Author Topic: Have you had issues with having a red top?  (Read 5286 times)

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1434
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: Have you had issues with having a red top?
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2021, 06:45:33 AM »
on the topic of bic lighters, red ones always break after 5 min for me. i have a ton of red disfunctional bic lighters lying around. again, my best experiences here are with purple, black and orange. i'm on clipper lighters rn tho and their matte colors are a whole different ball game that i still have to make my mind up about.

i agree white lighters are sus... i never see them around, only at the corner store display. there's a certain kind of blue that weirds me out, it's in between royal blue and navy, those lighters always look fake for some reason or photoshopped into reality.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2021, 08:53:10 AM »
on the topic of bic lighters, red ones always break after 5 min for me. i have a ton of red disfunctional bic lighters lying around. again, my best experiences here are with purple, black and orange. i'm on clipper lighters rn tho and their matte colors are a whole different ball game that i still have to make my mind up about.

i agree white lighters are sus... i never see them around, only at the corner store display. there's a certain kind of blue that weirds me out, it's in between royal blue and navy, those lighters always look fake for some reason or photoshopped into reality.
lots if not most bic lighters have a different colour underneath the wrapper.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1434
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2021, 10:43:53 AM »
this is the reason i never buy them, i don't trust them. i only go for the solid ones without a wrapper.

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2021, 11:09:38 AM »
I never had a red top I think so I can't answer, my preference is for brown stained.

wigwam_24

• Rep: 24
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2021, 01:11:19 PM »
Genuinely thought this was a thread for gingers being bummed out on having red hair...
My hass is out

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1150
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2021, 09:34:37 AM »
I've also heard white lighters are bad luck and a lot of those wrapped lighters are white under the sheathing.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 649
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2021, 10:23:36 AM »
Bauhaus members studied primary colors and shapes extensively and assigned them to each other on the basis of certain characteristics.
The artist and Bauhaus teacher Wassily Kandinsky, who was prominently represented in the early documenta exhibitions, is regarded as the founder of these color-shape associations, which he tested with his students. Today, the yellow triangle, the blue circle, and the red square are unmistakably connected to the Bauhaus.

Shoutout to yellow triangles.
IG: @flowterspace