Author Topic: Old School How to Videos  (Read 1515 times)

Mrskillson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
Old School How to Videos
« on: April 26, 2021, 03:21:32 PM »
Hi all, I came across this Muska ollie how to and was wondering if you all knew of any other good or entertaining trick tip videos on YT or otherwise from back in the day. I couldn't find much on google...

companguero

• Rep: 248
  • sesquipedalian
Re: Old School How to Videos
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 03:42:24 PM »

Quote from: lazer69
Bitch, I dont got time to be on here reading every post.

Mrskillson

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 05:03:19 PM »

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • old and in the way
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2021, 06:36:02 PM »
 Ethan Fowler has one of the sickest 360 flips and he describes his method clearly and with detail.

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2021, 10:20:24 AM »
Ethan Fowler! Crazy to think how hard the OG Cons squad piled out.  Ethan, Angel, Trappasso...

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2021, 11:42:50 AM »

JWray's voice is all soothing, this still either makes me want to sleep or skate.

Cairo teaches you how to Nollie, im pretty sure Greg Carroll says "you wanna Ollie and as you do, do a kickflip, catch it with your feet...and ride away clean"

Both these are blasts from the past

waffle

• Rep: 125
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2021, 03:03:53 PM »

Holy fuck lol. How these dudes get a pass is beyond me.

“More celebrities know about me than I them.”

After reading this self-aggrandizing 2020 article about how many people “know neck”, I can’t imagine much has changed in the Baker camp aside from the public image they put out: https://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/neckface-people-i-ve-known/

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2021, 08:30:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Oh wow hahaha

Yo this shit had to be a joke, but I wish it wasn't?

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2021, 02:26:18 AM »
Ethan Fowler has one of the sickest 360 flips and he describes his method clearly and with guitar.

Thanks for posting this, I had never seen those clips before, great stuff. He really had a great 360 flip, yesterday after I watched that I spent like half my session at my local doing 360 flips on the little hip mentally picturing some of these. The one into the small bank in particular is so fucked up, and then the blatant disrespect to the filmer from the photographer, classic.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1929
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2021, 06:41:15 AM »
If anyone has copies of the old trick tip videos that Birdhouse use to have on their website QuickTime player, please upload them so I can burn a copy to DVD and destroy it. Willy Santos is great, but his tutorials were the least helpful thing every. The 1 thing that stuck with me was this line for kickflips - flick of the toe makes it happen. Only useful part of the trick tip.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2021, 07:43:55 AM »
Street Survival, that's what it's all about.
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 972
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2021, 08:11:11 AM »

This and savannah slammah was my first tapes I think
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Pipe Dreamer

• Rep: 24
  • Slap hard Slap often
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2021, 11:00:54 AM »
Marc Churchill hosted RAD on terestial TV in the UK back in the 90s. There's various trick tips on this channel from the show. Here's some basic ledge moves to wet your appetite. 

S H A L O M

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2021, 04:39:23 PM »

Big_Dingus

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2021, 05:43:18 PM »
Ethan Fowler! Crazy to think how hard the OG Cons squad piled out.  Ethan, Angel, Trappasso...

I don't think Ethan Fowler piled out.. he was already had a long career and substantial contribution before getting on CONS. Dude got a bit older and into music and other stuff. Don't slander Ethan okay I won't have it! He was ahead of his fucking time!

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2021, 07:50:56 PM »

yea I posted this one in another thread. but I legitimately learned frontside flips from watching this when it first came out. it’s all in the shoulders.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • old and in the way
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2021, 09:43:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Ethan Fowler has one of the sickest 360 flips and he describes his method clearly and with guitar.

[close]

Thanks for posting this, I had never seen those clips before, great stuff. He really had a great 360 flip, yesterday after I watched that I spent like half my session at my local doing 360 flips on the little hip mentally picturing some of these. The one into the small bank in particular is so fucked up, and then the blatant disrespect to the filmer from the photographer, classic.

@silhouette nice.  Before I saw this video I could barely do them at all - I can't get them to work with the elegant pocket toe scoops way like Stefan Janoski does, but the front foot placement and pressure descriptions from Ethan worked out for me for some reason and I am damn grateful. 

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2021, 01:08:55 AM »
I remember the first Thrasher How To Skateboard. Drake Jones explained the ollie and finished by saying "And that's an ollie". My friends and I couldn't speak English to save our lives but we were throwing that phrase around like mad after that.

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2021, 06:31:15 AM »
can't be bothered to go find it, but there's a kalis 3flip how to for which the transcript is something like:

"pop it like a motherfucker, flick the shit out of it, slam it down hard as fuck."

insightful.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2021, 06:44:28 AM »
the blatant disrespect to the filmer from the photographer, classic.
"well, my job's done here!" Do you think he was just psyched?
That was a flagrant foul

BigPants

• Rep: 2
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2021, 05:43:15 PM »
There was a full-length trick tip video that Brian Sumner made and Birdhouse put out called "Tao of Skateboarding". It had Rowley, Templeton, Appleyard, Reynolds and a million other people in it. The entire video has immaculate early 2000s skateboarding vibes, there's a ton of rad montages and I'm pretty sure half the songs are by Saves The Day.

Couldn't tell you if I learned anything from it but I used to watch it all the time and my friends and I would all quote it. Never heard anyone talk about it and I can't find it anywhere online but I still have a version of it on my computer that I could upload somewhere if I was pointed in the right direction.

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2021, 06:45:36 PM »
There was a full-length trick tip video that Brian Sumner made and Birdhouse put out called "Tao of Skateboarding". It had Rowley, Templeton, Appleyard, Reynolds and a million other people in it. The entire video has immaculate early 2000s skateboarding vibes, there's a ton of rad montages and I'm pretty sure half the songs are by Saves The Day.

Couldn't tell you if I learned anything from it but I used to watch it all the time and my friends and I would all quote it. Never heard anyone talk about it and I can't find it anywhere online but I still have a version of it on my computer that I could upload somewhere if I was pointed in the right direction.

this is the first video I ever bought as an 11 year old kid and lemme tell ya....it blew my fucking mind.  to this day I attribute it to why I'm good at skateboarding.  Jeremy wray's trick tips about fs 360s is unbelievable.

only a couple of videos exist online but I have the video in a box at my parents and you bet your ass I'll upload it as soon as I can grab it. 

some of the montage stuff with the Saves the Day music is fucking sick.  P-Rod, Herman, Sherm, Mikey.  Such a classic video! No one I know has any idea what I'm talking about when i bring it up but its truly a gem of the time.

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2021, 06:46:34 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

this is the first video I ever bought as an 11 year old kid and lemme tell ya....it blew my fucking mind.  to this day I attribute it to why I'm good at skateboarding.  Jeremy wray's trick tips about fs 360s is unbelievable.

only a couple of videos exist online but I have the video in a box at my parents and you bet your ass I'll upload it as soon as I can grab it. 

some of the montage stuff with the Saves the Day music is fucking sick.  P-Rod, Herman, Sherm, Mikey.  Such a classic video! No one I know has any idea what I'm talking about when i bring it up but its truly a gem of the time.

literally didn't even read your full comment but I said the same exact shit.  lol sorry

BigPants

• Rep: 2
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2021, 08:15:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

literally didn't even read your full comment but I said the same exact shit.  lol sorry
The resolution on mine is 352x240 so if you have the actual video I'd love a higher quality version. I don't know how much of it is nostalgia but it's honestly one of my favorite skate videos.

frenchbread

• Rep: 0
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2021, 10:43:44 AM »