Author Topic: Ankle Destruction  (Read 4812 times)

anklebuster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
Ankle Destruction
« on: May 05, 2021, 03:19:59 PM »
I'm an older-ish (early 30s) skater coming back to it after many years and seem to be constantly either spraining (swelling, bruising, out of the game for a bit) or just tweaking (no swelling but should take it easy for a few days) my ankles. I've had two major sprains this year and probably 5 or 6 "tweaks". Anyone else suffer from persistent ankle twisting? Is it just something that happens to some folks?

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 763
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Ankle Destruction
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 07:47:56 PM »
rest enough, exercise for both strength and agility, switch up skate/ sport shoes with shoes with flat sole (ie no arch support). Ride a bike or even better, ride your bike to the spot to warm yr muscles up.
also,
make sure your skateshoes have a good supportive ankle cup that locks your foot in. Tie your laces. Floss

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 07:49:00 PM »
Hi-tops

I wore DC Manteca’s, Lakai Telford’s and Nike Dunks for 10 years after I broke my leg. I may have relied on hitops for too long but I never sprained my ankle and now I barely have arthritis in my broken leg.

I now buy es silos and feel real secure skateboarding in them.

Always wear cup soles that you can tie securely with very little play.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 10:06:42 PM »
Ice your shit, use an ankle brace, stretch. That's what i do

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 10:43:20 PM »
Ice your shit, use an ankle brace, stretch. That's what i do

Look up drkylebrown on IG and go his ankle rehab / strengthening exercises. Get proper insoles (athletic ones, not FP) that correct your foot arch; a collapsed arch can lead to weak ankle, knee and hip pains.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Skatebeard

• Rep: 129
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2021, 12:23:12 AM »
36 here, been back skating properly for 18 months.

I've had 4 ankle rolls in that time, one bad one, and three grade 1s. Three on one foot and one on the other.

I actually just rolled my ankle again this past weekend on a fakie varial heel... I have very flat feet and pretty lax ligaments in my ankles because of this, so I guess I am pretty prone to rolling them based on the last year and a bit.

The key thing with them is rehab, and staying off the board.. for a grade 1 you should ideally not skate for 2 weeks (assuming no ligament tears), extend that up to 4-6+ weeks for anything worse, when i tore a ligament on the inside of my ankle (the bad roll), I didn't start doing tricks until 8 weeks post injury, and it took another 8 or so weeks to feel normal after that.

Buy a wobble board, do proprioceptive (sp?) exercises twice a day, bit of resistance band work at lunchtime, and trace the alphabet and/or do foot circles at intervals through the day to keep everything moving... scale it all up gradually.

I've also started drilling one leg balancing with my eyes closed (start this on the good leg first, and intro it to your injured one once you can comfortably balance on it eyes open)... aiming to get to 1 minute for both legs, but i'm on 18 seconds on the good leg at the moment.

I saw my sports physio yesterday, he strongly recommended wearing ankle braces for skating, if you've got a history of sprains...doesn't have to be anything too hardcore, even the sock type ones with two crossed elastic straps will help. His opinion is that you can do all the strengthening exercises in the world, but if you fall/land wrong, you're rolling your ankle regardless, so some extra protection won't hurt.

This is the type I am using from now on, enough flexibility for flip tricks whilst giving you a bit of extra protection in a roll, might turn a grade 2 or 3 into a grade 1-

As far as gear, I skate in mids, laced tight (adidas Tyshawn), with remind insoles. I skated FP Gamechangers for about 6 months but had two ankle rolls while using them, you want to avoid any insole that sits your foot too high in the shoe.

I skate pure flatground about 7 hours a week and seem to average about 4 months between rolls, hoping that skating in braces now will extend that out.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 12:30:42 AM by Skatebeard »

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2021, 08:37:08 AM »

As far as gear, I skate in mids, laced tight (adidas Tyshawn), with remind insoles. I skated FP Gamechangers for about 6 months but had two ankle rolls while using them, you want to avoid any insole that sits your foot too high in the shoe.

Ditto on a good lace up or velcro ankle brace, the purely elastic ones are good for compression but terrible for support.

Sports insoles are a lifesaver, especially if you have flat feet. In the 2 years I've been bad I've probably had 1 bad sprain (2 weeks down) and the rest were very minor, 10 minutes and I was back at it, or at worst 1 day and I was back on.

Elastic bands to strengthen the tendons / muscles are important. As we get older, what we do off our board makes a big impact to how well we perform / how much fun we have. Like any other sports, what you do in the off season determines how you will do during the playoffs.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Vitriol

• Rep: 36
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2021, 12:37:35 PM »
Similar history. Sucks. Majorly.

