Author Topic: Tyshawn Jones x Warby Parker  (Read 3684 times)

shpongle

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 200
  • love everyOne and tell the truth
Tyshawn Jones x Warby Parker
« on: April 27, 2021, 02:11:02 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QaoVFfYdEM

full entrepreneur mode <3 tj is sick

NoComply180

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -454
  • Objectivity police
Re: Tyshawn Jones x Warby Parker
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 04:19:19 PM »
Did this (talented) slacker finally put out another part or is this something else

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 07:49:00 PM »
"what are you filmin for these days? adidas? FA? hardies?"

"nah, warby parker."

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Some dude

• Rep: -43
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 08:50:14 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QaoVFfYdEM

full entrepreneur mode <3 tj is sick
[/quote

didn’t watch but 🥴

Edit: did watch and still 🥴 plus a little 💩

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2021, 08:59:31 PM »
Did this (talented) slacker finally put out another part or is this something else
yeah tyshawn jones is a slacker yep

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2021, 10:58:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Seriously. We’re not that far removed from an era where it was completely normal for guys to go 3 years or more between video parts with no one sweating them for it.

Cherry (2014) to Away Days (2016) to Blessed (2018) is not a slacker’s pace, especially with all the other footage sprinkled in between.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1278
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2021, 12:21:19 AM »
I honestly don't know how anybody could hate on that piece. Giving money to the middle school you went to is some g shit. An eyeglass endorsement deal is a long way from Busch Beans or pits to chesty.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

SLAPASONIC

• Rep: 22
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2021, 01:35:06 AM »
I don't get Slap's hate for Tyshawn, he's had 3 major parts mentioned above, and footage in a bunch of Adidas, Illegal CIV and Strobeck edits, how the fuck is he a slacker?

I feel like if you compiled his footage in total, you'd have close to/over 20-minutes.

Some pro's in their 20 year careers don't have that, he's only 22. I have a feeling that a lot of the negativity directed his way stems from envy, or racist sentiments held about a young black kid doing well for himself in his own way.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2021, 03:16:17 AM »
I don't get Slap's hate for Tyshawn, he's had 3 major parts mentioned above, and footage in a bunch of Adidas, Illegal CIV and Strobeck edits, how the fuck is he a slacker?

I feel like if you compiled his footage in total, you'd have close to/over 20-minutes.

Some pro's in their 20 year careers don't have that, he's only 22. I have a feeling that a lot of the negativity directed his way stems from envy, or racist sentiments held about a young black kid doing well for himself in his own way.

He and those guys he came up (IC/Supreme) with just seem like humorless jerks.  I don’t begrudge him his success, but I just don’t like any skater that presents as an asshole.   

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2021, 03:29:12 AM »
anybody caught a look at the shoes around 00:10?

Look like a lowtop version of the tyshawn but with a different toe piece?

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2021, 03:32:16 AM »

I’d guess the Tyshawn 2.  Bad timing as it seems like his first one is just starting to get real popular or at least I see a lot of adidas riders now wearing them

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2021, 05:52:43 AM »

You just had to get the Tyshawn shit started again smh.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2021, 06:27:19 AM »
as a dude with glasses:

1. i initially almost sent clips to warby parker as a joke because i wanted to try to finesse some free glasses, oh well

2. they couldn’t find a dude who wears glasses to represent them?! corny shit!!! these jawns arent a fashion accessory- i need them to see !!

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2021, 06:32:05 AM »
He didn't have to go over a trash can for the catch, but he did.

Slacking, obvs.

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2021, 08:14:46 AM »

This ^

Tyshawn has put in the work on his skating, won SOTY, and has a successful pro model shoe on a big brand.

How dare he try his hand in the restaurant business and try to have a more sustainable revenue stream for when he's older?

Dude decided to be sober at an early age and is a focused young man!  Nothing but the best for him...

