Author Topic: I don't like Stallion by Supreme  (Read 11886 times)

CannerSpaghetti

Re: I don't like Stallion by Supreme
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2021, 01:51:57 PM »
Love em or hate em kader is a beast and is only gonna get bigger from here

veritas

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2021, 02:09:04 PM »
why do i have to watch some shirtless kid bail on flatground tricks for 5 mins in the intro

sometimeperhaps

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2021, 02:37:59 PM »
Can someone post an edit that removed all the filler and shirtless kids I keep hearing about? I wanna see some Kader clips.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2021, 02:41:06 PM »
It was definitely the zoom in on the Supreme underwear waistband for me.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Manny Fapuiao

• Rep: 110
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2021, 03:20:43 PM »
what would the pun be?
she gets 50-50 front shuved down our throats
edit* just wrapping the joke up for you, I'm a fan of Beatrice
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 04:05:32 PM by Manny Fapuiao »
I've had a better understanding of what is happening around me while smoking Salvia as a passenger in a moving vehicle than reading your post

Mickey Knox

• Rep: -32
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2021, 03:51:36 PM »
Lots of glimmers in this video, Kader is definitely stepping up his game a bit. That switch flip over the rail was really burly.
One thing though, what the fuck was Bill smoking to make him want to make a whole flat ground intro to Alice and chains rooster. I love that song but damn that was bad. Made my stomach hurt just watching it.

Burnout420

• Rep: -27
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2021, 04:16:56 PM »
Kader, Rowan and Ben are fun to watch. The Italian kids who looked like brothers killed it. I like Beatrice but I know she is more capable than 5050 shuvs. I feel like supreme vids always need to have a mix of mediocre skating from locals with bangers from pros mixed in. Probably will watch one more time but that intro pissed me off. What an anti climatic way to use that song.

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2021, 05:44:39 PM »
that donald byrd song was a banger

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhG80Tmm8zo

Clearly Fat William never saw the edit w me and the homies before.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2021, 06:50:24 PM »
Lots of glimmers in this video, Kader is definitely stepping up his game a bit. That switch flip over the rail was really burly.
One thing though, what the fuck was Bill smoking to make him want to make a whole flat ground intro to Alice and chains rooster. I love that song but damn that was bad. Made my stomach hurt just watching it.

Did we already see Kader switch fs flip it or was that a different rail?

Octobre Rouge.

• Rep: -2
  • Black metal and ledge skating
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2021, 11:52:44 PM »
I really miss the Cherry era. It was refreshing to see young bucks and old pros skating together.
KB, Sage and the other kids had (and still have) distinctive styles.
In Stallion, these italian young men are quite boring. Flip tricks down gaps, how original.

fs180

• Rep: -267
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2021, 12:41:03 AM »
they make the best out of the famous spot in Milan.
its actually pretty good for the skate culture and filming flat ground will make the kids practice it.
if you aren't living in America you might not understand that there aren't millions of skaters and parks so for those getting introduced to skating it might be through supreme and why not frame the whole skating experience in Europe which is meeting up and skating flat ground on the one perfect marble spot in town.
would you guys loved it more if the video only showed top tier pros no kids involved and it being cut down to only tricks? it wouldn't motivate people in Milan to do anything.

I think there is this gap of communication between kids and pros and that's why european kids tend to choose scooters over skateboarding.
Full lengths used to be the introduction to skaters over a long time and nower days its either 10 sec instagram clips, some uncool braille clowns or some skate company who is so overly picky of what core skating is that kids won't get into it because it takes time to understand the code of skating and getting them to make that effort never was brought to us by the tricks itself.
all the face zooming and color editing adds to give these clips a lasting character and puts focus on the skater.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 02:08:20 AM by fs180 »

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2021, 05:21:52 AM »
I still haven’t seen it. I saw a quick thumbnail on yt and it was a skinny shirtless kid messing up a fs flip. That was all I needed to finally hit that “don’t recommend channel again” button. One of my co workers use to like k-rod but he said he’s gotta rethink that after this video.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

fs180

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2021, 05:31:24 AM »
I still haven’t seen it. I saw a quick thumbnail on yt and it was a skinny shirtless kid messing up a fs flip. That was all I needed to finally hit that “don’t recommend channel again” button. One of my co workers use to like k-rod but he said he’s gotta rethink that after this video.

1. He doesn't have a trick in this video.
2. You are lying about the dont recommend thing
3. Are people who see people wearing supreme the bigger judgemental assholes? I mean you didnt even see the vid and have already strong feelings towards it. You even read pages of pages in a web forum about it before even looking at it.

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2021, 05:35:27 AM »
I didn't even care to watch honestly.

Signature is a gnar

nicotinewheel

• Rep: -75
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2021, 05:44:40 AM »
all the face zooming and color editing adds to give these clips a lasting character and puts focus on the skater.
Good point.

For example, if in 'Shackle Me Not' they had been brave enough to color edit the skaters & finish each clip with a face zoom, H-Street would still be a top company today.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2021, 05:57:39 AM »
It’s almost as if you dudes don’t realize fat bill films the way he does bc it shows off all the supreme logos. Those clips aren’t made to make people on slap happy, they’re supreme commercials to be played in store that have some skating in it. the main attraction is the supreme boxers, stickers, and clothes. Not the people wearing them.

