Author Topic: Spots in Westchester county New York  (Read 826 times)

CorneliusCardew

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Spots in Westchester county New York
« on: April 25, 2021, 08:54:11 AM »
Does anyone know any street spots in Westchester County New York? I would be happy with anything curbs 2stairs crusty banks etc. I am so tired of skating my driveway and local skateparks, but I didn't grow up here so I am ignorant

animalflesh

Re: Spots in Westchester county New York
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 12:14:05 PM »
Where do you live?

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 12:55:07 PM »
Near Peekskill

SharkJohnson

• Rep: -92
  • i am a shark penis
  • User is banned from postingMuted
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 02:46:29 PM »
go to white plains.... skate around itz fun and you will find stuff

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2021, 03:38:57 PM »
Does anyone know any street spots in Westchester County New York? I would be happy with anything curbs 2stairs crusty banks etc. I am so tired of skating my driveway and local skateparks, but I didn't grow up here so I am ignorant

Maybe skate BAM‘s driveway instead of yours?

Spitefire667

• Rep: 4
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2021, 08:02:31 AM »
There are more spots the further south you go in westchester generally. Grew up in Sleepy Hollow but would always go to Ossining to skate around. White plains was always fun as someone else mentioned, but the cops there can be dickheads ( as well as the people that live and work there).  Yonkers has spots as well as some great hills. They say it’s the second hilliest city after SF in the US.

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2021, 09:29:09 AM »
pile out at District 96 and Two Villians

Schmaltz

• Rep: -55
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2021, 12:25:12 PM »
New Rochelle Library
Prospect Hill School Pelham Manor
Target/Best buy parking lots in mt vernon
That one fenced off covered school yard in mt vernon not sure if its still there
Waterbury Park in the bronx

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2021, 06:42:45 PM »
New Rochelle Library
Prospect Hill School Pelham Manor
Target/Best buy parking lots in mt vernon
That one fenced off covered school yard in mt vernon not sure if its still there
Waterbury Park in the bronx
That's Lincoln elementary school and it has a rail on something like a 7or8 stair that has been hit up over the years. It has an okay ledge in the back of the school also. It's a crusty spot from what I remember, haven't gone there in about 2 years.

Edit: Also if you're looking for curbs, you may like the chase bank in New Rochelle (on North Ave). It's a bust during office hours though, you shouldn't be bothered anytime after 8 pm on weekdays or 5 pm on weekends.

SpuytenDuvyilEphemera

• Rep: -172
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2022, 04:01:25 AM »
At the risk of bumping a old thread, anyone want to share any new Westchester spots?   Looking for southern Westchester spots in particular.  One Ill add to the list that is technically not Westchester but close enough-- if you like bombing hills, the streets between Riverdale near Manhattan college down towards Van Cortland park-- metal curbs around there in various spots as well (awesome skatepark there not referenced in the thread as well that is very close to southern Westchester).   There are a bunch of these roads/hills that connect between Riverdale and Kinsbridge in the bronx.

I'm looking for curbs/small ledges/banks or bumps in particular.  Too old for white plains give potential bust factor. 

To one of the upper Westchester spots listed in here-- I love skating kensico damn but be careful there as I was asked to leave surprisingly recently by the park police (in particular they seem to be watching for skating going near the stairs/fountain versus cruising around) and was tailed out of town by an unmarked car.  I've never had any issues there just cruising/doing flat ground.

Schmaltz

• Rep: -55
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2023, 10:32:02 AM »
cruise around pelham, mt vernon, new rochelle, and venture into the bronx you will find a bunch of shit

Dollar Bill

• Rep: -13
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2023, 01:16:25 PM »
Lincoln Elementary rail is still there and 5 stairs. The ledge in the back is still there as well. Still crusty as fuck too. There's a knee high ledge across the street from Hartley Park on Gramatan Ave in Mount Vernon with smooth ground and grass(dirt) patches. I'm still waiting for someone to tame this bad boy on Lincoln Ave: