Author Topic: Sheckler of alcohol, on celibacy  (Read 12412 times)

duniwayRobber

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -140
  • ?
Re: Sheckler of alcohol, on celibacy
« Reply #90 on: May 10, 2021, 05:21:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Good for Shecks if Jesus and not nutting works for him. I grew up in the church and in my experience the adults that stick around are:

•fuck ups, burn outs and dead enders. Folks who would be complete and total disasters without strict rules to prevent them from destroying their life

•conservative, judgemental people. These people want to push their shit on everyone, are nosy, and love to find ways to trample anyone they see as beneath them

•safe space weirdos and homeschoolers who are terrified of the world and create a protective nest around them. Think kids with transitions lenses and floor length denim skirts. Probably believe in exorcisms and think that nicki minaj/lil nas x, megan the stallion are all demons

•the olds. Walking skeletons who are barely alive but are pounding that dmt button in their brain and are hallucinating that Jesus and Donald trump are doing the predator handshake.

•nice moms. My mom basically. Likes kids, wants to make sure they have a happy and safe upbringing, albeit one that comes with some arbitrary rules later on. Good natured, true believers with sincere principles.

For these people, church can be mostly positive (except for the conservative people who use Jesus as confirmation they're virtuous).

I think that basically church is good for adults, net neutral for kids, and bad for teens. Personally i didn't get any sex ed ever in my life, outside of "don't ever do it, be very ashamed of it, until you're married, then everything will magically be cool and normal and acceptable."  As a result, i had to go through all the shitty embarrassing stuff that most people experience as a kid as an adult. I had a lot of unhealthy conceptions and ideas about what relationships and sex and romance were and it led to a lot of trauma.

But anyways congrats on being a born again virgin Shecks
[close]

Church being net neutral for kids is....way off.

some of the shit that was shoved down my throat at church from 0-16 is the single biggest reason for most of my mental health issues.

Maybe net-neutral when talking about the number that religion fucked up vs. the ones who escaped.

If personal testimony (oh shit, it's coming back) counts, religion wasn't the main extinguisher of my sanity. So that's 1-1.
fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2021, 07:16:18 PM »
Wedding night

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 411

gyros4heroes

• Rep: -20
« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2021, 05:50:20 AM »
I dont know what church is like in the US but where im from its sound as long as you can filter out the bs and keep the good stuff. I am in no way the most religious person nor do i support organised religion, but as long as they dont interfere with me i do not really care. I still go to church to light a candle for the lost ones and for the occasional service. Theres nothing wrong with it and i dont see why anyone should be shamed for his beliefs. Its his life at the end of the day

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2021, 06:33:19 AM »
of course he's going to turn into a religious kook, makes perfect sense

Double Thick Filbert

• Rep: -56
« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2021, 09:00:42 AM »
wtf someone give shecks some LSD while he is still young

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #96 on: May 11, 2021, 09:07:13 AM »
God is wack, sex is not.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2021, 09:43:36 AM »
Is it so hard to admit that , yea im getting older, and that shit is kind of whack as you get old, but nah its ALL thanks to god ...grifters

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #98 on: May 11, 2021, 09:50:58 AM »
Church is worth the money, not wasting money though
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2021, 10:36:03 AM »
Church is worth the money, not wasting money though
thank you

Surf The Earth

• Rep: 19
« Reply #100 on: May 11, 2021, 11:04:14 AM »
There's this story in the bible where King David (explicitly referred to as God's favorite person, which is a weird concept in itself) falls for a married woman.  He begs God for her and God says "Okay, I'll let you have her, but first you gotta do something for me.  You gotta bring me the foreskin of 1000 Philistines."  So David goes out and murders 1000 (presumably innocent) Philistines and brings their dick skin back to God.  Once received, God arranges for the woman's husband (also, presumably innocent) to be killed in battle, thereby freeing her up for David.

IDK, God doesn't really sound like a guy who would give a shit about pre-marital sex.  Religion is weird.

If you are going to use a story to discredit something it would be wise to use the right story. First off King Daivd was not ordered by God to bring 1000 foreskins. He wads ordered by King Saul his predecessor to bring 100 in order for David to marry his Daughter (who was not married). He ended up killing 200 for the King and Married her. The woman who was married was bathsheba and david went AGAINST the will of God By sleeping with her and then killing her husband in battle. God actually sent a prohpet to David for him to repent and because of his disobidience ended up losing a child. Nowhere Did God command david to lay with a married woman and kill her husband....
Proverbs 27:17

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2021, 11:42:49 AM »
The whole “church makes you psychotic” thing is some white people shit. Black church when I grew up was mostly women, gay dudes, and husbands who were guilt tripped into going once every other month.

Pastor would reference a bible verse and then go on long tangents about current events, usually shitting on republicans. The singing was great, some fat lady always caught a fake Holy Ghost. The food afterwards was usually on point then you go on about your day.

I’m not Christian at all, and stopped going around high school, but I wouldn’t call my upbringing traumatic.

Also 4 of the 5 nicest asses I’ve seen was at church so that counts for something.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • tiger style
« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2021, 11:45:24 AM »

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
« Reply #103 on: May 11, 2021, 11:45:37 AM »
Also 4 of the 5 nicest asses I’ve seen was at church so that counts for something.

