Author Topic: FS 360  (Read 553 times)

YellowPepper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
FS 360
« on: May 03, 2021, 11:08:14 PM »
I've been having trouble with this one for a while. When I land them I can't complete the whole rotation and end up pivoting. Any tips are welcome

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
Re: FS 360
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 01:10:56 PM »
I was just working on those with a friend the other day, eventually we sort of figured that where you're looking is fundamental in this trick, like the literal angle of your head. My friend was constantly spinning full 360's (and actually his looked fucked up, knee-high on flat looking like a frontside 180 late frontside 180) but because he was underestimating where he needed to look in order to stay ahead of the board, the board would spin faster than him, out of control and so he would undershoot with his body or land off in a backwards looking stance and slip out. Personally I used to sort of be able to do his technique when I was younger (in fact thinking 'late frontside 180 after a first frontside 180' like I was saying is a good mental trick for it because then you focus on the second half of the trick more and that's sort of what you need to do to mind your landing) but that day it wasn't working and so I was more or less just scooping mine around with barely any pop trying to get the full 360 regardless, my problem was I was keeping landing but sticking (the common bullshit) and that's when I realized I needed to look down not on the nose of my board like I was always used to trying, but actually way past it heel side. You want to get ahead of the trick, not the trick to get ahead of you and in those specific regards it's very similar to backside 360's too. Towards the end I was doing my technique in a way so exaggerated with the scoop I even learned those one-footed frontside 360 ollies people do (not on purpose, I'd just lose the board with the front foot and then somehow use it on the catch to help the board complete the final 90 degrees), those feel weird as fuck.

YellowPepper

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 07:34:07 PM »
I didn't even think about where I was looking at, Ill see if that works for me, thanks.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 09:04:18 PM »
I used to do these every once in awhile. I learned off curb cuts and off the side of little flat banks. The key is to not only think about the spinning rotation but the way you board dips from nose to tail....

Check this Sheffy clip 1 min 9 secs... and pay attention to the way his nose goes from a rocket in the first half of the rotation to fully dipped in the second part... that motion unlocked this trick for me way back when... (now I need to relearn them)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt8ud6-Wqr4