Author Topic: Prefab Sprout  (Read 320 times)

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
Prefab Sprout
« on: November 23, 2023, 11:14:36 PM »
Anyone else here into Prefab Sprout? I'm kind of surprised that there are so few videos using Prefab Sprout – maybe it is too Pop. I don't know.

Anyways, i'm a huge fan of the Steve McQueen ("Two wheels good" in the US) album. Especially "Desire as" has a special place, the lyrics hit so hard

lately i'm all over the "I trawled the Megahertz" album, absolutely love the Robert Ashley - Private parts reference here.

What's your favorite?

linty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 36
Re: Prefab Sprout
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2023, 05:25:39 AM »
A band I didn't get into before my mid 30s, but now it's in my top 5 of all time. Steve McQueen's the best but I have a soft spot for From Langley Park to Memphis.

Rebel Land could fit well in an edit.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2023, 08:13:58 AM »
A band I didn't get into before my mid 30s, but now it's in my top 5 of all time. Steve McQueen's the best but I have a soft spot for From Langley Park to Memphis.

Rebel Land could fit well in an edit.
Same here. Didn’t like it one bit, when i was younger.  Now it’s on regular rotation.

From Langley Park to Memphis is Oneida the records I don’t listen that often, but that is mostly due to the fact that I can only listen to it digitally and I usually only listen to digital version, when I’m at work or outside the house. Need to get me a copy

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 92
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2023, 06:49:11 AM »
Listened a bunch to the I Trawled the Megahertz album, really like the concept and overall feel of that one.

Not delved much into the poppy stuff, to be honest.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2023, 10:46:03 AM »
Listened a bunch to the I Trawled the Megahertz album, really like the concept and overall feel of that one.

Depending on what you are usually listening to, i understand, what you are coming from. Plus the songs take a couple of spins to really sink in. But after that period, the pop albums are incredible.
Beach Boys level of incredible in terms of pop songs

pedro_mayn

• 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2023, 07:17:51 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Depending on what you are usually listening to, i understand, what you are coming from. Plus the songs take a couple of spins to really sink in. But after that period, the pop albums are incredible.

I did watch a Old Grey Whistle Test performance of theirs the other day as it came up on a random Youtube mix my drunken self stumbled upon, don't know what song it was but it was pretty decent. I'm not anti-pop by any means or nowt, so I'll definitely delve into it once I'm feeling less heavy stuff at the moment haha.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2023, 09:05:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I did watch a Old Grey Whistle Test performance of theirs the other day as it came up on a random Youtube mix my drunken self stumbled upon, don't know what song it was but it was pretty decent. I'm not anti-pop by any means or nowt, so I'll definitely delve into it once I'm feeling less heavy stuff at the moment haha.

Every band has its time in your life. Definitely feel that one. No need to force anything. Just saying, if you are up for incredibly good pop songs Prefab Sprout is there waiting for you

linty

• Rep: 36
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2023, 03:50:58 AM »
NTS has an in focus episode on Prefab Sprout atm. I'm jamming to it all misty-eyed at home.

https://www.nts.live/shows/in-focus

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2023, 05:03:54 AM »
NTS has an in focus episode on Prefab Sprout atm. I'm jamming to it all misty-eyed at home.

https://www.nts.live/shows/in-focus

Oh cool

pedro_mayn

• 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2024, 01:44:45 AM »
Well, come back here to do a classic 'bump' to say how Steve McQueen has stepped into my 'go back and listen loads' realm.

What a fine album.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2024, 01:57:27 AM »

banger
check my music

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 705
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2024, 02:12:08 AM »
Wow. I thought I was a nerd, it's humbling to say I've never heard this before. Thank you and good looking out.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2024, 03:17:09 AM »
This is my Prefab Sprout jam in the past weeks
So fucking good. Paddy is a genius