What really works is :

- Hi-tops laced tight to the point where you feel they restrict a bit of ankle mobility (yeah, sorry to be honest here, but you can't have protection and mobility...). Only shoes that do it while still maintaining decent board feel are dunk hi's... yeah i know... Tyshawns aren't high enough. Blazers aren't stiff enough up top. Vans hi-tops are worse. Converse i didn't bother.

- As for the brace, i got the one that Creager uses, with laces. The brand is ETC. TSG makes the same model. Removes the general twist axis. Not ideal but some people skate awesome with prosthetics so...

- Bigger setup >=8.5" : better chances to land on it.

- As little shoves / flips as possible. Way better chances to land safely on your deck if you ain't flinging it wherever in the air. Be very careful when trying new stuff : is it worth it? (i.e. in a game of skate...)

- Tranny is the way to go, enough and you start to get confident on bigger stuff. A whole new world of (safer) fun.

* Only thing i'm not 100% certain is trucks tightness.
Personally, i went the too loose way : if you land a foot half on the edge, the board might lean your way. With tight trucks it won't. But there are a lot of criteria to cover here, it really depends on the scenario (and your preferences).

All of this allowed me to step out of the spiral of more and more frequent sprains. Won't ever be a fail safe approach, but still much better than constantly hurting/fearing/getting bored and fatter.

The shoes are extra pricey, the brace is steep, but the good news is you got a board that'll last super long, and the same goes for your wheels. Just shift your budget in this direction. No real choice anyway.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2021, 02:23:46 PM »
Wide and stable shoes that are low to the ground. If the shoe is narrow and not supportive/stable in the back you're way more likely to roll your ankle. Matters much more than whether they're high tops or not imo.

Jordan 1s, dunks, nb440s do the job for me. I'm sure there's other options that work too.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2021, 04:18:35 PM »
take a break from the board for longer than you think is needed. seriously, let it rest.

do strengthening exercises for not only the ankles, but also the hip flexors, knees, and low back. lunges, 1 legged squats onto a chair, monster walks, heel dip/raises. ice 2x day even if you think you don't need, it makes a difference. 1 leg balance with eyes closed on a stack of pillows.

Also, getting GOOD bodywork is incredibly helpful in working with the fascia (the stuff that is supposed to hold muscles and ligaments in place) and getting it back to a place of non-creep-less stretched. all the other areas of the body supported by the feet/ankle (everything starts down there) are going to need help getting back to baseline.

good luck mane
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

loftie.1

• Rep: 3
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2021, 10:17:30 PM »
Is it just something that happens to some folks?

When I got back into skating, I was fit, but I hadn't used the muscles in a while ( what ever muscles are in the feet,leg,everywhere basically). After about a month the pain,tweaks went a way. I think you gotta brake into your skating for a bit, your body isn't used to the impacts- if you were off for a bit.

I know you already know this, but stretch before and after sessions. If you're a big boy, maybe lose some weight too.

anklebuster

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2021, 08:48:48 AM »
thanks for the advice and for sharing your experiences everyone. really appreciate it!

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2021, 02:52:16 PM »
Some other underlying things to consider: keeping weight off, some sort of cross training ie jumping rope, rolled ankles can sneak up on you, but it's also managing situations where you might roll them ie. when you're tired or just getting lazy kicking out.  Warming up....

Just trying to safely be on my board regularly helped me a lot along with the right footwear.   sports orthotics and trying on shoes, standing over your outside foot to see how stable they are......

It's a bunch of money but seeing through a physio plan.  Your ankles are now mildly fucked...if you get with the program now you can skate for a long time. 

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2021, 08:44:30 AM »
does anyone have a timeframe for the healing of an ankle? I rolled mine in late February, and it’s still in pain. not a great deal of pain like it was for the first month, but I still should definitely not be skating. it’s been almost 3 months. I’ve heard it can be anywhere from 4-6 months to fully heal. any experience with this?
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2021, 12:44:04 PM »
Has an early 30 that got back into it last year when they took down all the rims at the basketball courts near me I've found that the ankle braces that a lot of basketball players wear and wearing high tops definitely helped

Skatebeard

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2021, 01:05:22 AM »
does anyone have a timeframe for the healing of an ankle? I rolled mine in late February, and it’s still in pain. not a great deal of pain like it was for the first month, but I still should definitely not be skating. it’s been almost 3 months. I’ve heard it can be anywhere from 4-6 months to fully heal. any experience with this?

massively open ended, I had a grade one sprain back in December that took a good 3 months to not feel tweaky in some way... I pretty much just got to that point where it felt fully OK, then rolled it again 10 days ago.

