Author Topic: Seeking advice re: DC shoe sizes  (Read 4429 times)

Eric Dolphy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
Seeking advice re: DC shoe sizes
« on: February 10, 2021, 02:19:21 AM »
DC shoe sizing is inconsistent, i find Legacy Slims in US 10 fit me well, but I've bought the new kalis jawns, the kalis lite, and the penza and had to resell them because they were too small. I've also heard that the Lukoda fit small.

I'm wondering if anyone has owned the Lynx og or the Kalis og, and can comment on the sizing, especially if you've also had any of the above.
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
Re: Seeking advice re: DC shoe sizes
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 03:34:26 AM »
I got the Kalis lite in uk10 and they just barely didn't fit

I googled it and as suggested by others on the internet I stuffed the toe box full of socks for a 24 hours. They actually fit after that

So try that
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 03:45:09 AM »
Lynx fit me true to size but kalis og run big. I’m in between sizes on kalis og 10 are too small and 10.5 feels too big. Lukodas definitely have a snug fit. I got both bronze colorways in my normal size when they came out and the brown pair felt great but the blue pair felt too snug.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2021, 03:51:06 AM »
Lynx fit me true to size but kalis og run big. I’m in between sizes on kalis og 10 are too small and 10.5 feels too big. Lukodas definitely have a snug fit. I got both bronze colorways in my normal size when they came out and the brown pair felt great but the blue pair felt too snug.
So is 10 your normal size?
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Fhk

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2021, 03:59:13 AM »
10 is my normal size in Van's and Nike sb but I have no idea what I am in DC, because it certainly isn't 10 or 10.5. Sucks because I love the way they skate. I own about 6 pairs of them and they are collecting dust because either the 10s didn't stretch or the 10.5s never broke in because I floated in them and couldn't take it.

the_oldtype

• Rep: 2
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2021, 04:36:31 AM »
I wear a 9.5 in most shoes, and a Lynx OG in that size fits fine but my Lukodas are borderline too small. Considering they have the same sole, when you hold them side by side the Lukoda is visibly smaller.

skatesum609

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2021, 04:42:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
So is 10 your normal size?

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2021, 07:12:38 AM »
Been pondering some Lynx OG lately. Haven't had them shits in forevs

skatesum609

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2021, 07:47:25 AM »
Do it! They skate so good out of the box

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2021, 08:51:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Do it! They skate so good out of the box

Yeah the last few pairs of dc I've had have been the best skating abd without the most durable shoes I've had in a long time

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2021, 09:10:39 AM »
Strange, i've bought DCs pretty much exclusively the last few years and find them very consistent in the sizing as far as length goes, but they deffo vary on the width from shoe to shoe.

I'm a 10.5 and would say that DC run TTS... the one exception would be the DC Maswell maybe feels like a quarter size bigger, but not enough for me to come down to a 10...main reason for that is the Maswell run pretty wide in the forefoot, I can actually feel the whole of the front of my foot slide sideways in them sometimes.

I haven't had a pair come up too small or big and i've had multiple pairs of Tiago S, Penza, Maswell, Legacy slim, Williams slim recently, actually got a pair of Penza, Maswell and Legacy slim under my desk as I type this lol.

In length I'm the same size across DC, Globe, Circa (RIP), Etnies, Adidas, Osiris.  I'm not sure if DC sizing may vary a bit between vulc and cupsole, I only skate cupsoles so can't really compare.

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2021, 09:59:53 AM »
My TTS for cupsoles is 9. I like snug. My experiences this past year with 9s:

Legacy Slim: Perfect
Kalis Lite: Almost too snug initially, broke in perfect.
Kalis S: Leather was perfectly snug. Suede ones I got from a pal were almost a half size longer than leather. Could be a defective pair.
Lukoda: Too snug. Wearable but wish I sized up a half. Might try sock stuffing.
Lynx OG: Toebox isn’t totally snug, but not roomy enough for me to want to size down. I’d consider them TTS.

Before TFunk was of I tried a pair of his high top and they were way too long for me, but vulcs always fit me longer than cups. Kinda weird, I bought Tony’s Proto then he leaves Lakai couple months later, Reynolds 3 then he left Emerica, and the TFunk shoe. All it took was Kalis to break this spell.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 10:35:24 AM by YungJugg »

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2021, 10:51:04 AM »
I tried DCs for little awhile and here's what I came up with: I'm a US 11, for reference.