Lol @ dude saying he has to rethink how he feels about K-rod. That kid literally didn’t have a single trick.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2021, 06:03:27 AM »

lol c'mon. this coming from the guy who will start threads for clips like JART DOES BULGARIA

some of you guys are sexually attracted to your etnies marianas, and it shows

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2021, 06:05:41 AM »
Definitely over this style that Bill is stuck on. The fs flip intro was already just annoying for no reason. Didn't really care about candyland either. I honestly think he peaked with Cherry.

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2021, 06:33:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

3. Are people who see people wearing supreme the bigger judgemental assholes? I mean you didnt even see the vid and have already strong feelings towards it. You even read pages of pages in a web forum about it before even looking at it.
1. How would I know I haven’t seen it yet
2. I really did on my mom
3. My phone started blowing up after that video dropped because for some reason this video was bad enough for other people to actually hit me up and tell me how bad it was.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 06:47:44 AM by Youoverthere »

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

fs180

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2021, 06:51:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Good point.

For example, if in 'Shackle Me Not' they had been brave enough to color edit the skaters & finish each clip with a face zoom, H-Street would still be a top company today.

different times and hd face camera zoom is much more pleasing.
I probably wouldn't have forgotten who the fuck they were if they showed me their faces yes.
is it so hard to get the reason for extreme color correction?
he just wants it to look like kids or some sort of fucked up movie like gumbo.
he's inspired by those movies and movies always have face shots.
in candyland f.e. the colors and Pablo face shots made me feel like I was in the apartment stoned all day before seeing them actually skating. its extremly mood setting and I miss this in other skate clips.

its also intresseting that this is a low budget skate clip from a billion dollar company filmed in like a year?
in the 2000s-2010s skate companies tried to make the biggest budget skate movies they could possibly do to have the biggest impact and filming over multiple years. than when the 2010s came they thought us there were no reasons to ever do a full length video because its costs too much and it won't be recieved well in these days.

fast forward what video and what filmer caused the change we have today hmmmmmm?

fs180

« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2021, 06:58:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
1. How would I know I haven’t seen it yet
2. I really did on my mom
3. My phone started blowing up after that video dropped because for some reason this video was bad enough for other people to actually hit me up and tell me how bad it was.

1. why are you talking about things you dont know anything about.
2. r.i.p. your mom when the next supreme video drops
mr. "I listen to chief keef ironically cause its the trendy thing to do and like to look at his naked upper body holding money but can't get through 10 s of a face zoom"
3. your group of friends seem like they wish somebody would film them while they look cool.
ones you are dead nobody knows shit about you nore are there cool clips of you being a teenager.

fs180

« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2021, 07:29:10 AM »
also how creepy are camera men from actual movie sets to film peoples faces?
like how and why did the camera man film their faces like in the movie home alone why doesn't he film him from the back the whole time im not gay and want to look at Kevins face the whole time? I would have understood him talking either way.

camera men = child molestin faggets

you fucking skating hipsters love to act like you watch skating for the pure tricks and than want to talk about ART and how skating is ART you dont respect art at all its all about your stupid identity you build by years of hard skating without getting that good but you still want your respect so all you can do is acting like YOU are pure skating
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 07:37:55 AM by fs180 »

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2021, 07:44:35 AM »
Fs180 is Fat Bill
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2021, 08:32:17 AM »
just do what I did and keep your finger on the button that skips 5 seconds ahead. stop clicking when you see skating, continue clicking when the slow mo face/supeme logo zoom ins start happening.

Kader is a beast.
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2021, 08:34:20 AM »
I've tried watching this like a dozen times, but I just can't

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2021, 08:55:29 AM »
I was really creeped out by the intro. Weird voyeuristic video of some kid without a shirt on not really doing anything.
If it weren’t a skate vid, fat bill would be on some type of registry and probably not allowed near children.

Christmas Complete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2021, 08:58:21 AM »
I was really creeped out by the intro. Weird voyeuristic video of some kid without a shirt on not really doing anything.
If it weren’t a skate vid, fat bill would be on some type of registry and probably not allowed near children.

That's why he has to zoom in so far
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

PERILL

• Rep: -1
  • Heh, yeah.
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2021, 09:45:19 AM »
The way he’d pan the camera to someone and be like “ok now do a reaction so we can put it in the video” felt really unnatural and forced.

swishfrontblunt

« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2021, 10:04:18 AM »
The younger milan kids remind of the aliens from the original SpaceJam before they turn into monsters. Like tiny little heads with huge mom hair, super long pants and big floppy Nike blazers. Hard to imagine I'm looking at the next Tyshawns there.. The older italian kids def fit the Supreme aesthetic a little better and rip harder.. Kader had some serious clips, style getting way better.. K-Rod only had one clip and it was a bail but it would have been everyone's favorite clip had he landed it.. Rowans skating amazing as always. Nik Stain wow. Tyshawn did not look excited to be there. Ultimately I'm always happy to see Supreme doing well, kinda fucking up the fashion world from the bottom up, floating thousand dollar kits to random kids that roll around on grimey city streets smoking spliffs in public. Don't see where all the hate comes from although I'm sure it's mostly from trashers in the midwest who would rather watch a video of the guy who wears all orange and has the boards that pop in half with a bungee cord then flip backtogether while he does a footplant on a car tire behind some shit grocery store in Iowa.

Bread Harrity

• Rep: 239