Author Topic: Diego Najera regretting quitting Primitive?  (Read 23641 times)

RichardBarkley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
Re: Diego Najera regretting quitting Primitive?
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2021, 01:31:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
do you guys understand that a lot of people do not follow the berrics games of skate
[close]

Agree, and I loathe Borra as much as the next guy, but I'm just tryna to point out that he's among the best in multiple areas of street skating, with freakish pop, and still people shrug him off.
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
this guy is the epitome of "meh" to me. no emotion, no stoke, talented for sure but such a damn robot. ive even seen shane smile.
[close]

Are you completely blind, man? Subjective taste aside, homie was the first to kickflip an entire picnic table lengthwise. Weren't one of them mini tables neither. Goes on to win battle at the berrics without sacrificing an ounce of steeze. Height game is off the fuckin charts and he flows like running water on all street terrain. He doesn't even break into my top 10 favorites but calling him meh is just absurd.
[close]

i said he was talented, but for me meh means no personality/style.
just because someone is good at skateboarding doesnt mean they are likable, which again is all subjective.

ill take a bobby worrest, levi brown, or anyone else who has a distinct personality/style over someone like diego, aurelien giraud.

I agree with you on this.... Kind of

I get your point but Diego is streets ahead of AG in regards to personality/style
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2021, 01:51:45 PM »
he doesn't do any wallies or dress like a Swedish zamboni mechanic though

Hahaha

Anyone hating on this guy are tripping.  He’s on some next level skill.  Who cares if he doesn’t smile or dance after landing something.

Merman

• Rep: -40
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2021, 02:09:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
do you guys understand that a lot of people do not follow the berrics games of skate
[close]

Agree, and I loathe Borra as much as the next guy, but I'm just tryna to point out that he's among the best in multiple areas of street skating, with freakish pop, and still people shrug him off.
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
this guy is the epitome of "meh" to me. no emotion, no stoke, talented for sure but such a damn robot. ive even seen shane smile.
[close]

Are you completely blind, man? Subjective taste aside, homie was the first to kickflip an entire picnic table lengthwise. Weren't one of them mini tables neither. Goes on to win battle at the berrics without sacrificing an ounce of steeze. Height game is off the fuckin charts and he flows like running water on all street terrain. He doesn't even break into my top 10 favorites but calling him meh is just absurd.
[close]

just because someone is good at skateboarding doesnt mean they are likable, which again is all subjective.

ill take a bobby worrest, levi brown, or anyone else who has a distinct personality/style over someone like diego, aurelien giraud.

If you're not inspired by aurelien giraud's dramatic shirtless jacuzzi pics where he stares intently into the water, then I don't know what to say.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2021, 02:09:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

A shrug off using your shoulder and neck to bring someone to completion

Maurice46

• Rep: 10
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2021, 04:05:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

If you're not inspired by aurelien giraud's dramatic shirtless jacuzzi pics where he stares intently into the water, then I don't know what to say.

I feel the same way about Miles Silvas. Dude is an incredible skater but comes across to me as a bit of a fresh bot. The gold chains and swishy pants steez just seems corny and formulaic. Also, whenever I've heard him talk about skating he has  the same generic post game locker room affectation that you hear professional athletes use when they talk to reporters. Hey, to each their own.

conqueso

« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2021, 04:10:11 PM »
#blameshane

Fraserjamesjollyjamieson

• Rep: -17
  • Brown 2
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2021, 04:46:33 PM »
The won he one was only ams aswell or people that haven’t been in a batb before probably the worst one ever really

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -72
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2021, 04:53:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The won he one was only ams aswell or people that haven’t been in a batb before probably the worst one ever really

Michael Sommer was killing that one actually. Really wanted to see him take the whole thing, he had some CK1/Shane steeze going on with Tiago pop to boot.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2021, 05:03:04 PM »
Is Shane hard to deal with?

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2021, 07:07:43 PM »
Diego is really good and I enjoy his effortless style. Why he decided to leave Primitive is beyond me.

Primitive is like the Yankees...they will always have fans and make money.

April is like Florida Marlins...bandwagon fans when their doing well...and no money to sign good talent. Eventually you even re-brand and change your name to the Miami Marlins with a new stadium.....and guess what?

No one cares
While P-Rod and Shane are both ultra-tech/contest guys. P-Rod actually has charisma and seems to legitimately care about Primitive as a brand. April comes across as something Shane made because everyone told him he was so good he should have his own brand. It has less of an identity than Numbers did.

