Author Topic: Whats the trick to manuals  (Read 7558 times)

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Whats the trick to manuals
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2020, 11:00:32 PM »
for me manual is lock your heel in.....

Nose manual is toe....

Switch manual, heel as well? 

Fakie manual, heel like a manual, or toe like a nose manual? 

Switch nose manual....toe? 

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2020, 08:42:22 AM »
Expand Quote
what the hell is the trick to switch nosemanuals? I can nosemanual and switch manual fine, and can do a switch nosemanny if I have to but they never get any easier. 4 out of 5 I'll just put my back truck down immediately and the other one I'll just immediately put my nose down and eat shit. Any tips on ollieing into them more consistently? I think I don't commit as I slam on them so often
[close]

What the Frickin hell is a switch nose manual? 😆

Are you a nollie full cabber? Do you Fakie nollie? Do you use the term suski grind?

There's no such animal as a switch nose Manny ever ever ever. Never.

Ok boomer

edit - thanks for the tips though
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2020, 11:47:43 AM »
What's wrong with switch nose manual?  That's the correct term no?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 10:24:39 PM by j....soy..... »

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2020, 02:18:00 PM »
I wouldn’t expect anyone to say “switch ollie to fakie manual”. It’s switch nose manual.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2021, 10:44:55 AM »
man i suck so bad at manuals, but today i almost got my first fakie and switch mannys over something. i also nosemannied the pad, and i can't really nosemanny. this not really a trick tip but a shoutout to all pals that suck at manuals. we'll get there, hang in there, keep practicing. we can do this!

shalom

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2021, 02:43:46 PM »
I'm pretty bad at manuals, really only ever having then regular and even then it was sus. Since I've been doing a shit to of leg, knee, ankle strength work following an ankle injury, in just the past few weeks back I've had them on lock on the 4" high, 12ft wide pad at the place I skate. What I've noticed I need to do, just like everything else when skating (and wish I learned 20 frickin years ago) is the steps to setting up and doing it. -push toward, look at and set up front foot well ahead of time, forget about looking at feet and focus on the ground/obstacle ahead of me, last second as coming into obstacle/spot look at board and only board until riding away. When I remember this, I'm landing whatever I try that's within my general frame of skills and a little more. Gonna get on some half cab Mannie's soon!
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2021, 12:08:05 AM »
What the Frickin hell is a switch nose manual?

Fakie manny but you switch ollie into it? Just on flat I'd call it a fakie manny but if you sw ollie then sw nosemanny or nosewheelie is the proper term, think same difference as between fakie five-o and switch nosegrind.

Hardest part of learning sw nosemanny is keeping the shoulders aligned right, especially if you're so used to manny and nosemanny you'll basically have the reflex of turning your upper body the wrong way. I was never good at that trick but the couple of times I've tried and done it that was my problem, and I fixed it by just pretending I was doing a nosewheelie except switch (mimicking all the motions I normally do, just mirrored without thinking about 'switch') instead of thinking in already familiar terms. Do what it takes to push down on that nose and hold it the exact same way you're doing it regs, if it doesn't work then figure out what it is you're doing different. But it's usually the shoulders and looking back like a fakie trick instead of ahead and in the direction you're going.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2021, 07:18:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fakie manny but you switch ollie into it? Just on flat I'd call it a fakie manny but if you sw ollie then sw nosemanny or nosewheelie is the proper term, think same difference as between fakie five-o and switch nosegrind.

Hardest part of learning sw nosemanny is keeping the shoulders aligned right, especially if you're so used to manny and nosemanny you'll basically have the reflex of turning your upper body the wrong way. I was never good at that trick but the couple of times I've tried and done it that was my problem, and I fixed it by just pretending I was doing a nosewheelie except switch (mimicking all the motions I normally do, just mirrored without thinking about 'switch') instead of thinking in already familiar terms. Do what it takes to push down on that nose and hold it the exact same way you're doing it regs, if it doesn't work then figure out what it is you're doing different. But it's usually the shoulders and looking back like a fakie trick instead of ahead and in the direction you're going.

Ok I'm wrong kinda. Name of particular trick.  I don't believe in the blanket terms switch nose manny and Fakie nose manny. That shit hurts me brains.

