Author Topic: Board Specs Help Thread  (Read 2222 times)

Pete W

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 11
Re: Board Specs Help Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2021, 02:53:48 AM »
So I thought it would be a nice idea to help each other out if we are looking for specific deck specs and which woodshop/company does them. I'll start.

Width: 8.1 - 8.2
Wheelbase: 14 - 14.25
Length: 31.6 - 31.8
Concave: Mellow
Woodshop: everything, not sure about HLC quality tho

And of course ya all can kook me if that is stupid.
Cheers pals

I had a Krooked Worrest (flower graphic) last summer
Fits your description, just a bit shorter at:
8.12" x 31.38"  w/ 14"wb
I really liked it, the nose and tail were almost identical in size with the nose being a little steeper and it felt mellow overall.

Only one i found atm between Krooked/Real/AH is the Real Classic Oval in red, might be worth keeping an eye out for that shape if you want dlx wood

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 608
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2021, 04:58:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
looking for a longer board, since I'm 6.6 and finally not a broke student anymore so i can buy something else than shop boards. the girl G056 looks interesting:

Width: 8.6″
Length: 32.625″
Wheelbase: 14.75″

but ideally from bbs or one of the good eu wood shops
[close]

Just saw this Quasi
https://wearecivil.com/shop/skate/deck/quasi-ply-2-deck-8-62/
8.625″ x 33″ WB 14.75″
[close]

Just a heads up, at least when I had one a few years ago that shape is closer to 32" since quasi measures length with the tape pushed in. Nose and tail were a lot smaller than I like so that board and I didn't get along too well.
[close]

So that 32" length Quasi have could actually be a bit shorter? Now I'm intrigued
[close]

Yeah I got a 8.5x33 14.5WB Quasi board and it was 32.25 measuring straight across. A pretty big 0.75 difference.
[close]

Just measured an old Quasi 8.5" in the shorter shape, the one that's listed as 32.125" with a 14.25" WB. Tip to tip, without pressing the tape it is actually 31.75".
[close]

Woah. 31.75 is the golden length for me. Is there a 8.125 version of that?
[close]

IIRC their 8.125 is actually even shorter, but I've never skated one.

Also worth mentioning that the 8.5 in that shape (at least the old one I have) tapers down to 8.25" over the back truck.
[close]

The Quasi site says
8.125 × 31.75 with a 14.125 wb

Got a head ups today from a pal and have one on my way, shoutout Lobby Skateshop (Hamburg).

I know ya all can't wait for my review, so I will let ya know. 😅
[close]

Quasi/GX 8.12 is 31.25 tip to tip. I've even seen one that was slightly shorter at just over 31" (the Dick Rizzo Toy one with the blue dog on it) but I'm assuming that was just one of those weird ones you sometimes get where something is slightly off.

If you want 31.75 tip to tip with 14.25wb then get the 8.25. It's one of the better mellow tail'ed shapes that's widely available. Just beware that Quasi has recently been running two 8.25 shapes... the one I mentioned and then another that is a little longer (I think its right around 32" tip to tip, been a minute since I had one), has a 14.4 wb, and has a more tapered/less square shape. I've seen Bledsoe and Josh Wilson graphics on it. I don't think GX1000 does that one so if you want to make sure you get the 14.25wb one you could look for one of those, they're the same shapes and molds.

Thanks pals. Ya all saved the day again.

But seriously.. 31.25 length? How short are the nose and tail on that?! I will see when I get that deck how I like it but the madness is ticking now.

I am currently on a Anti Hero 8.18.
Sticker says 31.875, with 14.38 wb.
But I measured like 31.8 and a 14.2 wb
So pretty perfect for me.
IG: @flowterspace

Wonderful Whizzplank

• Rep: 8
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2021, 01:40:28 PM »
Does anyone know how similar the DLX 8.75 is to the Darkroom 8.75? I'll take the minor difference in WB but nose & tail lengths and angles I'm more picky about
Total newbie

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 978
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2021, 05:55:07 PM »
Since NHS isn’t making their wide tip decks anymore (8.25x32x14.44WB) I’m trying to track down:

Full shaped or squareish tips (AWS/Hab/FA)
8.25 x 32 (or under)
14.3+ WB

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1107
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2021, 07:09:52 PM »
ISO ps stix, 8.5x14.25xless than 32. Prefer more flat. Please, and thanks.
Basically want like 20 more of the deck I have now, it’s light, great pop, feels perfect. Weirdly works with whatever trucks I put on it.

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2021, 10:34:49 PM »
I’m still trying to figure out what kind of board I dig tbh. I have a skate warehouse blank in 8.25, 14”wb and fairly concave that I really dig, other than the steep ass kicks. No clue who made it. Then I have a very mellow Polar in 8.5 with a 14.5” wb. I really like the mellow kicks and square-ish shape, but the concave is so mellow I’m struggling. Pop is fantastic, pretty sure its BBS. If I could find a happy medium I’d be set.

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2021, 02:23:28 PM »
I’m wondering about all the different shops now. Wish I could find out who makes the SWH blanks. Thinking about Dwindle boards for some reason, Girl specifically because their site is so in depth with shapes.

OldCandy

• Rep: 22
  • cant shuv
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2021, 10:06:32 PM »
size 8 - 8.5

concave - dont care, mellow is better
steepness - dont care, steeper is better
wheelbase - 13-14.5
nose and tail length - the longest possible
kicks - the fattest and fullest shape only

thanks pals
Nah i skate big boards cause i got big ass feet and a big ass dick

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2021, 11:25:22 PM »
size 8 - 8.5

wheelbase - 13-14.5

thanks pals

I recall getting some Alien Workshop boards that were really good overall when standing on them, but then when I set it up, the wheelbase was shorter, so the kicks were super long so it felt all kinds of weird (and I like longer kicks too) so passed it on to someone else, who skated it to death and loved it.

Seems like more of the FA / Hockey boards are the same, I guess also the Quasi boards and a few like that, really square and steeper kicks which would be what you are into.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2021, 05:52:29 AM »
Expand Quote
size 8 - 8.5

wheelbase - 13-14.5

thanks pals
[close]

I recall getting some Alien Workshop boards that were really good overall when standing on them, but then when I set it up, the wheelbase was shorter, so the kicks were super long so it felt all kinds of weird (and I like longer kicks too) so passed it on to someone else, who skated it to death and loved it.

Seems like more of the FA / Hockey boards are the same, I guess also the Quasi boards and a few like that, really square and steeper kicks which would be what you are into.

I was running the 8.5" workshop shape a bunch a couple years ago. 14.125" WB with an overall length of 32.25" and a long, full nose and tail. They may have changed it, because someone posted their their recent alien measured shorter but these were nice and long.

FA and Quasi both tend to have short tails, though the FA/Hockey 8.18" shape has a 14" WB and a longer tail (longest of any of their shapes IIRC). Also very steep and full.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2021, 06:06:49 AM »
size 8 - 8.5

wheelbase - 13-14.5

thanks pals
I feel like my friend ran the almost shape that’s steep kicks mellow concave . Might want to check around with them