Author Topic: I don't like Stallion by Supreme  (Read 11980 times)

IpathCats

Re: I don't like Stallion by Supreme
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2021, 11:39:56 AM »
The filming can be a little annoying at times, but I'd say it was easier on the eyes than some of his other shit. Skating was pretty damn good. Nik stain is a fucking boss, that back tail Kader did was sick, sage 5050'd a damn near 5ft tall rail, I fucking love Rowan and Tyshawn. Despite all the obvious supreme criticisms, I enjoyed this.

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2021, 12:08:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I still haven’t seen it. I saw a quick thumbnail on yt and it was a skinny shirtless kid messing up a fs flip. That was all I needed to finally hit that “don’t recommend channel again” button. One of my co workers use to like k-rod but he said he’s gotta rethink that after this video.
[close]

1. He doesn't have a trick in this video.
2. You are lying about the dont recommend thing
3. Are people who see people wearing supreme the bigger judgemental assholes? I mean you didnt even see the vid and have already strong feelings towards it. You even read pages of pages in a web forum about it before even looking at it.
[close]
1. How would I know I haven’t seen it yet
2. I really did on my mom
3. My phone started blowing up after that video dropped because for some reason this video was bad enough for other people to actually hit me up and tell me how bad it was.
[close]

1. why are you talking about things you dont know anything about.
2. r.i.p. your mom when the next supreme video drops
mr. "I listen to chief keef ironically cause its the trendy thing to do and like to look at his naked upper body holding money but can't get through 10 s of a face zoom"
3. your group of friends seem like they wish somebody would film them while they look cool.
ones you are dead nobody knows shit about you nore are there cool clips of you being a teenager.
You’re stanning for bill so hard rn. I didn’t even give this video a real critique. all I’m saying is I didn’t watch it and that it was so bad that other people felt the need to tell me. One of the dudes that told me literally is always dripped in preme. The other dude is from New York City and loves Bill. And I have a semi annoying co worker that loves to show me Beatrice’s ig and even he told me “It’s not really worth it” You have actual problems if you think you can talk about someone’s mom because they didn’t watch a skate video ha! Maybe y’all white folks listen to chief ironically but I’ve been listening to drill music since forever.
As far nobody seeing clips of me as teen... well have fun peaking in your teens ha!
Ps. He’s not naked. He’s in a white suit. Look

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2021, 12:17:07 PM »
Expand Quote
I still haven’t seen it. I saw a quick thumbnail on yt and it was a skinny shirtless kid messing up a fs flip. That was all I needed to finally hit that “don’t recommend channel again” button. One of my co workers use to like k-rod but he said he’s gotta rethink that after this video.
[close]

lol c'mon. this coming from the guy who will start threads for clips like JART DOES BULGARIA

some of you guys are sexually attracted to your Es silo sc, Quattro, symbols, and it shows
yep
Edit. I’ve never posted anything about jart ever but you’ve posted a pizza video so I guess I’m out of touch even though I primarily post videos from thrasher and free skate mag.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 11:30:45 PM by Youoverthere »

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

fs180

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -267
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2021, 12:18:27 PM »
You are the biggst clown on this website.
You brought your mum into this not me.

Nobody gives a shit about your friends that watched supreme videos in their pasts opinion.
Give us your fact based opinion or just shut the fuck up.
Its not like you could explain anything.
If you haven't seen it by now and still talking about it you are borderline psycho.
Also i dont give a shit how much you pretend to like the same old young chop beats over and over again but if you can sit through this and a naked group of friends hugging each other while holding up pistols you might be able to sit through this without a problem.

Fucking loser.

PERILL

• Rep: -1
  • Heh, yeah.
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2021, 01:16:10 PM »

Nobody gives a shit about your friends that watched supreme videos in their pasts opinion.
If you haven't seen it by now and still talking about it you are borderline psycho.
Also i dont give a shit how much you pretend to like the same old young chop beats over and over again but if you can sit through this and a naked group of friends hugging each other while holding up pistols you might be able to sit through this without a problem.

Fucking loser.
I'm gonna keep it real with you, bro. You're spazzing right now. The thread is about the video. He said how he responded to the video. You don't have to go Eugene Mode on us with the "give us your fact based opinion!!!!1111!" Shit's weird.

fs180

« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2021, 01:20:49 PM »
Expand Quote

Fucking loser.
[close]
I'm gonna keep it real with you, bro. You're spazzing right now. The thread is about the video. He said how he responded to the video. You don't have to go Eugene Mode on us with the "give us your fact based opinion!!!!1111!" Shit's weird.

he didn't say how he responded he said some friend told him about it and he didn't watch it so his opinion isn't an opinion and is based on the same "I run my mouth about anything trendy" loser mentality most of you people have.
its like being hipper than what's trendy because you can smash it without even bothering.
people like that love boring trendy things like polar.
break this shit down to what it is its the same shots as in every other film besides skateboarding and its fucking funny that people are to ignorant to sit through it.
its fucking insane.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2021, 01:24:58 PM »

Fucking loser.

Slow down dude

Get it ease
Its just his opinion.

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2021, 01:45:15 PM »
... and close ups on supreme underpants waist bands was unbearable
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2021, 02:17:21 PM »
this thread is a real drain screen for all my least favorite pals

fs180

« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2021, 02:20:36 PM »
i fucking hate you too even if you were here before me

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2021, 02:38:09 PM »
some of you guys are sexually attracted to your etnies marianas, and it shows
New sig, thanks.

I enjoyed the video. Great skating, i prefer this kinda loose composition to a lot of other videos out there. I liked the use of Alice in Chains, i liked all the music.

