Author Topic: North carolina triangle area  (Read 931 times)

skateborter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
North carolina triangle area
« on: May 06, 2021, 06:41:01 AM »
Have been skating my local for so long. I wonder if there are any good street spots in reasonable distance to me

Poop Drunx

• Rep: 2
Re: North carolina triangle area
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 06:50:30 AM »
I doubt this is very helpful but here's a list of the few spots I know of in downtown Raleigh

marble ledge that gradually gets taller + spots all around building (126 S Salisbury St., part of Wells Fargo building) -I've only been on weekends and it's never been a bust but I'm not sure about weekdays

nice stone ledges + handrails (301 Fayetteville St, right across Subway)

5 stair, long flat, 5 stair with rails on last set (Moore Square park, next to the burger restaurant)

Other than that you can usually find some ok stuff to skate just by looking around downtown and last time I drove through it looked like their was some cool spots in the suburbs that might be worth checking out, sorry for the short list

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 512
    • shop lurker avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 09:32:30 PM »
I haven't lived in Raleigh (right on the Durham border) for a long time, but I grew up skating the triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel hill). There were always tons of spots, and every time I visit there is hella new construction. Pick any school, shopping center, business complex and you are bound to find something.

Research triangle park was always interesting. I remember skating around one of the random complexes there and down into a parking garage that housed a dozen high end model cars (Lambos and Ferraris).

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 07:23:47 PM »
NC state campus is full of spots. That’s all I know of off top. Sorry I can’t be more helpful

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 09:32:00 AM »
The best areas to skate in the triangle are the university’s (Nc state, Unc, Duke) and Rtp. Rtp is a no go during the week but usually deserted on the weekends, wouldn’t recommend unless you have a car. Nc state and unc are very chill but Duke can be a bust.
Out of curiosity, what is your local?

Garfiled L. Asagna LLC

• Rep: -2
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 01:50:51 PM »
NC state campus is full of spots. That’s all I know of off top. Sorry I can’t be more helpful

Yeah but jenkem did an article after years back that really ruined the local vibe down there. People started going to it like it was a skate school or some shit and now it's pretty hit or miss. Still loads of spots and the Raleigh area just as great, but notoriety blew that place beyond out. Still a fun weekend if you in the area

hotstudios_on_youtube

• Rep: -65
  • ???
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2023, 08:02:19 AM »
I'm going to be in South Carolina this december for the holidays if anyone wants to skate / show me around

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2023, 09:33:24 AM »
I'm going to be in South Carolina this december for the holidays if anyone wants to skate / show me around

which city? may be able to point you in the right direction on some things (i dont live there but lots of crossover between nc and sc).

Gleefull508

• Rep: 20
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2023, 09:07:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

which city? may be able to point you in the right direction on some things (i dont live there but lots of crossover between nc and sc).

I live in Augusta and go to Columbia and charleston a lot, where the spots at, i usually just skate the DIY in Columbia and the DIY in charleston

Troubadour26

• Rep: 70
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2023, 10:57:30 PM »
I think Charleston got a pretty good skatepark within the past couple years and their DIY is recognized and protected by the parks and recreation now as well. Myrtle Beach had the Matt Hughes park which I still haven’t made it out to somehow. I kind of do my best to avoid Myrtle Beach though.

Gleefull508

• Rep: 20
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2023, 04:29:23 PM »
I think Charleston got a pretty good skatepark within the past couple years and their DIY is recognized and protected by the parks and recreation now as well. Myrtle Beach had the Matt Hughes park which I still haven’t made it out to somehow. I kind of do my best to avoid Myrtle Beach though.

Charlestons new park SK8 charleston is really nice. You just have to wear a helmet. No way around it if you don't wear one they will kick you out... it sucks