Had it checked over and all 4 main ligaments are intact, and the minor swelling/bruising has gone down, but I can already tell it's gonna be another 2 or 3 months before its pain free... went out for a roll around yesterday and tried a nollie shuv, it wasn't a fan.

Manuals only for a few weeks I think.

You pretty much just have to see how it goes, and keep on top of exercises and physio.. it will eventually get better and stop hurting, but it does at times feel like it never will.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2021, 02:05:25 AM »
Has an early 30 that got back into it last year when they took down all the rims at the basketball courts near me I've found that the ankle braces that a lot of basketball players wear and wearing high tops definitely helped

I need new ankle braces. Could anyone might give me some tips? And how likely is it to roll a ankle wearing high top shoes?

The combination of footprint orthotics and ankle braces make it a bit hard to find a good shoe. I am a 7.5 in most and I need my shoes snug for my last few remaining flip tricks.

And I start to think, that these footprint orthotic insoles do more harm then doing good, since the foot sits a bit higher in the shoe. Not sure about that tho.
IG: @flowterspace

Skatebeard

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2021, 02:22:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I need new ankle braces. Could anyone might give me some tips? And how likely is it to roll a ankle wearing high top shoes?

The combination of footprint orthotics and ankle braces make it a bit hard to find a good shoe. I am a 7.5 in most and I need my shoes snug for my last few remaining flip tricks.

And I start to think, that these footprint orthotic insoles do more harm then doing good, since the foot sits a bit higher in the shoe. Not sure about that tho.

I ditched the FP gamechangers for that exact reason - my two worst ankle rolls were while using them. They raise your heel 9mm in a shoe...compared to 3mm with standard factory insoles.

I switched to Remind Destins, which I find a lot less "tippy" and feel like i'm standing in them, rather than on them.

That said, my last ankle roll was in the Destins, to a point I think it's gonna happen if it's gonna happen, regardless of shoe/insole etc.

I was also skating mid Tyshawns at the time-

I only have my extremely lax ankle ligaments to thank for not tearing my ATFL on this one. Was trying fakie varial heels and my back foot landed on the tail with the board already on the floor, deck bounced out from under my foot with it at this angle and it was curtains... 100% operator error and i should have aborted the trick beforehand but I was pretty desperate to get a new learn that day so was clawing for a land that I should have kicked away.

Have ordered some high top DCs to try out, i've heard they're not much cop at preventing ankle rolls when push comes to shove, but the extra ankle support might at least be a good psychological boost.

I'm trying out skating around in the brace i posted above, but to be honest I can see going back to not wearing one when my ankle is better... they're bulky and distracting, and unless your ankle is totally shot to pieces, I don't think you would prevent a roll unless you went with a super supportive and stiff one (swede-o ankle lok or similar- which is like trying to skate with your foot in a cast).

If it helps anyone, this i my current daily ankle routine, started this a few days after my sprain when i could more or less walk around, scaled up to this stage gradually over the last week-

Early AM-
20x clockwise ankle rotations
20x anti-clockwise ankle rotations
A-Z trace x2 sets
Wobble board x5 mins (1 min tip left/right, 1 min tip front/back, 1 min clockwise rotation, 1 min anti-clockwise rotation, 1 min single leg balance with 30 secs tip front/back and 30 secs single leg squat)
calf raises x10

Mid morning-
5x laps of lounge walking heel/toe
1 min single leg balance on cushion

Lunchtime
20x ankle rotations clockwise and anti clockwise
1x set A-Z trace
exercise band set 20 ankle eversion
exercise band set 20 ankle inversion
exercise band set 20 towards body
exercise band set 20 away from body

Mid afternoon-

Early evening-
A-Z trace x2 sets
Wobble board x5 mins (1 min tip left/right, 1 min tip front/back, 1 min clockwise rotation, 1 min anti-clockwise rotation, 1 min single leg balance with 30 secs tip front/back and 30 secs single leg squat)
calf raises x10

« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 03:01:37 AM by Skatebeard »

anklebuster

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2021, 08:00:02 AM »
something else to look out for which can feel like it is still a sprain but is actually a by-product of the sprain (or rather, multiple sprains) is anterior ankle impingement: scar tissue that prevents you from dorsiflexing as much as you usually can. when you pinch the scar tissue (by landing too dorsiflexed) your ankle will feel as though it's still sprained. had that on my last sprain and it long outlived the sprain itself it seems like. I've done some physio to treat it and it's not too bad now.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2021, 09:50:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I ditched the FP gamechangers for that exact reason - my two worst ankle rolls were while using them. They raise your heel 9mm in a shoe...compared to 3mm with standard factory insoles.