God Bods. The good stuff is hiding at church.

ish_wav

• Rep: 93
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #104 on: May 11, 2021, 12:06:11 PM »
I don’t know if anyone here was a into metalcore in the mid 2010s but a huge name was Austin Carlile who just so happens to be one of Sheckler’s good friends. He found Jesus a while back and one evening I happened to hop on a live of him and Shecks just talking Jesus. Shecks sounded super genuine and lit up like a kid in a candy store when talking faith. I think it’s cool. Not for me, but good on him for being open about it. Brings a lot of criticism when you’re openly Christian. Definitely not for me, but good for him for being himself.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2021, 12:24:20 PM »
Expand Quote
There's this story in the bible where King David (explicitly referred to as God's favorite person, which is a weird concept in itself) falls for a married woman.  He begs God for her and God says "Okay, I'll let you have her, but first you gotta do something for me.  You gotta bring me the foreskin of 1000 Philistines."  So David goes out and murders 1000 (presumably innocent) Philistines and brings their dick skin back to God.  Once received, God arranges for the woman's husband (also, presumably innocent) to be killed in battle, thereby freeing her up for David.

IDK, God doesn't really sound like a guy who would give a shit about pre-marital sex.  Religion is weird.
[close]

If you are going to use a story to discredit something it would be wise to use the right story. First off King Daivd was not ordered by God to bring 1000 foreskins. He wads ordered by King Saul his predecessor to bring 100 in order for David to marry his Daughter (who was not married). He ended up killing 200 for the King and Married her. The woman who was married was bathsheba and david went AGAINST the will of God By sleeping with her and then killing her husband in battle. God actually sent a prohpet to David for him to repent and because of his disobidience ended up losing a child. Nowhere Did God command david to lay with a married woman and kill her husband....

Yeah but the other dude's story is way cooler.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2021, 12:40:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

They're both batshit crazy. First one defo cooler though.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

companguero

• Rep: 247
  • sesquipedalian
« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2021, 01:10:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Keep this up, then you guys can convene the next Council of Nicaea

Quote from: lazer69
Bitch, I dont got time to be on here reading every post.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2021, 01:13:40 PM »
Expand Quote
It's definitely cool to see he's making healthier life choices and seems happier, but on the other hand it sucks that his newfound outlook is based on barbaric born-again Christian beliefs. He's from the OC right? It was probably inevitable.
[close]

what's so barbaric about them? it seems more helpful than harmful in some cases. live and let live.

Did you really just ask what's so barbaric about Christianity?

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2021, 01:49:05 PM »
The last American town I lived in had three to four FM Jesus channels... it was common to hear the hosts say, "To be a good Christian one has to vote for Trump."

And, Sheck-dog being ultra-born again and his brother being white supremacist isn't much of a shocker... it seems the two are often correlated with one another.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

whaaaaat

• Rep: 49
« Reply #110 on: May 11, 2021, 02:03:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

haha shit - fair enough, that story definitely changed in my mind over time lol.  Been awhile since I cracked the ol' good book open.  My story might be cooler, but yours probably makes the better point.  Look at that fucked up shit David did - yet he was still considered Gods favorite human.  So Shecks might as well get his sex on, God don't really care.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2021, 02:58:31 PM »
The whole “church makes you psychotic” thing is some white people shit. Black church when I grew up was mostly women, gay dudes, and husbands who were guilt tripped into going once every other month.

Pastor would reference a bible verse and then go on long tangents about current events, usually shitting on republicans. The singing was great, some fat lady always caught a fake Holy Ghost. The food afterwards was usually on point then you go on about your day.

I’m not Christian at all, and stopped going around high school, but I wouldn’t call my upbringing traumatic.

This is pretty spot on
Also goes without saying that I'm talking about white evangelical Christianity.

Also perhaps i was being a little too easy on the church with my net neutral statement. Probably due to the fact that none of it was really damaging to me personally until i was like 13 and all the shame and guilt and hating myself began.

k-nutz

• Rep: 49
« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2021, 03:18:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

The story he was trying to use is about Samson in the book of judges.

homegrown83

• Rep: -83
« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2021, 04:34:20 PM »
Slap really is the worst sometimes.

shrimptoastcrunch

« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2021, 04:56:48 PM »
Celibacy is something you would be comfortable arriving at after having enough partners for 40 lifetimes since your balls dropped. I'm sure the idea of waiting for sex with someone you like would be thrilling and refreshing to someone accustomed to a line of girls waiting outside their dressing room.

Doom patrol

• Rep: 70
« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2021, 05:44:20 PM »
Celibacy is something you would be comfortable arriving at after having enough partners for 40 lifetimes since your balls dropped. I'm sure the idea of waiting for sex with someone you like would be thrilling and refreshing to someone accustomed to a line of girls waiting outside their dressing room.
It's like extended edging for Jesus!

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #116 on: May 11, 2021, 05:59:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It's like extended edging for Jesus!
Shecks giving a new meaning to the word edgelord

Highonangeldust

• Rep: 584
« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2021, 04:32:08 PM »
Watched other parts of this interview on youtube and never heard that story of the crazy dude being in love with his little brother Kane and stalking him. The only praise I’ll ever give to Shane is for fucking up that dude when he showed up at their house . 

Wheelbyte

• Rep: -34

skatingisntspecialstupid

• Rep: 57
« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2021, 03:38:22 AM »
Damn. So my understanding after reading this thread is that Shecks is an abstinent Christian who may or may not collect the foreskins of his Gods enemies? Is this accurate?
Don’t dip your head in or your board will end up behind you