Author Topic: Seeking Good Supportive Skate Shoes  (Read 588 times)

nicky1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
Seeking Good Supportive Skate Shoes
« on: May 06, 2021, 02:45:50 PM »
Hi !

I have been skating the DC OG reissues since I was able to score a pair of the Kalis OG's on clearance around christmas time, and they have been very good. I also managed to get a couple pairs of the OG Lynx after searching everywhere including ebay. Unfortunately, it seems like DC isn't going to be making these reissues available on a regular basis, opting instead for bobs burger quick strikes and other annoying drop styles.

I would love to hear any recommendations you all may have for shoes that you find to be comfortable and supportive. I am built more like a basketball player than a skateboarder, so wearing vans and converse for years has been so shitty for my legs and my back. Anyone skate the newer Es models ? Is the Adidas Forum any good ? The new Tiago $hoe? At this point I've even been checking in on the third revival of Axion shoes in hopes of something that won't murder my feet .

Sorry for the long ass post , and thanks to all who share their thoughts !

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Seeking Good Supportive Skate Shoes
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 01:16:45 AM »
There are a few threads around that cover much the same info, which I will try to find and put as links here, but the most common threads are (even though they are a lot to sift through):

The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=109845.0

Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=47259.0

In the mean time though, do you have any well stocked local shops or places you can go into to try on shoes?  That is usually the best way to work out what fits, what is comfortable, how much padding, etc.

I understand that is often no longer viable with lockdowns and restrictions, but it is the best way to get a really good idea of what is around and what works for you, given that everyone has different opinions on what fits well or how shoes fit their feet.

As far as shoes go, I am more a Vans thin vulc shoe person, but I have tried on and looked at a lot of shoes, the more supportive generally being cup sole, not vulc soles, even Vans AVE has a lot going for it, but brands like DC, Es, Etnies, Emerica, some Vans, some Nike, some Lakai, can all be more padded and supportive as well as adding other insoles if needed too.

Also those I have not tried on but others like include Adidas and New Balance, just not Converse really, most Vans, or any vulc soles as already stated. 

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

nicky1

• Rep: -1
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 03:48:07 AM »
yo thanks !

i have been lurking on the upcoming release thread for a while now, but not seeing a lot that I'm liking . i will definitely check out the "have you skated" thread though.

my local shop has a decent selection but since I live in canada it's mostly stocked with the big3 shoe brands. honestly it's mainly vans and nike. they have some NB# but pretty limited. for a while they had my preferred DC's but the shop homie said they're not planning on shipping any of the heritage models up here for a while.

i guess what i'm getting at is that my local doesn't have much of what i am looking for at the moment and I am looking for alternatives! i'll go check that other thread for now and see if anyone has any insights .

CountryCoral

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 04:54:52 AM »
I'm a big fan of the Tiagos. They are crazy stiff right out of the box, but when they break in they are super comfortable. They have been really durable for me, too.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2021, 06:21:23 AM »
Adidas Tyshawn, DC Maswell, DC Pensford if you like High tops.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2021, 08:22:16 PM »
I think this was the thread I was thinking of:

SUPPORTIVE SKATE SHOES THAT ARENT CHUNKY  (READ 3402 TIMES)

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=110644.0
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Boog

• Rep: 194
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2021, 09:57:47 PM »
Get the etnies Michelin marana. You won't be disappointed.