Author Topic: goopiest loosiest bushings for a cruiser. educate me  (Read 632 times)

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
goopiest loosiest bushings for a cruiser. educate me
« on: November 10, 2021, 09:39:49 PM »
sup playas

I've got some nice ACE 55s for me cruiser and am wondering what are some dope as fuck after market bushing to make this thing surfy as possible. Last time I swapped bushings was some blue doh doh's when I was in high school. What's the deal with goopy bushings today?

If it matters, I weigh 140lbs and ride my regular sled with cracked stock indy bushings, no top cap so the nut is more than finger tight.

thanks homies.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

OldCandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 22
  • cant shuv
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: goopiest loosiest bushings for a cruiser. educate me
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2021, 09:48:47 PM »
well uh

back truck - finger tight, no washers

front truck - bottom bushing, 3 flat washers up top
Nah i skate big boards cause i got big ass feet and a big ass dick

jimgrude

• Rep: 66
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2021, 10:21:00 PM »
I mean, that's my gripe with bones bushings. They have absolutely no rebound or resistance whatsoever when broken in. I'd imagine bones soft with flat washers would be great for this. They'll probably hold up longer than a week as well since it's just for cruising. I hate them with a passion, but I've actually thought about putting some old mushy ones in my 70's setup with Tracker MidTracks.

Bror

• Rep: 23
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2021, 05:13:46 AM »
Im no bushings connoisseur but I love my stock aces. Its a safe bet. Maybe take the top washer off if you want even more loosie goopie.

My friend tried the soft bones, the turn was insane but so was the wheelbite.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2021, 06:22:41 AM »
Bones soft bushings in Ace classic 55s feel fantastic for all of about 20 minutes, then they just fall apart.  I've never gone through bushings so quickly before.  I put some blue doh dohs in right before I took a hiatus for surgery and those seemed to hold up a bit better (meaning they lasted for at least a full session, which was the last time I skated).  Long term durability TBD.

sketchyrider

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2021, 06:25:28 AM »
do bones bushings even fit in aces?

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2021, 07:38:09 AM »
I recently had a set of classic 44s that felt weirdly tight, didn't know what the deal was. Swapped the bottom bushings out for Indy 78a supersofts and it was really nice. Still had great rebound from the stock top.

I know Aces are supposed to have taller bottoms, but the Indy barrel aftermarkets are basically the same hight. If you wanted to put the tops in too, I'm sure it would be extra loose...plus since they are shorter than the stock Ace tops you can probably get them rattly with a flush nut. They are also very durable bushings.

logjammin

• Rep: 314
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2021, 07:45:10 AM »
Indy cylinder bottoms are shorter than Ace bottoms, but the conical Indy bottoms are the same height, if not actually slightly taller than the Ace's.

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Rep: 220
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2021, 07:50:23 AM »
Krux bushings will get them jiggly loose.
Krux bushings without a bottom washer will get you clanky loose.
Or just run them without top bushing. That gets you wheel slap the deck loose.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2021, 07:58:39 AM »
Bones soft bushings in Ace classic 55s feel fantastic for all of about 20 minutes, then they just fall apart.  I've never gone through bushings so quickly before.  I put some blue doh dohs in right before I took a hiatus for surgery and those seemed to hold up a bit better (meaning they lasted for at least a full session, which was the last time I skated).  Long term durability TBD.

I had the blue doh dohs in 95’ and I remember them sticking to one side or the other so bad it was totally distracting. I had to jump on the board and correct the lean every time. But they didn’t squeak at all so they may be nice for a crusier. Are they like how I remember them? Was thinking about getting a yellow set for my Indy’s as Indy stock get so stiff and squeaky in the colder months.

IpathCats

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2021, 10:42:34 AM »
White Indy conical bushings will make it impossible your your trucks to feel tight at all

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -86
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2021, 02:32:47 AM »
sup playas

I've got some nice ACE 55s for me cruiser and am wondering what are some dope as fuck after market bushing to make this thing surfy as possible. Last time I swapped bushings was some blue doh doh's when I was in high school. What's the deal with goopy bushings today?

If it matters, I weigh 140lbs and ride my regular sled with cracked stock indy bushings, no top cap so the nut is more than finger tight.

thanks homies.

Mini Logo soft bushings