Author Topic: Louie Barletta: people I've known  (Read 7766 times)

boi-cuzudo

Re: Louie Barletta: people I've known
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2021, 05:05:45 PM »

Allez_Jambon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2021, 06:05:23 PM »
I know the article says it was published online 4/28/21 and I haven't touched a physical copy of thrasher in a while, but was this out before? A few of them seem real familiar and I've heard the Caswell Berry one before because it's the only thing I know about Weinerschnitzel. Anyway, these People I've Known are great, except for Neckface because all he did was list out celebreties that he had a one off encounter with. Keep them coming.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1938
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2021, 07:17:26 PM »
Thanks for the share this is the first time I'm reading one of these.

I found the Ali Boulala story pretty funny I mean just the idea of a bunch of guys watching a plane get further and further away from them while they stand there is hilarious

The rest of the series is gold, Jerry Hsu's one is good too.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

pabloalvarado

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2021, 07:49:50 PM »
"I met Dylan when he was about 13 or 14. For some reason we always shared a room on tour. I think it was because I was always the goofy uncle drinking Bacardi and Cokes and being silly and Jerry was the cool-guy uncle not saying a word, just sitting back, watching, smoking cigs. I’m so stoked he took after Uncle Jer. I’ll never forget the last time we hung out. I had flown to LA and he surprised me by picking me up at the airport. As we drove to the office we just chatted about nonsense and reminisced on old days. I think about that car ride and wished I’d been more honest with him. I wish I could’ve told him I loved him and how I was proud of him. I think about him a lot—one of the greatest to ever do it."

Damn that Dylan one sucked to read. Amazing to recall they both rode for Osiris at home point.

:)