(11) - Vulcs: TTS (Evan Smith, TFunk, Kalis vulc, Trase, Vestrey, etc.)
(11) - Lynx OG: TTS 100%
(11 but 10.5 could work) - Kalis OG: Almost TTS. Slightly long for my normal size, so some people can definitely go down half a size if they wanted it more snug
(11.5) - Maswell, Penza, Kalis S, Kalis Lite: 0.5 size small: width and length. Go up 0.5 a size.
(11.5) - Legacy Slim: 0.5 size small for me, I don't think I could have gone with my normal size like some people have.
(11.5) - Pure: 0.5 size small, though it's vulc.
(11.5) - Manteca: 0.5 size small. Go up 0.5 a size.
(11.5) - Court Graffik (lol): 0.5 size small. Go up 0.5 a size.

In summary, most modern shaped/fitting DC cupsoles run 0.5 size small, while the traditional cupsoles tend to be closer to TTS. Though, there are some exceptions to both styles of cupsoles from DC, as others have stated above me.
Super Champion Fun Zone

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2021, 11:00:57 AM »
Anyone skated the DC plaza's? Really good shoe

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2021, 05:37:57 PM »
Really appreciate all the replies in here, thanks.
Seems like there's a lot of DC fans in here, and we don't have a DC shoes containment thread, should I rename this thread and kick it off? Lmk your thoughts

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2021, 06:56:58 PM »
 majority of shoes ive had in the last two years have been DC'S

My research has come to these conclusions  ;) ::)

Lynx zero is true to size

Kalis s run a lil snug for me so I actually wore em around the house with 3 pairs of socks for a few hours
Stuffed em with socks when I took em off..
And Yes I thought it was a ridiculous thing to do but it seems to have done the trick

Penzas run small
Kalis light full size up
Legacy slim smallish. 1/2 size up
Og lynx a lil small
Plaza TC tts

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2021, 04:34:47 AM »
Kalis lite in my true size fits me tight so I recommended people go up half a size. The kalis OG: the toe has a point that sticks out from my big toe so they also fit me kind of small but I still get really bad heel slip with those, I’ve only skated mine like once because of the heel slip.
Penza are def small and need a half size up for a good fit for me.
Lynx OG fits me perfect in my true size, not small like Penza kalis lite and kalis OG.
Legacy slim also fit me well in my true size.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

eSK3

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2021, 06:38:16 AM »
OG Lynx a half size down if you plan on skating them. As chillers buy them true to size.

al_cvbrera

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2021, 04:06:34 PM »
I tried DCs for little awhile and here's what I came up with: I'm a US 11, for reference.

(11 but 10.5 could work) - Kalis OG: Almost TTS. Slightly long for my normal size, so some people can definitely go down half a size if they wanted it more snug
(11.5) - Maswell, Penza, Kalis S, Kalis Lite: 0.5 size small: width and length. Go up 0.5 a size.
(11.5) - Legacy Slim: 0.5 size small for me, I don't think I could have gone with my normal size like some people have.

In summary, most modern shaped/fitting DC cupsoles run 0.5 size small, while the traditional cupsoles tend to be closer to TTS. Though, there are some exceptions to both styles of cupsoles from DC, as others have stated above me.
up

just got my pair of kalis s’s. i went TTS and holy hell, do they fit small. I wish i seen this post before i ordered em. they looked oddly tiny when i took them out of the box… i put an extra insole in them on top of the one it already came with and stuffed them with shoe paper. leaving them like that until i decide to wear them. hopefully they’ll stretch out. its a sick looking shoe so i’ll def be sure to half size up next time.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2023, 03:16:26 AM »

I'll bump this.
I have Williams Slim which oddly to me are 1/2 size bigger than my typical shoe.
Wanted to cop a pair of LYNX OG and I'm glad I followed advice on this thread. Ordered my size and they fit as they should!

Pastasash

• Rep: 73
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2023, 06:10:07 AM »
Im a size 10 and I've only skated the OG DCs so IMO Kalis OG and OG Lynx are TTS, have had multiple pairs all fit very well for me.

Lukoda is known to run small so always get half size up for skating. The Clocker 2 also is TTS length wise but does fit pretty narrow around the sides by the toes, doesn't feel too bad after wearing/skating them for a bit but can be a bit harder to get used to compared to their other OG re-releases. 

pops

• Rep: 234
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2023, 11:32:56 AM »
Only skated Legacy Slims few years back and they were snuggish in my usual size, could've gone .5 size up. Recently got Metrics Shanahans and they're .5 size up.