Bonus points for him telling Dill that he wasn't his father.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2021, 08:45:06 AM »
There's plenty of less productive dudes than Tyshawn with no dogs to breed, no corny brand endorsements, and no gumbo plates to excuse not having footage.

That restaurant menu is too damn big.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 616
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2021, 08:46:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You just had to get the Tyshawn shit started again smh.
So just because he makes everything look super easy and casual he's a slacker? He's one of the most accomplished multi-hyphenate skaters of the 21st century.

And those shades are fire  8)

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2021, 08:51:15 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I’d guess the Tyshawn 2.  Bad timing as it seems like his first one is just starting to get real popular or at least I see a lot of adidas riders now wearing them

tyshawn low for fall 2022

MOUNTAIN

• Rep: 211
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2021, 09:04:08 AM »
Comes out in the next year or two
We used to skate on a sculpture by Henry Moore. Good times.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -454
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2021, 04:36:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
let me rephrase that, because slacker was a poor word choice. He’s clearly got a ton of work ethic and drive given all the different avenues he’s pursuing. It just sucks to see a dude who is SO fucking good on a skateboard, like once in a decade good, not cranking out coverage at the frequency which has become common for his generation of pros. Look at other dudes around his age like Franky Villani, Jaime Foy, etc who have put out tons of parts, and then think about how Tyshawn has basically had 3 parts in the last 7 years. Dude is undeniably good, and it’s cool that he’s doing very well for himself in a bunch of ways, but selfishly I wish he would give us more skateboarding.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2021, 05:17:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
let me rephrase that, because slacker was a poor word choice. He’s clearly got a ton of work ethic and drive given all the different avenues he’s pursuing. It just sucks to see a dude who is SO fucking good on a skateboard, like once in a decade good, not cranking out coverage at the frequency which has become common for his generation of pros. Look at other dudes around his age like Franky Villani, Jaime Foy, etc who have put out tons of parts, and then think about how Tyshawn has basically had 3 parts in the last 7 years. Dude is undeniably good, and it’s cool that he’s doing very well for himself in a bunch of ways, but selfishly I wish he would give us more skateboarding.
have you ever stopped to consider that maybe because jamie foy is constantly putting out ever clip he ever gets on a skateboard he isn’t a once in a decade talent? that maybe only putting out memorable clips occasionally is why tyshawn has memorable parts and is seen as more special. his blessed part has so many clips burned into my memory and i couldn’t name you two tricks in the last foy part

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2021, 05:30:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
have you ever stopped to consider that maybe because jamie foy is constantly putting out ever clip he ever gets on a skateboard he isn’t a once in a decade talent? that maybe only putting out memorable clips occasionally is why tyshawn has memorable parts and is seen as more special. his blessed part has so many clips burned into my memory and i couldn’t name you two tricks in the last foy part
He did a front krook. He also did a front feeble. Maybe a heel flip.

snowballz

• Rep: -12
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2021, 05:37:15 PM »

Racism.

hartt3

• Rep: 5
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2021, 05:40:16 PM »
he used to post more skating on insta a couple years back and it was really sick.. dude stylishly fs cabbed tht tall ass garbage can in the city never forget

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2021, 05:42:06 PM »
Donating money to the school is some real G shit.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2021, 09:23:28 PM »
That restaurant menu is too damn big.

Imagine getting super stoned and walking into that place and you have that absolute monstrosity to sift through

Genericwhitemale

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2021, 09:31:32 PM »
FA got divided between upriver and downriver.
Now that Terp is gone, it's a lot less upriver.
Lopez, Nak, Dill, TJ are so upriver.
They're upriver, it's like where TV exists, internet, fishing's better.

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2021, 11:09:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
TJ Vulc would be sick

tyshawn low for fall 2022

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65249
  • Team -65K
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2021, 05:56:29 AM »
This clip made me happy and had a good vibe. Food looked tasty too.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2021, 06:18:00 AM »
I guess Johan must’ve been unavailable.