Author Topic: Jersey Shore  (Read 435 times)

mj23

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Jersey Shore
« on: April 21, 2021, 08:07:06 AM »
What’s up Slap, anyone got tips on life in coastal NJ? I grew up in the area but haven’t lived there in over 15 years. Gonna be spending 6 weeks in Ocean County soon to visit family. Most interested in Monmouth and Ocean counties, but I figured this could be a thread that includes tips on the whole region if people are interested. I’ve seen on IG there are some slappy curbs in Asbury around the Lanes and the Empress? Anything poppin in Toms River, Seaside, Brick, Lakewood, etc?

I’m also hoping to surf. Got a good 4/3 and a leaky hooded 5/4. Will I freeze in early May temps?

Shalom 🙏

animalflesh

Re: Jersey Shore
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 11:19:46 AM »
Long branch skatepark for sure

Also a great shop around the corner

You’ll probably freeze your dick off but there’s dudes out there already so it’s worth a shot

Those asbury curbs are some of the best curbs I’ve ever skated

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 10:12:19 AM »
There’s a newer park in Brick that’s alright. Sayreville park still exists although I’ve never been crazy about it. Both are right off the Garden State Pkwy.

Spunkchild

• Rep: 38
  • Big gal
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 07:55:34 AM »
theres a curb/ledge hybrid underneath the railroad bridge in Belmar NJ around the corner from the skate park, across the street from the war memorial. Lots of curbs in asbury, some good spots in Belmar, Brick skatepark, neptune skatepark, some awesome zippy hills in shark river area, like, no traffic, mountaintop river view shit.

If you wanna get weird some good stuff like crazy street transition/fun and kind of oddly small stairsets/oddly massive ones in the office developments and industrial parks in Monmouth and Ocean County
I have bad taste and I smell like fetta cheese