been able to find those in a couple years though so it's all Carhartt pockets tees for me now.

This
And B01s, try not to wear both at the same time but it happens

strongererections

• Rep: -14
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2021, 06:07:57 PM »
tractor supply got some good stuff everynow n then. wish carhartts were longer, dont work with saggin pants

dickies tall pocket tees r good a size down but bacon easy when washed but u can just steal more from walmart

dollar tree 3 pack low socks r dope, i just buy more, aint washed socks in a minute

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2021, 07:26:11 PM »
i would like to interrupt shirt and dollar tree sock appreciation thread by paying respect to independent trading co hoodies. I got one from library skate shop and is best hoodie i've ever owned hands down.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2021, 07:51:02 PM »
tractor supply got some good stuff everynow n then. wish carhartts were longer, dont work with saggin pants

dickies tall pocket tees r good a size down but bacon easy when washed but u can just steal more from walmart

dollar tree 3 pack low socks r dope, i just buy more, aint washed socks in a minute
get the tall fit on the carhartt shirts, it'll cover your ass (literally)
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2021, 03:01:31 AM »
My dickies heavy tees have been lasting me for a few years now and I like to wear them skating. The color of one of them is starting to go, but so far no holes and the form has stayed the same.

venture5.8

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2021, 07:13:04 PM »
They are kinda expensive but camber makes a really good, boxy shirt
https://www.camberusa.com/max-weight.php

vndrewlee

• Rep: 0
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2021, 03:30:24 PM »

I love my Camber sweatshirt, how's the sizing on these? I find some Camber stuff shrinks a lot first wash.

venture5.8

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2021, 09:37:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I love my Camber sweatshirt, how's the sizing on these? I find some Camber stuff shrinks a lot first wash.

I sized up a size and after the first wash it fits like a carhartt tee
ex normally a size large, I buy mediums in carhartt tees and got an xl in the camber tee

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2021, 04:25:09 PM »
Uniqlo shirts are a good value. Stuff like Hanes are just cheap. Super cheap shirts are just low quality fabric, and made in exploitive conditions in rock bottom labor markets. I like usa made stuff personally, bayside is decent, though their fabric is made from cheap cotton. Jungmaven is really nice. I have 5 hemp blend shirts I got from them 5+ years ago that are still in great shape that I wear on a weekly basis.

Isn't this exactly what Uniqlo is? Their stuff is nothing special. Looks ok at first but doesn't last at all.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2021, 07:10:57 AM »
JCrew broken-in t-shirts are my usual go-to. They’re not cheap, but there’s always a sale, and the quality is so much higher than anything sold in packs that it makes sense for me to just buy the higher quality item. Also lots of color options other than white, blue and black. As a bonus, you’re not dressed like a 14 year old at the skatepark.

Avoid anything “JCrew Outlet” because that shit is trash.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Sid Farkus - Bra Salesman

• Rep: 30
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2021, 09:28:48 AM »
Has anybody done the Ben Davis blank pocket tees? I've been a carhartt guy for years and just bought some from Amazon and some from MLTD and it seems the quality has gone down - seems thinner and the neck is not as tight as ones in the past. I cannot stand a stretched out neck. Please help pals
Free Charlie Rambo

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2021, 02:44:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Uniqlo shirts are a good value. Stuff like Hanes are just cheap. Super cheap shirts are just low quality fabric, and made in exploitive conditions in rock bottom labor markets. I like usa made stuff personally, bayside is decent, though their fabric is made from cheap cotton. Jungmaven is really nice. I have 5 hemp blend shirts I got from them 5+ years ago that are still in great shape that I wear on a weekly basis.
[close]

Isn't this exactly what Uniqlo is? Their stuff is nothing special. Looks ok at first but doesn't last at all.

i find it honestly a whole notch better than stuff like h&m. sweaters, pants and jackets are literally amazing compared to simirlarily priced competitors. my main problem is it's hard to find the right size because their stuff is inconsistent. sometimes they have differently sized models for the same size pant but the pant look the same. sus.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2021, 05:11:53 AM »
JCrew broken-in t-shirts are my usual go-to. They’re not cheap, but there’s always a sale, and the quality is so much higher than anything sold in packs that it makes sense for me to just buy the higher quality item. Also lots of color options other than white, blue and black. As a bonus, you’re not dressed like a 14 year old at the skatepark.

Avoid anything “JCrew Outlet” because that shit is trash.

I agree with this.  J. Crew tees are nice and they have crazy sales often.  The "Factory" thing is correct too.  For years I did not know factory/outlet was not the same as normal stores for all the big brands like JC, Gap, Bannana Republic, etc.  .

sweet son of a bitch

• Rep: 62
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2021, 05:25:10 AM »
Has anybody done the Ben Davis blank pocket tees? I've been a carhartt guy for years and just bought some from Amazon and some from MLTD and it seems the quality has gone down - seems thinner and the neck is not as tight as ones in the past. I cannot stand a stretched out neck. Please help pals
I recently got a Ben Davis beefy t that’s real nice . Identical to the Uniqlo U fit with short sleeves almost to the elbow . I do like this fit but have to be in the mood . Quality seems sold . I’ve seen people with the pocket tees abs they look they have had for 20 years .