Fakie nose manny is a wacky wacky term. So I'm like you landed switch manny? No I landed in Fakie nose manny. Hmmm. No no no. That's improper like me English man.

Kinda like the Indy is not a grab for both directions. It's the name of stand alone trick.

Soooooooooo....

Secret to manny tricks that I maybe have already spoken about....

Ive noticed that with my most Controlled manny tricks I set up with my back foot heel hanging off the tail. Ball of foot in the heel side pocket. All my pop comes from the front foot. Kinda like a controlled kick flip onto a ledge.

Then my back foot goes immediately to standing above the truck even if my head and arm are not in the right place.

Almost all my tricks I do from the pocket. So I have a guaranteed catch? Or it's because I learned almost everything on hand me down boards in the late 80s early 90s.
My Rob roskop I rode for like 2 years. When I became an "Ollie master" and got onto my first picnic table I had like a 4 or 5 inch tail.

I have no idea why people say tip of the tail for popping tricks in tutorials. I never ever ever set up like this. Maybe a little bit when I could do hard flips. Still I'm on that heel side pocket.

The only time I'm standing toe side of the tail is if I'm doing a backside trick like tre imp or bs flip.

I'm very upset so if this doesn't read I'm sorry.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2021, 08:57:29 AM »
Fakie nosemanual would be a fakie ollie to switch manual, but nobody really uses the term

@silhouette that makes a lot of sense, gonna go try them now thanks
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2021, 03:22:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Ok I'm wrong kinda. Name of particular trick.  I don't believe in the blanket terms switch nose manny and Fakie nose manny. That shit hurts me brains.

Fakie nose manny is a wacky wacky term. So I'm like you landed switch manny? No I landed in Fakie nose manny. Hmmm. No no no. That's improper like me English man.

Kinda like the Indy is not a grab for both directions. It's the name of stand alone trick.

Soooooooooo....

Secret to manny tricks that I maybe have already spoken about....

Ive noticed that with my most Controlled manny tricks I set up with my back foot heel hanging off the tail. Ball of foot in the heel side pocket. All my pop comes from the front foot. Kinda like a controlled kick flip onto a ledge.

Then my back foot goes immediately to standing above the truck even if my head and arm are not in the right place.

Almost all my tricks I do from the pocket. So I have a guaranteed catch? Or it's because I learned almost everything on hand me down boards in the late 80s early 90s.
My Rob roskop I rode for like 2 years. When I became an "Ollie master" and got onto my first picnic table I had like a 4 or 5 inch tail.

I have no idea why people say tip of the tail for popping tricks in tutorials. I never ever ever set up like this. Maybe a little bit when I could do hard flips. Still I'm on that heel side pocket.

The only time I'm standing toe side of the tail is if I'm doing a backside trick like tre imp or bs flip.

I'm very upset so if this doesn't read I'm sorry.

i'm also a heel pocket pop guy. i noticed with mellow boards and ventures this doesn't really work for me. now i have to generally pop more towards the tip of the tail/toeside. i've been skating mellow boards for a year now i think i'll go back to steeper and more concave. 

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2021, 08:34:21 AM »

Switch manny and fakie nosemanny sound like two completely different tricks to me. Switch manny you switch ollie then manny the pad switch, fakie nosemanny you fakie ollie into the pad into 'switch manny' position but since you never popped a switch ollie it's no switch trick, it's literally a nosemanny backwards so fakie nosemanny. Now of course on flat without any pop into it, e.g.. across parking lot lines the trick would be the same. Not trying to be pedantic, just comparing logic. Hope your day gets better!

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2021, 09:37:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Switch manny and fakie nosemanny sound like two completely different tricks to me. Switch manny you switch ollie then manny the pad switch, fakie nosemanny you fakie ollie into the pad into 'switch manny' position but since you never popped a switch ollie it's no switch trick, it's literally a nosemanny backwards so fakie nosemanny. Now of course on flat without any pop into it, e.g.. across parking lot lines the trick would be the same. Not trying to be pedantic, just comparing logic. Hope your day gets better!
Thank you. I'm trying.

Leaning hard on slap because I literally have no one to talk to.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)