Author Topic: SOME GOOD SKATEBOARD WHEELS FOR SKATERS WITH A TIGHT BUDGET  (Read 900 times)

orietremblay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
SOME GOOD SKATEBOARD WHEELS FOR SKATERS WITH A TIGHT BUDGET
« on: September 15, 2021, 12:42:13 AM »
With limited financial ability, many skateboarders think that they can not get a decent set of skateboard wheels and often go for second-hand products or satisfy with the low-quality models. However, there are numerous products on the market with affordable prices and skaters don’t need to sacrifice the quality as with cheap wheels.

According to the review on one of the most popular skateboarding websites named SkateAdvisors, the price of skateboard wheels can range from only $10 to even higher than $50 if you want to own products from prestigious brands. In case you don’t have that much money, you have come to the right place. This post will introduce to you some of the best skateboard wheels at a cost of around $25.

CONCENTRATE OJ WHEELS

When referring to OJ, all skateboarders know about their popularity owing to the good quality of skateboarding components; therefore, skateboard wheels are no exception. They ensure that customers can have smooth rides with the best grip and control ability at just $25. In my opinion, OJ wheels are best for skate park skating and all-around skating.

SPITFIRE SCORCHERS

The next product with the same price as the Concentrate OJ wheels is the Spitfire classic model. No matter which terrain you are about to conquer, Spitfire Scorchers promise you the smoothest ride and a good control ability as the previous product. These wheels are best used for skating at skate parks where the concrete is smooth so that riders won’t come across any issues with the 99A durometer.

DGK STREET FORMULA

With the same expense of $25, skaters can also own the Dirty Ghetto Kids skateboard wheels which are specially designed with the DGK’s Formula for street skating. The most interesting point about this type is the flat-spot resistance thanks to the Urethane special formula.

Like the Spitfire Scorchers, this model is the best for skating at skate parks with smooth ground since the durometer rating is on the harder side of 101A. For some new skateboarders, DGK may be a strange name because they are not a skateboarding wheel company; however, it is undeniable that they have manufactured amazing products with both high quality and the unique DGK logo.

ORBS SPECTERS WHEELS

For any skateboarder who is seeking durability which is one of the most important factors to choose the right skateboard wheels as recommended at SkateAdvisors, read more: https://8tracks.com/skateadvisors, they should definitely check out the Orbs Wheels Specters. The thing I like most about this product is the batwing graphics that are quite eye-catching.

Similar to the models above, Orbs Wheels Specters are hard skateboard wheels with a durometer of 99A and they are also good for skate park performance. However, this product will cost you $26.99 but it doesn’t differ so much from other wheels in this price range.

BONES 100 RINGERS

Now let’s come back to the skateboard wheels that cost exactly $25 - the Bones 100 Ringers. Although it costs the same as the others on this list, these wheels can get the job done for both beginners and pro skaters. For decades, this brand has manufactured numerous high-quality skateboard wheels and gained popularity in the skateboarding industry.

If you are a man of the original formula, the 100’s models are for you. With this product, you can also have flat-spot resistance just as in DGK’s wheels and you even have the extra ability to ride at an insane speed. For all-around skating, I must say this product is worth every penny with the same hardness as the Spitfire Classics which I stated above.

ARE CHEAP SKATEBOARD WHEELS ALL BAD?

It depends on how cheap you are talking about since products costing less than 10 bucks are totally trash. On the other hand, skaters can still own some amazing products with a limited expense of approximately $15.

Hence, don’t waste too much money on skateboard components but try to improve your skills instead. All the wheels on the market nowadays are quite durable so there is no need to worry about their lifespan.

As with many beginner tutorials at SkateAdvisors, find skateadvisors on gravatar, the authors strongly recommend newbies learn to skateboard on cheap wheels since they are going to destroy the wheels in no time. Moreover, a beginner's performance can not be considerably better even if they attach the most luxury wheels.

FINAL WORDS

Whenever you choose a set of skateboard wheels, always remember to consider the durometer and the size (diameter) carefully because these factors mainly affect how well you are going to ride on your skateboard. Learning about the scale of the durometer as well as the suitable type of wheels for your purposes is necessary so skaters should do a bit of research now if they are unsure. Finally, I hope that this post will provide you with the most economical options for choosing decent skateboard wheels.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 04:40:10 AM by orietremblay »

GBLange

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
Re: Independent hollow kingpins
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 04:26:47 AM »
I have a relatively new set of forged hollow independents that have 1 stripped hollow kingpin..

The kingpin nut is spinning in place towards the top of the kingpin.. I can cut that bitch off and attempt to re thread the bold, but I want to see if that's the right thing to do beforehand..

I don't want free shit from NHS.. I'll buy a new hollow kingpin if they are down to sell me one..

I've sent emails/dm's to both the local shop and nhs about it. Busy weekend but I don't feel a reply coming any time soon

why u don't want free 💩 from NHS?

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Independent hollow kingpins
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2021, 11:59:22 PM »

I had a friend with hollow kingpin issues (in Indy, Thunder and a replacement kingpin too) in which the thread stripped where the nut was on, mainly due to bushings being tightened down and the force of landing / skating forcing the kingpin nut up the kingpin, to the point where even a new kingpin nut would just strip and come off after a day or so of skating.

With a bit of help, I was able to almost fix the problem, using a metal brush to get the kingpin nut metal out of the threads of the kingpin and a rethreader to fix the kingpin to some degree, but they were never the same again.

See these two posts below for info from trying to sort them out.  I can add the text from the two posts if you don't have instagram, or help with any other questions too, but hollow kingpins are often much harder to get out than normal ones.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO9wTNRFWIU/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQpPFyflbl-/

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.