Author Topic: 2hr 55min of Jed Anderson chatting (Disclaimer: A lot of snowboard talk)  (Read 1563 times)

figureitout

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
Jed is the man

« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 08:46:00 AM by figureitout »

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
Re: 2hr 55min of Jed Anderson chatting
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 08:44:32 AM »
(speaking as someone whose first love is snowboarding) when the Bombhole has the right guest on, it's amazing.

When they don't, its horrid.

Jed is the right guest. I absolutely cannot wait to watch this later.
ok thanks

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
Fuck, I love Jed. He’s an all time for me, but I really really don’t like Chris Greiner. Is he still annoying like he was in his video grass parts?

I’m conflicted on watching this.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
Fuck, I love Jed. He’s an all time for me, but I really really don’t like Chris Greiner. Is he still annoying like he was in his video grass parts?

He can be really annoying but surprisingly he really lets guests do the talking and stays out of their way. The problem is they have a lot of guests that are ridiculous. They do more in terms of doing research and asking real questions than the Nine Club does though.
ok thanks

ricky bobby

Awesome, I love this dude. Speaking of snowboarders that are also excellent skateboarders, I hope they get Jake Kuzyk or Cole Navin on the Bomb Hole.

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote

[close]

He can be really annoying but surprisingly he really lets guests do the talking and stays out of their way. The problem is they have a lot of guests that are ridiculous. They do more in terms of doing research and asking real questions than the Nine Club does though.

That’s good to hear. I should probably give it a chance, I recall them having some other guests I’m fans of.

artskool

• Rep: 31
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Jed has always seemed too painfully cool kid to do this kind of show. It was great though, and really great to hear him talk so openly.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
Jed has always seemed too painfully cool kid to do this kind of show. It was great though, and really great to hear him talk so openly.

Yeah, if you've never read this interview....highly recommend. It's referenced a couple of times on BH.

https://tormentmag.com/the-jed-interview/
ok thanks

GlenSuggittsflexfit

My snowboarder homies say he is the snowboard equivalent of ishod. I skated a ramp with him and it was pretty harsh realizing he has all the tricks I am working on/ want and does them pretty much exactly how I would want to do them. His skating is very easy on the eyes in person.

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
My snowboarder homies say he is the snowboard equivalent of ishod. I skated a ramp with him and it was pretty harsh realizing he has all the tricks I am working on/ want and does them pretty much exactly how I would want to do them. His skating is very easy on the eyes in person.

That’s a fair comparison. He can ride everything well and carries style through. He grew up winning half pipe contests as a youth if I recall, and then basically turned into the best street snowboarder of a generation, if not all time.

I think his skating is on a high enough level that he coulda made a career out of that if he wanted to.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
I didnt know this but apparently he has a full part in some big Toronto metro-area video where he clearly keeps up with the best of the locals. Pretty rad. Humble guy too but even he admits in the interview that people that are artificially humble or force it are annoying as hell. He's a rare bird in skate/surf/snow - a pro who has all the talent in the world but also the self-awareness to make it all work for real.
ok thanks

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
This might be the video you’re referring to. @2:38 for his part.

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
Re: 2hr 55min of Jed Anderson chatting
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2021, 05:47:18 AM »
(speaking as someone whose first love is snowboarding) when the Bombhole has the right guest on, it's amazing.

When they don't, its horrid.

Jed is the right guest. I absolutely cannot wait to watch this later.

my horrid pick is Lucas Magoon,  what a barney

artskool

• Rep: 31
That crusty downhill ender he has is so rad.

Since Jed had the courage to admit the the was a rollerblader, I'll admit that I'm a pretty committed snowboarder. I'm not really that into watching urban stuff though, so slept on Jed for a long time. I'll watch skate vids all day, but 90% of snowboard movies are a snooze fest.

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
  • sweet, man.
damn, that was a heavy interview. i have personally struggled/continue to struggle with a lot of issues he speaks about dealing with himself and I feel his pain. all the best to him.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
damn, that was a heavy interview. i have personally struggled/continue to struggle with a lot of issues he speaks about dealing with himself and I feel his pain. all the best to him.

Same, dude. For sure.
We got this. Hang in there.
ok thanks

bigdave

• SLAP Pal

I'd gnar ya if I could! Thanks.
ok thanks

donny2chugs

• Rep: 0
I snowboard even more than I skate, and I totally agree that skate videos are way better than snowboard videos in general. Jed put out some of the most watchable street parts ever though.

That crusty downhill ender he has is so rad.

Since Jed had the courage to admit the the was a rollerblader, I'll admit that I'm a pretty committed snowboarder. I'm not really that into watching urban stuff though, so slept on Jed for a long time. I'll watch skate vids all day, but 90% of snowboard movies are a snooze fest.

Expand Quote

[close]