Author Topic: Resident Evil VILage  (Read 1324 times)

h00man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
Resident Evil VILage
« on: May 07, 2021, 04:41:35 PM »
Just got my copy. I'll maybe stream it later tonight. Can't wait to play! (at work right now).

Anyone else into RE?
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1537
  • Overweight and Underprepared
Re: Resident Evil VILage
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 07:08:41 PM »
I've been a fan for decades.  Read the books and everything.  I was so impressed with 7.  I really liked the direction they took it in.  5 and 6 I didn't care about at all because the story line got so silly.  Zombies with guns just doesn't do it for me. 4 did the same thing but the gameplay was so improved that I was fine with it. The graphics for the new RE look amazing.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Yu Dum

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 08:21:10 AM »
Started it last night and played for about 2 hours before turning it off. I love every minute of it so far. Also, love that they brought back quite a few elements from RE4. Can't wait to get home and really dive in.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 10:37:06 PM »
The demo was really good, but I'll wait for sale.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2021, 11:16:02 PM »
Liking it so far but I will say I hate that crafting items and keys don't take up spance the main inventory briefcase. I loved managing and combining items to make room in my inventory for new pick ups. They even did that in RE4, which also used the briefcase style inventory.

Yu Dum

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2021, 06:54:12 AM »
Finished it on Casual last night. I think this one takes the place as my favorite, but only slightly above RE7. My only complaint is that the boss battles were a bit lackluster. The ones I thought would be the most challenging were over within a few minutes and vice versa with the ones I thought would be a breeze.
Will be playing through on Standard in the next few days.

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2021, 02:03:49 PM »
My wife said said she'd buy me the PS VR headset if I play RE:VIllage on it. I said "no thank you" without any hesitation.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2021, 02:10:29 PM »
I really want to play it I just can't do spooky games, I get too scared. I platinumed Bloodborne and all the Souls games but the slow, tension building horror just ruins me.

Yu Dum

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2021, 03:01:01 PM »
I really want to play it I just can't do spooky games, I get too scared. I platinumed Bloodborne and all the Souls games but the slow, tension building horror just ruins me.
If you've played all the Souls games then this shouldn't bother you. It has moments that had me shook, but nothing too heavy.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2021, 12:27:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
If you've played all the Souls games then this shouldn't bother you. It has moments that had me shook, but nothing too heavy.

Idk, I tried to play 7 but couldn't do it. Might pick up a used copy in a few weeks and give it a shot. I did play through 4 when I was younger and I heard this is more like that so maybe.

Yu Dum

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2021, 01:51:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Idk, I tried to play 7 but couldn't do it. Might pick up a used copy in a few weeks and give it a shot. I did play through 4 when I was younger and I heard this is more like that so maybe.
Seven was way more intense as far as being in a claustrophobic environment goes, but Village does a great job of recreating the magic that RE4 had. Open world concept and the same inventory system. They even included the key item pickup sounds from RE4 and a Merchant who periodically quotes the old merchant from 4. Highly recommend if you can stomach some good jump scares.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2021, 09:43:12 AM »
I'm not very far into it but this game is pretty fucking cool so far. Generally not a fan of jump scares etc, so I tend to play during the day in short bursts. The only resident evil I finished was 4 years ago because it had more of a "action AND horror" vibe as opposed to "horror with a side of action."

A Hideo Kojima RE would be absolutely wild.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2021, 07:11:51 PM »
Finished it this weekend finally. Great game. Great follow up to 7. However, 7 is still overall better IMO.

Yu Dum

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2021, 09:56:50 AM »
Finished it this weekend finally. Great game. Great follow up to 7. However, 7 is still overall better IMO.
I'm with you on all points. Village had its shining moments, but was too short for me to put it at the top with Biohazard. Interested to see where they progress from here. Liked that they tried to tie the stories together, too.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1537
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2021, 08:03:47 PM »
Thanks h00man and Blind fisherman for the reviews! I am looking forward to playing Village.

I really wish that the RE franchise would create a different franchise, in line with RE 7 but branching from the already established story line.  I know it is somewhat ridiculous to want a "believable" zombie outbreak story, but I feel like a more realistic one could be created and in an environment that requires characters to have to collect resources and whatnot, all the while making progress towards moving into different locations, building bases to live in and defend for a period of time, until a certain amount of objectives are met and then it is time to move on to a different location.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2021, 10:38:19 PM »
Thanks h00man and Blind fisherman for the reviews! I am looking forward to playing Village.

I really wish that the RE franchise would create a different franchise, in line with RE 7 but branching from the already established story line.  I know it is somewhat ridiculous to want a "believable" zombie outbreak story, but I feel like a more realistic one could be created and in an environment that requires characters to have to collect resources and whatnot, all the while making progress towards moving into different locations, building bases to live in and defend for a period of time, until a certain amount of objectives are met and then it is time to move on to a different location.

Yepp, that's why I liked the fiirst half of Leon's campaign in RE6. Just good, old corpses.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2021, 02:49:09 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yepp, that's why I liked the fiirst half of Leon's campaign in RE6. Just good, old corpses.

As a mess that RE6 was, I actually enjoyed it for the characters and intertwining stories. Yeah, its RE x COD, but it had its moments as well. Definitely not the best RE game, but I don't think it deserved all the criticism it got. But that's just me.

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2021, 05:57:32 PM »
Anyone else having a helluva hard time getting SS rank on the Mercenaries maps?