Author Topic: Diego Najera regretting quitting Primitive?  (Read 23617 times)

decaf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -20
Diego Najera regretting quitting Primitive?
« on: May 09, 2021, 02:49:09 AM »
https://instagram.com/stories/_diegonajera/2569679902420146891?igshid=9664n2p1wtsu

Sounds like he’s missing his ex right now. Maybe things didn’t pan out financially at the April Camp?

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
Re: Diego Najera regretting quitting Primitive?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 03:05:44 AM »
Can someone please  post a screenshot for the pals without instagram?

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2021, 03:23:20 AM »
Can someone please  post a screenshot for the pals without instagram?

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 03:37:07 AM »
this dude was never on my radar but hopefully he can figure something out. life is full of ups and downs, just gotta keep going. if things were only good, life would just be really boring. time for a comback story or different chapter. whatever. if he lurks the boards, i suggest going to therapy to get his confidence/mental health back to tip top shape. also taking a break from insta or letting one of his sponsors/homies handle his account seems good.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 04:00:28 AM by in love w/ fs shuvs »

mareo

• Rep: -336
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2021, 03:48:05 AM »
It seems like he wanted to pile out/not put much effort into it by the looks of it. He didn't want to skate for a while cos of covid right?

Good on Shane for not allowing a low effort part/footage to come out if that's the case.

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2021, 03:52:27 AM »
Always thought it was weird he left when he was one of the kids craig wouldn’t put fully on

didn’t prod say he started primitive boards just to sponsor people like Diego, who he thought was good enough to be pro but no one was properly hooking up.....

I think he mentions it in that video of him using the radar gun to measure how slow they flip over tables

ilikebigbutts

• Rep: -42
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2021, 05:08:06 AM »
I thought it was weird primitive turned him pro so quickly. Like they should of waited a few more years, I don't think he even is that good to be pro yet, and then when he quit that was even more weird, like very ungrateful to prod and primitive. Still prod kinda did similar things when he was his age, so he would most likely forgive him and put him back if Diego asked him I'd think. I think Diego fitted perfectly in primitive. I was going to buy his bull deck and then he left. I'd defiantly buy it if he got on again and they re-released it.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2021, 05:54:12 AM »
I thought it was weird primitive turned him pro so quickly. Like they should of waited a few more years, I don't think he even is that good to be pro yet, and then when he quit that was even more weird, like very ungrateful to prod and primitive. Still prod kinda did similar things when he was his age, so he would most likely forgive him and put him back if Diego asked him I'd think. I think Diego fitted perfectly in primitive. I was going to buy his bull deck and then he left. I'd defiantly buy it if he got on again and they re-released it.

Dude is in the game for a long time since AMO, his Primitive introduce part already has pro level. Dude ups 5 stairs with switch 360 flips. Straight picknick table flips.

homegrown83

• Rep: -83
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2021, 06:09:05 AM »
Diego back to Primitive? Such a shame. The guy is amazing at skating and it sounds like he might have chilled a little too much for Shane's liking. I think he fits better on Primitive anyways. It doesn't seem like April has much of an identity anyways.

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2021, 06:22:03 AM »
Damn
Sounds funky tho
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

lk130

• SLAP Pal
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2021, 06:44:43 AM »
Diego back to Primitive? Such a shame. The guy is amazing at skating and it sounds like he might have chilled a little too much for Shane's liking. I think he fits better on Primitive anyways. It doesn't seem like April has much of an identity anyways.

I don't think he is going back to primitive though ?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2021, 08:13:57 AM »
It seems like he wanted to pile out/not put much effort into it by the looks of it. He didn't want to skate for a while cos of covid right?

Good on Shane for not allowing a low effort part/footage to come out if that's the case.
piling out and taking seriously a global health crisis the likes none of us have ever seen are drastically different

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2021, 08:22:12 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
piling out and taking seriously a global health crisis the likes none of us have ever seen are drastically different

+1
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

mareo

• Rep: -336
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2021, 09:03:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

+1

Yeah not disagreeing with you guys, but maybe that's the excuse the guys at April used. Just pointing it out.

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2021, 09:28:32 AM »
April is boring but did have some potential. Kinda like Diego.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2021, 09:40:36 AM »
Does anyone actually skate April boards ?

My local shop has carried them since they’ve been around and I highly doubt they’ve sold more than 5 of them.

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -40
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2021, 09:47:44 AM »
I'm a fan of this dude, hope things fall into place for him. I was totally confused when he left Primitive for April, seemed like a lateral move at best that involved unnecessary risk.

fried

• Rep: 49
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2021, 09:55:57 AM »
I was totally confused when he left Primitive for April, seemed like a lateral move at best that involved unnecessary risk.

Shane was the reason diego got on primitive. So when he left he took Diego with him. He talks about it in an interview.

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -40
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2021, 09:59:15 AM »
Expand Quote
I was totally confused when he left Primitive for April, seemed like a lateral move at best that involved unnecessary risk.
[close]

Shane was the reason diego got on primitive. So when he left he took Diego with him. He talks about it in an interview.

Interesting...is Diego claiming that an old part he turned in for Primitive wasn't good enough, or is he referring to recent footage he turned into April that was deemed not up to par? And would Shane be the one calling the shots on that? Would be strange if that were the case.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2021, 10:12:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Interesting...is Diego claiming that an old part he turned in for Primitive wasn't good enough, or is he referring to recent footage he turned into April that was deemed not up to par? And would Shane be the one calling the shots on that? Would be strange if that were the case.

It kinda seems to me that he took a break due to covid and because of this he turned in sub par footie to April, getting the boot as a result.

And is now sorry because such a thing wouldn't have happened at Primitive. Maybe he feels they would not have let him go so easily.

I could be completely wrong though. His messages are very open to interpretation.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2021, 11:00:18 AM »
I understand his messages a bit different to be honest.

To me it sounds more like, it was a hard decision to become a pro skater instead of like.. you know working a 9-5 or something. With health insurance and regular income and all that.

But I have no idea, this all sounds a bit vague from him and is really open for interpretation.

But I think his clips were sick and it's good, that he took the pandemic a bit more serious.
IG: @flowterspace

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2021, 11:00:25 AM »
How is his skating not up to par but lil Wayne’s protege gets a pass?

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2021, 11:49:37 AM »
this guy is the epitome of "meh" to me. no emotion, no stoke, talented for sure but such a damn robot. ive even seen shane smile.

lk130

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2021, 12:22:50 PM »
I think all his situations spilled over & I talked about this earlier in the past. Have his board proudly on my wall
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

veritas

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2021, 01:43:47 PM »
I might be totally imagining this but didn’t he ( or was it someone else) post about some sort of Tortilla product or food getting his family member near-deathly sick? There was talk of suing the manufacturer or the retailers or something, I imagine having a family member hospitalized from something like that takes a lot out of people (if this is in fact related to him and not someone else)

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 50
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2021, 02:04:33 PM »
I don't get April as a brand at all. The most basic lame board designs possible. Why bother?

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2021, 02:17:35 PM »
April is what happens when you start a brand for the sake of starting a brand.

Fraserjamesjollyjamieson

• Rep: -17
  • Brown 2
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2021, 03:05:21 PM »
We kinda knew already but Shane just confirmed on ig live Diego isn’t on April anymore

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2021, 03:07:26 PM »
We kinda knew already but Shane just confirmed on ig live Diego isn’t on April anymore

What did he say