Fraserjamesjollyjamieson

• Rep: -17
  • Brown 2
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2021, 07:13:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Diego is really good and I enjoy his effortless style. Why he decided to leave Primitive is beyond me.

April is like Florida Marlins...bandwagon fans when their doing well...and no money to sign good talent. Eventually you even re-brand and change your name to the Miami Marlins with a new stadium.....and guess what?

No one cares
[close]
While P-Rod and Shane are both ultra-tech/contest guys. P-Rod actually has charisma and seems to legitimately care about Primitive as a brand. April comes across as something Shane made because everyone told him he was so good he should have his own brand. It has less of an identity than Numbers did.
I feel like Shane does but he just doesn’t really care to show it, dosnt really like to be in the public eye

Hefe43

• Rep: 176
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2021, 09:54:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

No one cares
[close]
[close]
I feel like Shane does but he just doesn’t really care to show it, dosnt really like to be in the public eye
Nah...that’s just how you feel
Tyshawn seems like the kind of guy to hate everyone at least a little bit

This Thing Of Ours

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2021, 10:36:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

No one cares
[close]
[close]

Well, it’s a good thing that Shane isn’t the public image of a company then!

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2021, 11:27:25 PM »
It’s just karma for flying out to Love and monopolizing the levels on the final weekend just so he could win Berra’s stupid Love Gap competition that nobody won.

What did he do?

my english is bad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • no hablo english
« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2021, 12:14:40 AM »
i could see him on Pizza

slapshakle

• Rep: 17
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2021, 03:04:36 AM »

Only when he's horny.

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -205
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2021, 03:37:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Only when he's horny.

So all the time then? Cool.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -210
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2021, 05:41:23 AM »
Expand Quote
It’s just karma for flying out to Love and monopolizing the levels on the final weekend just so he could win Berra’s stupid Love Gap competition that nobody won.
[close]

What did he do?

He kept getting in the way trying to huck down the Love Gap while all the locals were trying to skate the levels.

Someone threw water on him.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

ninformatic

• Rep: -7
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2021, 09:48:32 AM »
I thought this mf was the one who would bring éS back to the game. Riding for adidas he will always be in Miles' shadow.

veritas

« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2021, 10:08:35 AM »
I thought this mf was the one who would bring éS back to the game. Riding for adidas he will always be in Miles' shadow.

If they were the same stance they would be virtually indistinguishable

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2021, 10:20:58 AM »
Expand Quote

No one cares
[close]

I think this point is spot on. Paul had years to think up the branding of Primitive and how he wanted the company to be seen.

Essentially, a modern day Plan B (Questionable / Virtual Reality Era)

Whereas, April is called April because Shane has no idea how to run a business, how to brand a business, and how to build an elite team that everyone will want to follow.

Instead, he hires a bunch of dudes that just skate street league with him

WavyDavy

• Rep: 129
« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2021, 10:21:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

No one cares
[close]
[close]

Kinda sloppy for April using Gmail adresses for contact

BluffsideTank

• Rep: -14
« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2021, 10:38:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Does anyone actually skate April boards ?

My local shop has carried them since they’ve been around and I highly doubt they’ve sold more than 5 of them.
[close]

I only ever see Primitive, Baker, DLX, Revive and April boards in the wild.

I saw a (new) Alien board yesterday (fucked up shape tho) and damn near crashed my car.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2021, 11:09:27 AM »
Shane seems like a dick whenever he goes on IG live. the "no personality" image he normally presents is an upgrade from his actual personality
He is the one who got real mad when a kid tried to kiss him in Australia on a demo. That definitely shouldn’t go down but Austyn Gillette and the same kids (?) re-enacted it.

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2021, 12:00:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If they were the same stance they would be virtually indistinguishable

I'm not his #1 fan, but Miles is way better than this dude

Burnout420

• Rep: -27
« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2021, 12:09:57 PM »

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2191
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2021, 01:07:06 PM »
Expand Quote
#blameshane
[close]

#shameshane
I mean... Isn't that what the whole purpose of incarcerating him in Horny Jail was in the first place?!?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1058
« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2021, 02:10:23 PM »

Imagine dealing with a guy who gets horny on the Main...

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2021, 02:16:37 PM »
I don't get April as a brand at all. The most basic lame board designs possible. Why bother?

+1

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 115
« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2021, 02:24:58 PM »
Has anyone confirmed that Diego isn’t a cyborg? He has zero personality and looks absolutely joyless in everything he does. I think he’ll be riding Weyland Corp boards soon.