I switched to Remind Destins, which I find a lot less "tippy" and feel like i'm standing in them, rather than on them.

That said, my last ankle roll was in the Destins, to a point I think it's gonna happen if it's gonna happen, regardless of shoe/insole etc.

I only have my extremely lax ankle ligaments to thank for not tearing my ATFL on this one. Was trying fakie varial heels and my back foot landed on the tail with the board already on the floor, deck bounced out from under my foot with it at this angle and it was curtains... 100% operator error and i should have aborted the trick beforehand but I was pretty desperate to get a new learn that day so was clawing for a land that I should have kicked away.

Have ordered some high top DCs to try out, i've heard they're not much cop at preventing ankle rolls when push comes to shove, but the extra ankle support might at least be a good psychological boost.

I'm trying out skating around in the brace i posted above, but to be honest I can see going back to not wearing one when my ankle is better... they're bulky and distracting, and unless your ankle is totally shot to pieces, I don't think you would prevent a roll unless you went with a super supportive and stiff one (swede-o ankle lok or similar- which is like trying to skate with your foot in a cast).

If it helps anyone, this i my current daily ankle routine, started this a few days after my sprain when i could more or less walk around, scaled up to this stage gradually over the last week-

Early AM-
A-Z trace x2 sets
calf raises x10

Mid morning-

Lunchtime
1x set A-Z trace

Mid afternoon-

Early evening-
A-Z trace x2 sets
calf raises x10

that exercise routine is similar to what I've built up to since January, when I was booted and on crutches. The foot/ankle is still stiff and sore, weaker than before, but the rest of my knee/leg/hip complex is far stronger thanks to the exercises. I think 1 foot squats and monster walks with a band are also crucial. Whats more, I think it's crucial to do these exercises on BOTH sides to help develop even strength.

As for insoles, I had a gnarly arch injury a decade ago. Straight tore the arch of my R foot, was laid up for a long time, boot, crutches, etc. I'd had a custom orthotic made but if nothing else it made things worse. Best thing I ever did was to walk barefoot as much as possible. It was a challenge at first, but by learning to distribute weight equally throughout the foot, it got much stronger. I also wore Crocs slip on clogs for a hot minute because they allowed my swollen feet to be swollen without more pressure being applied from the confinement of a shoe. this time around, 5 months out, every pair of sneakers I put on are still feeling too tight, no matter how much I ice, so unless I'm skating, I'm wearing flip flops. 

Last, for all y'all dealing with this, if possible, go see a body worker knowledgeable of fascia and trigger points, and have them work that ankle, leg, etc. It's going to make huge differences.

something else to look out for which can feel like it is still a sprain but is actually a by-product of the sprain (or rather, multiple sprains) is anterior ankle impingement: scar tissue that prevents you from dorsiflexing as much as you usually can. when you pinch the scar tissue (by landing too dorsiflexed) your ankle will feel as though it's still sprained. had that on my last sprain and it long outlived the sprain itself it seems like. I've done some physio to treat it and it's not too bad now.

that shit sucks. I had a spot on the lateral edge of the talus that, if even touched, screamed in pain, like I was being poked with a needle. Body work was essential.

this is where I was at one January 13, 2 days after I slipped of a sidewalk

If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2021, 10:25:41 PM »
I've rolled my shit three times in the last two months. I wear pointy shoes (CONS L.L.s). Once I was feeling dizzy from new meds but tried to skate anyways, the second, I didn't sleep well the night before, and the third was from warm up and minor but I was basically done.

Been skating in a wrap lately which has helped, might have to get some hightops, and a better brace tho. Might even do the Kyle Brown regimen.

Thanks to all the slappers with the good info!!!
The chillest1

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2021, 10:57:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Early AM-
A-Z trace x2 sets
calf raises x10

Mid morning-

Lunchtime
1x set A-Z trace

Mid afternoon-

Early evening-
A-Z trace x2 sets
calf raises x10

In regards of changing insoles, I don't think tyshawns are the ones to do it. Adidas insoles tend to be minimal in cupsoles, the shoe has a lot of support by itself. I try to use fp orthotics when I can( I have them in dunks and blazers right now), but my last 3 pairs of adidas didn't need them or were too high to use them(copa nationale, 3st.004, liberty cup).

