Author Topic: Frankfurt, Germany (shops/parks/etc)  (Read 393 times)

trash

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 11
Frankfurt, Germany (shops/parks/etc)
« on: April 24, 2021, 05:35:56 AM »
Anyone have insight on the Frankfurt scene? Looking like I'll be moving out there from the states in a few months.

Mostly looking for what the best shop/parks are, I'm fine hunting for spots. Also any info on if there's a DIY scene there would be tight.

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • The mistery of shadows
Re: Frankfurt, Germany (shops/parks/etc)
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 06:18:11 AM »
Check out skatemap.de
The biggest park in Frankfurt is the Hafenpark close to the European Central Bank:

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 07:57:14 AM »
There's this skateshop. I never been there and don't know if its cool or hated by the  locals but I ordered a board once and the service was quick and good.

https://www.bonkers-shop.com/de/
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2021, 10:13:16 AM »
Anyone have insight on the Frankfurt scene? Looking like I'll be moving out there from the states in a few months.

Mostly looking for what the best shop/parks are, I'm fine hunting for spots. Also any info on if there's a DIY scene there would be tight.

Yo. I have lived here most of my life. Bonkers is alright, but it is mostly a fashion store which specializes on dunk drops and the cool expensive brands. For decks and other hardgoods the local Titus is probably a better place. They have a much larger choice of decks, trucks and wheels. Both shops are staffed with local skaters who will give you advice on spots and parks if you ask nicely.

The hafenpark is alright, but despite its size not all that amazing especially if you are into street skateparks. It has also been overrun with scooter kids since team sports are currently outlawed due to the pandemic still going pretty strong in Germany.

Frankfurt is amazing for street skating. Too many spots to name them all. My favorite ones are „bockenheimer warte“ (9:58 and me skating the same spot at 10:50) „wassergap (5:08)“ and „Willy brand Platz“ (22:03). Most of the spots in the video are in Frankfurt. „Willy Brandt Platz“ and „bockenheimer Warte“ are Never a bust.

https://vimeo.com/143226901

trash

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2021, 02:43:20 PM »
@S. just what I was looking for, thanks! Is the spot at 5:04 in Frankfurt? Looked like a slab DIY?

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2021, 02:56:16 PM »
Yes it was in Frankfurt. Unfortunately the owner of the land had the DIY spot torn down two years ago. That spot is sorely missed by a lot of people. We have been trying to get another DIY spot going, but without any luck so far. Apart from some small things obstacles have been torn down pretty quickly.

trash

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2021, 05:36:37 AM »
Finally made it out. Still waiting for my boards to get here (hopefully soon), if anyone wants to link up for a session PM me.