Author Topic: Pros with the longest stalled inverts/handplants  (Read 3317 times)

Deputy Wendell

Re: Pros with the longest stalled inverts/handplants
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2021, 10:55:31 AM »
https://youtu.be/8l2lTuBzb1w

incredible footage that makes me also want to change the conversation to consider how the fuck someone gets their back foot so firmly placed back onto the board when doing fast-plants, that they become method airs (or are they called "grassers" now...i lose track)?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2021, 06:25:28 PM »
Blender, Lance, Grosso, Phillips

Schneer (hoho master/nosepicks), Ffej (when he wanted to).

Top prize goes to Blender tho, for sure.

winkowski these days.

Chickenbonenowitsgone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2021, 11:21:59 PM »
/

Caption says eggplant but kinda looks like an overturned fs invert. I feel like I remember Grosso saying Neil didn’t do eggs
"I could get Steven Greer to show me his asshole for 75$" - Henry Zebrowski

fernando the skater

• Rep: 88
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2021, 12:27:50 AM »

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2021, 01:53:52 AM »
it was Blender who made it a thing to stall inverts/handplants as long as possible...he was the first to talk about it like it was a significant part of skating and he was the first to make talking during handplants a thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os5kmK-QXW8

i am so glad someone has this footage from that contest (Sacto vert) up on youtube...Neil Blender in one of his brightest primes...just destroying limits (edit: it looks like his arm is doing something it should not do in that one invert they keep repeating)

ps: motherfucking backside ollie up the extension to 50-50 (00:47)...absolutely lightyears ahead of people

pps: Gonz too...one of the reasons Max Schaaf said that Gonz does all of his favorite tricks on vert (in his Epicly Later'd)...eggplants for days...you can tell just by looking at those straight-ass arms that these were stalled forever

Fuck never seen that Blender footage. And what the fuck is that over stall thing? Looks like it breaks physics!

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2021, 01:55:13 AM »

that is a pretty long handplant if you ask me.
major shoutouts to mastermind Bread Harrity

quaintly

• Rep: 10
Re: Pros with the most stalled inverts/handplants
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2021, 04:28:40 AM »
Steve Schneer.....

first name i thought, upon seeing this thread ..RIP.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74

donkey

• Rep: -65
  • donk
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2021, 07:06:37 AM »
had the pleasure the other day to skate my local with the local legend Rodney Mead. dude has a mean invert and one of the best sad plants i've ever seen, all while doing it in my park's 12ft. bowl section. super enjoyable to watch

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2021, 08:02:43 AM »
Expand Quote
it was Blender who made it a thing to stall inverts/handplants as long as possible...he was the first to talk about it like it was a significant part of skating and he was the first to make talking during handplants a thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os5kmK-QXW8

i am so glad someone has this footage from that contest (Sacto vert) up on youtube...Neil Blender in one of his brightest primes...just destroying limits (edit: it looks like his arm is doing something it should not do in that one invert they keep repeating)

ps: motherfucking backside ollie up the extension to 50-50 (00:47)...absolutely lightyears ahead of people

pps: Gonz too...one of the reasons Max Schaaf said that Gonz does all of his favorite tricks on vert (in his Epicly Later'd)...eggplants for days...you can tell just by looking at those straight-ass arms that these were stalled forever

[close]

Fuck never seen that Blender footage. And what the fuck is that over stall thing? Looks like it breaks physics!

yeah, in that one invert he does that they keep replaying in that clip, it honestly looks like his shoulder pops out of the socket or something.

and i agree with people in here, that Erick Winkowski is definitely doing his part to keep the tradition alive...

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2021, 08:09:44 AM »
Expand Quote
/

[close]
Caption says eggplant but kinda looks like an overturned fs invert. I feel like I remember Grosso saying Neil didn’t do eggs

I was thinking tweaked Good Buddy, he had the all-time best ones.
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2021, 09:21:04 AM »
Billy Ruff

https://youtu.be/aTUmIonsFEk

at 2.10

Damn, that was sick! Ruff had a good style too - I kind of slept on him because he wasn't in any of the videos I saw as a kid. Is that Gonz's goofy YouTube channel?

I hadn't heard about that Lindloff guy but he's got nice ones. All the 80's guys had good ones: Blender, Grosso, Lance, Tony, Phillips, etc.

Winkowski's are still gross to me. He's not grabbing before the transition anymore but he still in this low knuckle dragging stance the whole way up in a way that none of the aforementioned guys did. Impressive stall though.

Skimper

• Rep: -64
Shalom

fernando the skater

• Rep: 88
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2021, 03:20:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Billy Ruff

at 2.10
[close]

Damn, that was sick! Ruff had a good style too - I kind of slept on him because he wasn't in any of the videos I saw as a kid. Is that Gonz's goofy YouTube channel?

I think Billy Ruff was winning contests and placing high around 83/84 before Hawk and Hosoi took over. Was still around in 86-88 when skating really became big again, but wasn't one of the true top guys.

Yes, It's one of Gonz's Youtube videos. Mark talks about how smooth Ruff was in the Natas documentary that's on Youtube, he was trying to skate like Billy Ruff but when he saw Natas skate he had a lot more aggression in his skating.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2021, 03:51:04 AM »
I swear that i remember in the 80’s Lance had the world record for longest held hand plant.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2021, 05:59:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Billy Ruff

at 2.10
[close]

I hadn't heard about that Lindloff guy but he's got nice ones. All the 80's guys had good ones: Blender, Grosso, Lance, Tony, Phillips, etc.

Winkowski's are still gross to me. He's not grabbing before the transition anymore but he still in this low knuckle dragging stance the whole way up in a way that none of the aforementioned guys did. Impressive stall though.

i can't disagree with any of this--as i say above, he is carrying on the tradition, but you're right, it pales in comparison. i wonder if part of that is that Winkowksi does not wear pads and that fucks with the kind of confidence pads provide (unless we're talking about Clay Kreiner, who simply seems not give a fuck)? or because he's not "classically trained" on vert (i'm half joking on that last one, i just think that's a fun designation and wanted to say it out loud)?

i didn't watch that Berrics shit...how the fuck do they make a video about an invert on a comparatively small quarter last almost 5 minutes? i went to open it, and the first thing is some boob with his arms out saying god knows what...how many kooks are babbling in front of the camera before the actual invert goes down?

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2021, 01:47:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
/

[close]
[close]

I stand corrected! Nice find on the sig, Wendell. So sick!

Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2021, 04:48:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
/

[close]
[close]

[close]

I stand corrected! Nice find on the sig, Wendell. So sick!

cheers complete...the gif in my sig is truly obnoxious in length, yours is more reasonable.  but that line is so fucking sick i felt like i needed it all

and what the fuck is he doing there? it doesn't look like a regular egg, nor does it look like a regular frontside invert...