Author Topic: Richmond, CA  (Read 959 times)

Ayanami

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 55
Richmond, CA
« on: May 09, 2021, 09:57:04 AM »
Moving up to the Bay Area in the next month, Rich one specifically, and was wondering if any pals from the area had shop recommendations to check out up there.

Also looking for cool parks and spots if anyone has any recommendations for that as well.

Thanks!
i like the tiny headed bear who says nice stuff to everyone.

sweet son of a bitch

• Rep: 62
Re: Richmond, CA
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 10:26:25 AM »
510 is the closest . Breakfree is just in downtown oakland . Taking the highway isn’t to bad . There’s berkely park is close . There’s a street park in Richmond . I like the Benecia park but lately it’s jammed with razors & bikes .

The Big Dawg

• Rep: 11
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2021, 10:42:02 AM »
510 Skateshop in Berkeley and the Berkeley skatepark are great. 510 is one of the best shops in Northern CA in my opinion.

I’ve never been to the Richmond park but it does look super fun. A little town called Crockett is pretty close by and has some really cool looking spots. Oakland courthouse is a great spot. There was a good wall ride spot at a school in Albany, CA but can’t think of the name (not sure if it’s still there).

sweet son of a bitch

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 10:52:38 AM »
510 Skateshop in Berkeley and the Berkeley skatepark are great. 510 is one of the best shops in Northern CA in my opinion.

I’ve never been to the Richmond park but it does look super fun. A little town called Crockett is pretty close by and has some really cool looking spots. Oakland courthouse is a great spot. There was a good wall ride spot at a school in Albany, CA but can’t think of the name (not sure if it’s still there).
What spots are in Crockett ? I live there but go to  the curbs in Concord .

The Big Dawg

• Rep: 11
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2021, 11:10:31 AM »
The one spot in Crockett I always loved is at the fire station (I think?). It’s a downhill spot where you can go over a hydrant on the sidewalk then it leads right to a 2 stair manual pad

https://youtu.be/llPcWPMCpYw

At 2:33

sweet son of a bitch

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2021, 02:57:10 PM »
Oh right ! I heard about  the firehouse once and totally forgot .

Ayanami

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2021, 02:05:54 PM »
Thanks for the responses! Going to check out 510 and the Berkeley skatepark before venturing on into SF to skate.

If any of you dudes frequent those parks, hope to meet you guys in real life soon!

Red Eyed Swimmer

• Rep: 2
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2021, 07:23:26 AM »
Oh right ! I heard about  the firehouse once and totally forgot .
it's right next to the C&H factory

scavenger

• Rep: 2
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2021, 05:46:43 PM »
I'm in Richmond Annex. Welcome to the area!

There's this DIY near me, just off the freeway and south of Central Ave, with a quarter, ledge, rail. It might be a bust, I duno, only skated it once:
https://goo.gl/maps/sZByQX4YcgVhhBaR9

As for parks, Berkeley is ok, but where I mostly go for park fun is Pinole. There's a really nice 3' mini ramp there with a spine, a street area with a ledge and rail, euro and like a 7' wall of tranny. 10-15 minutes from Richmond.

If you find any good spots in actual Richmond, post em here, cause I've been here 4 years and still haven't found any. But I'm pretty spoiled coming from SF/Mission so maybe I've overlooked some gems.

Ayanami

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2021, 09:32:08 AM »
I'm in Richmond Annex. Welcome to the area!

There's this DIY near me, just off the freeway and south of Central Ave, with a quarter, ledge, rail. It might be a bust, I duno, only skated it once:
https://goo.gl/maps/sZByQX4YcgVhhBaR9

As for parks, Berkeley is ok, but where I mostly go for park fun is Pinole. There's a really nice 3' mini ramp there with a spine, a street area with a ledge and rail, euro and like a 7' wall of tranny. 10-15 minutes from Richmond.

If you find any good spots in actual Richmond, post em here, cause I've been here 4 years and still haven't found any. But I'm pretty spoiled coming from SF/Mission so maybe I've overlooked some gems.
Thanks! That’s actually pretty close to where I’m moving too. I’ll try to skate around the area as much as I can and find what I can as well.

I’ll probably end up taking weekend trips to SF to skate over at their parks but who knows, might love the parks in Oakland and Berkeley

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2153
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2021, 02:04:31 AM »
Lower Bobs in Oakland is a hoot, but the rebuild has a lot of taller features, so if you’re more of a blocks/ledges sort of person, maybe not.
Town park is lots of fun, if not densely packed with obstacles.
Emeryville park is an odd, but enjoyable block long strip of concrete with plenty of fun stuff to mess around on.
Alameda’s got a goofy little park with coping that sits far enough in that it is  effectively noping, but I enjoy it. Better still, there’s the USS Hornet bank to curb & slick blocks.
Don’t forget to check out the Rockridge BART skurbs as well.
Come to think of it, if’n you’re into curbs, there’s a couple decent ones at Ashby BART these days as well.
And SF… well it’s just one huge skate playground.
Welcome to the neighborhood.
Holler!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Ayanami

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2021, 03:08:35 PM »
Lower Bobs in Oakland is a hoot, but the rebuild has a lot of taller features, so if you’re more of a blocks/ledges sort of person, maybe not.
Town park is lots of fun, if not densely packed with obstacles.
Emeryville park is an odd, but enjoyable block long strip of concrete with plenty of fun stuff to mess around on.
Alameda’s got a goofy little park with coping that sits far enough in that it is  effectively noping, but I enjoy it. Better still, there’s the USS Hornet bank to curb & slick blocks.
Don’t forget to check out the Rockridge BART skurbs as well.
Come to think of it, if’n you’re into curbs, there’s a couple decent ones at Ashby BART these days as well.
And SF… well it’s just one huge skate playground.
Welcome to the neighborhood.
Holler!
Thank you! Been up here about a week and a half and have been checking out a lot of places but the Berkeley skate park is what is nearest to me.

As for SF, will be checking that out next weekend and having the time of my life for sure in that place.

Thanks again for the recommendations!

charge

• Rep: 17
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2021, 12:32:28 PM »
recently moved to this aprox. area too. i haven't skated in years , but coming from the midwest and seeing all these incredible spots and parks every day make me wanna get back into it. this thread helps too. maybe i'll see some of you guys around after i sort out a new board.

Phantasma Del Mar

• Rep: 7
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2021, 06:49:54 PM »
Just wanted to chime in and agree that imo 510 is the best and Pinole is the most fun park in the area. Wanted to share this with OrganiKarl footage https://youtu.be/VvARvvBCxw0

Ayanami

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2021, 12:51:49 AM »
recently moved to this aprox. area too. i haven't skated in years , but coming from the midwest and seeing all these incredible spots and parks every day make me wanna get back into it. this thread helps too. maybe i'll see some of you guys around after i sort out a new board.
Hell yeah, quite the change for me too. Not having to search far for good skateparks is a change, especially with perfect weather all the time. Hopefully I’ll see you you skating soon

Ayanami

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2021, 12:52:45 AM »
Just wanted to chime in and agree that imo 510 is the best and Pinole is the most fun park in the area. Wanted to share this with OrganiKarl footage https://youtu.be/VvARvvBCxw0
Never seen that video but it’s so good, thanks for sharing! Going to have to check they park out next weekend rnd