Author Topic: fucking heel bruise  (Read 219 times)

switchfrontshuv

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -10
fucking heel bruise
« on: April 25, 2021, 04:40:03 AM »
bussed my heel like 2 weeks ago, decided fuck it even though its not healed and went skating

wasn't nice, I could still do the tricks I had mostly flatground (actually only flatground) but it hurts literally all the same

will this shit ever heal no matter what I do? I iced and heated it and did all kinds of shit those 2 weeks but now when I step its a weird painful feeling that feels more annoying than concerning

its my first heel bruise btw fuck stairs shouldn't of ever tried getting good at them

fs1/2cab

• Rep: 59
    • a short part
Re: fucking heel bruise
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 09:56:04 AM »
Every body is different, but heel bruises just take forever to heal. Maybe try some insoles if you haven't already.
I swear by the footprint orthotics.

Wish you a speedy recovery back to 100%.

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 02:10:07 PM »
"Annoying more than concerning" sounds about right for two weeks after bruising your heel.  Arnica gel can be helpful in cutting the pain a bit.  Heat brings blood flow to the area which might help speed the healing, so keep up the hot compresses or whatever you're doing. 

Not to bum you out, but I got a heel bruise in mid-January and it wasn't until a week or two ago where I felt like it was finally done healing.  And it was from the dumbest shit, just slipping out on a 5-0 on a shin high ledge and landing too hard on my back heel.  The worst injuries often seem to be from the most trifling shit.

Geefmijsla

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2021, 03:12:25 AM »
Try this water bottle technique, do not skate untill the pain is completly gone. Otherwise you will have pain for months.

https://youtu.be/3wzLu0pVgIY

My bruise was gone in a week.

Brguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -55
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 02:47:32 AM »
Be patient, the inconvenience can mean another weeks without skating if you're not careful. Happened to me when I went back to skating and landed primo in a noseslide. Heel bruises take a while to get good.