Author Topic: Post Your Cruiser  (Read 302566 times)

NYRAD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
  • Dad Reliving my Youth lol
Re: Post Your Cruiser
« Reply #1710 on: May 09, 2021, 01:07:27 AM »
Hey All would love some input on my Cruiser setup got it fro. A local Board maker here that imports Canadian maple and presses them here in Cape Town South Africa

Debating what Truck size to go with , either indy 139 , 149 or Maybe 144s

The back is exactly 8" back Truck and the front trucks 9" and WB of 14.5" length of 31.5"

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 360
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1711 on: May 09, 2021, 08:00:09 AM »
Hey All would love some input on my Cruiser setup got it fro. A local Board maker here that imports Canadian maple and presses them here in Cape Town South Africa

Debating what Truck size to go with , either indy 139 , 149 or Maybe 144s

The back is exactly 8" back Truck and the front trucks 9" and WB of 14.5" length of 31.5"

149ís sound like the most balanced for that. Itís a 8.5inch axle, so right in the middle.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

NYRAD

« Reply #1712 on: May 09, 2021, 10:31:57 AM »
Thanks Guys , pulled some Royals 5.5s 8.5" from my stock as they dont sell as fast as indys and keen to see how they feel as wont be doing any tricks on this setup, got my Girl 8.25" and tensors for That

saltusnaut

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1713 on: May 10, 2021, 12:30:38 AM »
Figured this might be the best place to ask... Can you run OJ Super Mini Juice wheels flipped? Just put some on and they hot rod in the rear a touch and sit flush when flipped. I've never ran offset wheels, so I'm not sure.

Thanks to your question I flipped my mini super juices. I like them better now. Before I flipped them they felt kind of grabby when turning.. Like they wanted too do a tighter turn than I wanted.
Now I'm just scared they will grab on coping and curbs.

Onevia

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1714 on: May 10, 2021, 02:03:01 PM »
Yes, easily.

If they feel weird or anything, you can always put them back on the other way too.
Awesome, thanks man.

Thanks to your question I flipped my mini super juices. I like them better now. Before I flipped them they felt kind of grabby when turning.. Like they wanted too do a tighter turn than I wanted.
Now I'm just scared they will grab on coping and curbs.
Ya, they do feel slightly better flipped with my 169's. I'm surprised OJ hasn't thought about taking the less concave side and turning it into a symmetrical wheel (effectively being a slightly wider Keyframe in 78a).

drinny

« Reply #1715 on: May 10, 2021, 03:08:36 PM »
I flip my Keyframes like this... shallower edge out feels more precise, rolls straight off curbs fine no hanging up

NYRAD

« Reply #1716 on: May 11, 2021, 08:55:34 AM »
Hey all so the Setup is almost done 🤘 just need my wheels but will be Andale Abec 7 bearings i had spare, Royal trucks 8.5" axle
riser pads , Mob Grip , local pressed board just waiting for my Keyframes to arrive now lol