The two slowmo moments of Kader smoking weed were cringy, i agree with that, and the fact it felt like he was introduced twice instead of just scattered through the video like everyone else. Still, his clips were great, i hope everyone who has talked shit about him can see the hype now, he's really good.

This video didn't make me want to wear any Supreme, but it made me want to go skate Milan.

Edit:
Fs180 can you please just go back to lurking the Nike threads in case someone says a bad word about your precious shoes
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 02:50:52 PM by TracersOnlyfans »
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

BroBruhBra

• Rep: -20
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2021, 02:42:03 PM »
Skating has always had its share of adults "nurturing" young skaters into their careers, but Bill's focus is getting kind of weird.... Some of his subjects don't really appear to be film worthy, yet he devotes a lot of time and energy to them. I'm sure the kids are thrilled, and if Bill was a true creep it would have come out by now, but yea...…. it's getting weird.

conqueso

« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2021, 02:43:53 PM »
if he's not a creep than whoever is signing them checks sure is

video is terrible. this is the death of skateboarding laughing at us from a corporate boardroom.

mushroom slice

« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2021, 02:46:49 PM »
where’s Waldo in the video! and he kinda  rips!  Did not see that one coming.

Dead Horseman

• Rep: 2
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2021, 03:55:01 PM »
People takin it seriously over here. Rowan Z was standing out to me with a solid peppering of "wtf" style makes.

I think the counter-hype phenomenon might be the worst of all.

i halfcab board ledges

• Rep: 12
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2021, 09:08:16 PM »
Tbh i dont really mind strobeck filming, the intro was wack as fuck, felt like i was waiting for something sick that just never happened, tricks were sick as fuck tho, kader sw flip over rail was so fucking sick and so was the back tail, dont get why mfs hating on beatrice so hard tbh I think the front 50 front shuv looks sick, mfs too focused on how hard tricks are vs how they look when talking abt girl skaters people act like style doesnt matter for shit.  Overall pretty good video just intro was wack as shit, prolly wont watch the whole thing again but ill rewatch some footy from it. (at least this one was free lul)
The year is 2364. Frog will be the only skateboard company.

rukes

• Rep: 216
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2021, 09:20:04 PM »
Kader had some dope clips, but putting spin in your joints is an illegal trick, needs to get off that one.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

gyros4heroes

• Rep: -27
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2021, 07:03:15 AM »
Kader had some dope clips, but putting spin in your joints is an illegal trick, needs to get off that one.
rolls and smokes better, and you save dough. Spliffs are the way to go

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2021, 07:15:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
rolls and smokes better, and you save dough. Spliffs are the way to go
I smoke tobacco for six days in a row and my chest hurts. I smoke weed for 500 days in a row and nada.

dilbert1

• Rep: 139
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2021, 10:36:32 AM »
...some sort of fucked up movie like gumbo.
he's inspired by those movies and movies always have face shots.

Gumbo did have a lot of face shots

Rubbrick

• Rep: 140
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2021, 11:35:54 AM »
Tbh i dont really mind strobeck filming, the intro was wack as fuck, felt like i was waiting for something sick that just never happened, tricks were sick as fuck tho, kader sw flip over rail was so fucking sick and so was the back tail, dont get why mfs hating on beatrice so hard tbh I think the front 50 front shuv looks sick, mfs too focused on how hard tricks are vs how they look when talking abt girl skaters people act like style doesnt matter for shit.  Overall pretty good video just intro was wack as shit, prolly wont watch the whole thing again but ill rewatch some footy from it. (at least this one was free lul)

It’s not the fact that the 50-50 front shuv wasn’t hard or doesn’t look good, it’s because she does one in literally every video she’s in and did two more in this video. She acknowledged it herself that she’s beat that trick to death.

boof_no_coup

• Rep: 0
    • my page avatar image
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2021, 02:46:17 PM »
I thought Strobeck had the correct idea by trying to make it feel like a cinematic experience. We have all noticed how much classic movie research he's been doing on his story but, I wish he would have incorporated shots from classic movies into Stallion. I feel the spots were unentertaining and didn't feel the filming worked well with spots. The skaters in the video were just new wave insta skaters doing lazy nollie flips then run home to tell their rents how much they boned it. Honestly, the supreme aesthetic needs to be toned down for upcoming videos. Not a bad film, Pussyganster still better.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2021, 07:27:17 PM »

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2021, 07:40:03 PM »
Say what you want about weckingball, he was right about the Carlyle Group

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #84 on: May 09, 2021, 07:44:41 PM »
Say what you want about weckingball, he was right about the Carlyle Group
Agreed, thankfully they don't own it anymore
https://ww.fashionnetwork.com/news/Vf-corp-completes-acquisition-of-supreme,1269945.html
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2021, 09:12:02 PM »
Expand Quote
...some sort of fucked up movie like gumbo.
he's inspired by those movies and movies always have face shots.
[close]

Gumbo did have a lot of face shots

Yeah especially when Gonz was explaining his New Orleans creole gumbo recipe.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -212
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2021, 10:18:10 PM »
Stallion looked a little lazy to me.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Sandygoat

• Rep: -45
  • THE BIGGEST SHALOMIE
« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2021, 10:46:10 PM »
Too much fucking zooming in on logos and not enough kader.

scary

• Rep: -7
« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2021, 11:48:40 PM »
I was stoned for it but it was fucking beast you can’t tell me the little dude in glasses didnt blow dudes 6 years older than him out of the water

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #89 on: May 10, 2021, 07:25:09 AM »
Being from Italy, I was pretty excited for it.

Then watching it, feels like some sort of hypnosis to make you buy overpriced t-shirts and underpants.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.