Grim Deeds

• Rep: 11
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2021, 09:27:44 PM »
I've got a very unstable right ankle after many sprains and torn ligaments (and no surgery). It doesn't cause me pain and I've managed to strengthen the surrounding muscles to the point where I don't feel the need to wear an ankle brace when I walk around anymore (thank god). But I do need to wear a rigid brace for skating. The front foot is just too weak to do any "real skating" other than my daily slalom around the cul de sac. I have tried many and the best, simplest one I can recommend is the Active Ankle T2. It's the best in terms of being really simple to take on/off (only one big velcro strap that works very well) and also in terms of maximum protection. Not very comfortable to wear but not distractingly uncomfortable once you get used to it. I'm also trying out the newest Active Ankle model soon - it's like an upgraded T2 that looks more comfortable and tapers more at the foot to fit in a shoe without turning your foot into a Frankenstein boot.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2021, 02:08:02 AM »
I tried a wallie at a straight wall, after 10 tries I felt comfortable and stayed over my board. When I landed, my front foot was a bit too much on the side and toes touched the ground and I rolled my ankle. I think my ankle brace prevented a more serious injury, but still a bummer.

I think I will stay away from wallies at straight walls now, they feel more like luck to me then anything else. So back to ice baths and xbox for a while. I will be online here ALL THE TIME ^^

Stay safe pals and don't forget to stretch and properly warm up before before ya all try something difficult.
IG: @flowterspace

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2021, 10:50:44 AM »
yo fuck wallrides, i tuned my ankle on one yesterday. not doing that again for a long ass time. just came off the wall primo and over compressed my ankle as a result.

i am gonna start doing mad skipping to get my ankle strength up - i heard WADE does this . there is also this bomb ass stair excersise
my physiotherapst told me do Alphabet Letters with your ankle too.

not skating any skatepark til July and really all i want to do is just 5050 curbs and push til then maybe some switch ollie practice too. really want to focus on filming my friend since i have lots of clips already and he hardly has any for our vid
ONTARIO CANADA

skunty

• Rep: 68
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2021, 11:09:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Early AM-
A-Z trace x2 sets
calf raises x10

Mid morning-

Lunchtime
1x set A-Z trace

Mid afternoon-

Early evening-
A-Z trace x2 sets
calf raises x10
[close]

In regards of changing insoles, I don't think tyshawns are the ones to do it. Adidas insoles tend to be minimal in cupsoles, the shoe has a lot of support by itself. I try to use fp orthotics when I can( I have them in dunks and blazers right now), but my last 3 pairs of adidas didn't need them or were too high to use them(copa nationale, 3st.004, liberty cup).

I can personally attest that Tyshawn's are a good choice for an old busted foot/ankle, and the insoles are fairly substantial (not as good as FP though). Overall the shoe has a lot of padding, smooth ass sock liner, and mid top provides solid ankle support (especially if you know how to use the heel lock lace eyelets, you can google it if you dont). Along with the decent insole, I think the outsole is just made of some good rubber that moves well and feels good.

Over the last few years my feet/ankle strength has upgraded and now I can wear smaller shoes again and I've been in love with my vans era pros, and would definitely say their ultra cush or whatever insoles are great for old feet.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2021, 06:58:35 AM »
im pretty sure my physio therapist told me straight up circles are bad - but the letters are really good and up and down is really good

btw anyone ever fucked with CBD Cream before? I gotta say... i was super skeptical. But i put like a tiny bit on this morning and the shit actually works. I really dont wnat to believe this is actually doing something...  lol i am convinced this is placebo but idk .  i get pressure in my ankle when i am driving and its seriously gone. i feel like i can feel the insides of my ankles moving around which is so weird lol it kinda hurt for a second but it actually feels fine now and that pressure is gone . the pressure normally feels like a pocket of air is in there.
ONTARIO CANADA

Skatebeard

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2021, 08:35:23 AM »
I tried it and tbh didn't notice much of a difference, left my skin feeling super soft though, and smelt pretty good.

I somewhat put this down to the decent concentrations not being available in the UK.. maybe the stronger stuff works better.

Since my last post I went out and got a Bosu style balance ball, it's definitely kicked the rehab up a notch. I've been able to skate OK the last couple weeks, but flicking in certain directions and some awkward landings are still a bit of a no-go, so i'm forcing myself to take another week or two off.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2021, 11:49:54 AM »
smells amazing. the stuff ihave is a very high concentration - you have to be 19 to buy it in canada lol
i really wish i understood what it was doing / whne i sohuld be putting it on though. i am just putting some on each morning not necessarily before or after skating or anything.
ONTARIO CANADA

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2021, 02:39:07 PM »
What's the brand Rawb?