Author Topic: pathetic noseslide help  (Read 2160 times)

OldCandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 22
  • cant shuv
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
pathetic noseslide help
« on: April 03, 2021, 10:01:24 PM »
So i literally cannot noseslide....i can boardslide and do other grind tricks decently. Everytime i attempt a noseslide on a ledge i end up in a boardslide, ive tried ollying lower and nosestalls both still go into boardslide. Got any mental visualition tips for me?
Nah i skate big boards cause i got big ass feet and a big ass dick

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1217
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: pathetic noseslide help
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 10:31:07 PM »
Have you tried slowly riding up to the ledge perpendicular and getting into a stationary nose stall?  Once you get the aim down you can gradually come at it with more speed and at a more parallel angle and start sliding those bad boys.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 11:41:38 PM »
If the ledge is low, roll up with the front foot already on the nose and just put it on there, coming from below.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2021, 06:01:24 AM »
Just imagine you're Hjalte...

The perpendicular nosestall trick is how I learned. Jump up and stall ledges of all sizes until it becomes automatic, then slowly decrease  your angle and adjust your distance from the ledge until you find what works best for you to slide them.

Also, I always think about putting my weight on my lead foot when on the ledge, specifically my heel, which has helped me slide them. Focusing on that prevents making contact between your toe-side wheel and the obstacle and sticking.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 07:08:59 AM by Urtripping »
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1290
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2021, 08:49:55 AM »
can you do powerslides comfortably? I've always thought of noseslides as nose stalls with some speed and distributing my weight like a powerslide so I can sit on the slide comfortably.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2021, 09:11:29 AM »
This is likely bad and controversial advice but you could find a lower ledge and get comfortable doing no ollie nose slides and then some pseudo-ollie nose slides before taking them to higher ledges...

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2021, 11:06:24 AM »
You wanna think about your heelside wheel rubbing the ledge, to the point where you kinda under-rotate on the lock in. If your toe-side wheel touches you will bail

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2021, 10:34:59 AM »
This is likely bad and controversial advice but you could find a lower ledge and get comfortable doing no ollie nose slides and then some pseudo-ollie nose slides before taking them to higher ledges...

i second that. try to learn slappy noseslides and get a feel for for standing and sliding on the nose.

i can't help too much with aiming, i am bad at aiming my nose at stuff as well, but i don't have trouble getting into noseslides. maybe jump from further away so you don't go over it so much.

can you do crooked grinds? to me those tricks basically are the same, just different lock in. if you can do crooks, go from there, adjust your aim and maybe keep shoulders slightly more open. going really parallel works better for me to lock in clean than riding up at an angle, i tend to overshoot sometimes then as well.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1381
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2021, 02:47:07 PM »
Go fast and practice slappy boogerslides. More weight on front foot than you think you need as it will lock you in and lift the tail side up, allowing you to go greater distance. Speed helps
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

jimgrude

• Rep: 67
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2021, 11:52:06 PM »
Many people are suggesting slappy noseslides, and that might work well for some people, but I learned them on hip-height ledges. I still hate doing them on low ledges because I can't aim them if I can't ollie into them properly. Since you sound somewhat experienced, you might wanna try so taller ledges instead.
And remember: slap that nose onto the ledge. Don't hover over it and expect to land in the right place.

coneklr

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2021, 05:45:13 PM »
Almost be parallel to the ledge.  Ollie.  Turn 90.  Smack that shit down.  Do this barely moving and stall for until you get comfortable.  Add speed.  Enjoy

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2021, 02:34:58 PM »
I think the secret is when ollieing into it to make your board turn frontside not by moving your nose at all but only by swinging your tail to your stomach side. So that your front foot and nose stay right under you as stationary as possible and only act as the center of rotation while you bring the tail forward.

When you do it this way you don't have to worry about getting into an accidental boardslide.

MorningSesh

• Rep: 75
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2021, 05:48:11 PM »
Im working on these and Im getting some conflicted advice - should you be approaching the ledge parallel or at a slight angle?

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2021, 08:07:51 PM »
Im working on these and Im getting some conflicted advice - should you be approaching the ledge parallel or at a slight angle?

Very slight angle or parallel both work. Whats more important is making sure your momentum stays going forward, parallel to the ledge after you lock in and you don't overturn which makes your nose jam.

One reason people say parallel is better is because it helps with overturning and driving all your momentum into the ledge. Slight angle makes it a bit easier to actually get your weight onto the nose over the the ledge.

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2021, 08:09:34 PM »

Id say whatever feels most comfortable. Personally I'm usually pretty paralell, maybe angled a few degrees

MorningSesh

• Rep: 75
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2021, 08:42:56 AM »
Appreciate it, helps to know. Im getting them sliding more now which was the goal

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2021, 10:44:03 AM »
I found that parallel with some pressure on the heels just before popping (as if carving into the ledge) is when I get the longest, most consistent slides

brownjenkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2021, 12:18:58 PM »
I think the secret is when ollieing into it to make your board turn frontside not by moving your nose at all but only by swinging your tail to your stomach side. So that your front foot and nose stay right under you as stationary as possible and only act as the center of rotation while you bring the tail forward.

When you do it this way you don't have to worry about getting into an accidental boardslide.

This is what worked for me. Think about pivoting around your front truck as you rotate into it as opposed to pivoting around your back truck. It's harder to overshoot your nose this way.

Brguy

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2021, 02:49:53 AM »
I think is good to learn slow then get the speed gradually so you can get a feel for the aim.