Author Topic: Thread for Scene Drama  (Read 6775 times)

Sid Farkus - Bra Salesman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 30
Re: Thread for Scene Drama
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2022, 06:45:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
not long ago one of the locals at my park cussed this dude out and told him he needs to leave and I think she expected everyoen else to have her back - meanwhile none of us knew what it was about and we were in the middle of a mini skate jam event thing, so most people just kinda ignored it and tried to keep things humming. Later on I found out that he had been at a women/queer/safespace skate event and offering unsolicited advice. He wasnt supposed to be there in the first place as a cis hetero dude and when they told him unsolicited advice is rude he got pissy and took cryptic shots at them on instagram. At first glance it kinda seemed like a little trivial argument, but she also clued me in to how guys feeling entitled to womens gratitude/attention for giving them advice in skating is the start of a lot of stories that have a bad ending. Overall I think the dudes pretty cool too, but hopefully he learned something from the experience too
[close]
"park" as in public skate park? So she's trying to boot dude from a public spot for being at another(most likely) public spot and the reason he wasn't allowed was because of his sexual orientation/gender? Very progressive sounding scene
[close]

no you person, it's giving women unsolicited advice and then getting mad when they said they dont want it
well it does say "He wasnt supposed to be there in the first place as a cis hetero dude" makes it sound like he's not allowed based on gender/orientation but it is now revealed that it was a private park so whatever. Trying to boot someone from a public spot for something that happened weeks earlier at a different spot is still weak. Just like saying person as a adult
Free Charlie Rambo

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2022, 07:35:30 AM »
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 617
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2022, 11:37:54 AM »
Not sure if that's scene drama but I need to write it down because I'm sad and pissed. Just called an ambulance after realizing a young girl that was left at the park by her friends might be overdosing. Kept talking to her and she kept kind of losing consciousness. It's not even a sketchy park, there's a playground right next to it. Fuck that :(

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2022, 11:58:10 AM »
Not sure if that's scene drama but I need to write it down because I'm sad and pissed. Just called an ambulance after realizing a young girl that was left at the park by her friends might be overdosing. Kept talking to her and she kept kind of losing consciousness. It's not even a sketchy park, there's a playground right next to it. Fuck that :(

Good thing you were there and acted responsibly. Well done!
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1221
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2022, 07:00:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
not long ago one of the locals at my park cussed this dude out and told him he needs to leave and I think she expected everyoen else to have her back - meanwhile none of us knew what it was about and we were in the middle of a mini skate jam event thing, so most people just kinda ignored it and tried to keep things humming. Later on I found out that he had been at a women/queer/safespace skate event and offering unsolicited advice. He wasnt supposed to be there in the first place as a cis hetero dude and when they told him unsolicited advice is rude he got pissy and took cryptic shots at them on instagram. At first glance it kinda seemed like a little trivial argument, but she also clued me in to how guys feeling entitled to womens gratitude/attention for giving them advice in skating is the start of a lot of stories that have a bad ending. Overall I think the dudes pretty cool too, but hopefully he learned something from the experience too
[close]
"park" as in public skate park? So she's trying to boot dude from a public spot for being at another(most likely) public spot and the reason he wasn't allowed was because of his sexual orientation/gender? Very progressive sounding scene
[close]

no you person, it's giving women unsolicited advice and then getting mad when they said they dont want it
[close]
well it does say "He wasnt supposed to be there in the first place as a cis hetero dude" makes it sound like he's not allowed based on gender/orientation but it is now revealed that it was a private park so whatever. Trying to boot someone from a public spot for something that happened weeks earlier at a different spot is still weak. Just like saying person as a adult
cis spazzed on em !

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 577
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2022, 08:28:37 PM »

That’s super sad. Hope she ends up in a better place.

frontfootimpossible

• Rep: -25
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2022, 07:13:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

I think segregation in skating leads to more polarization and division. Shit is wack. We all skate together. Exposure to other cultures is the best way to create understanding and reduce ignorant racism/ homophobia.

Imagine how fucked up it would be to have skate session and kick out anyone who doesn't fit a certain description. Spare me the victim-mentality, identity politics and inherited guilt shpiel.
Quote from: Slap MessageBoards
frontfootimpossible,

You have received a warning for posting offensive material. Please cease these activities and abide by the forum rules otherwise we will take further action.

Regards,
The Slap MessageBoards Team.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2022, 11:38:03 AM »
The younger guys at the local never offer any mushrooms and they frequently have bags of them getting around in plain sight.

have you considered asking politely for some? if I was balls deep on some boomers, or even just had some, and someone asked for some I'd happily share.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2022, 02:44:47 PM »
Can’t help but think this thread was custom made for somebody like that alwayslandbolts kid.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2022, 03:26:44 PM »
Expand Quote
camel_filters does switch tre flips when we play skate and he knows I have no shot but he does them anyway its enough to make you sick
[close]
@camel filters, you a major asshole for that,especially since you KNOW he doesn't have those in his bag.  ;)
Also, could you send me some how-to pointers? 'Cause I want to beat @JohnnyBoy  at a game of SKATE too, but I know I don't stand a chance, as it is.
hahaha I feel like a grandpa who hasn't figured out how to check for mentions because I just saw this. Sorry @JohnnyBoy ! I probably lost them by now anyways.

@Lou Strux when I could do them, the trick was to use your jump as the scoop. Don't know if that makes sense but I tried to concentrate the energy of the jump as the point of scoop. And after that just try to stay above and hopefully the board will be on the right side up.

Baglady

• Rep: -200
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2022, 08:42:10 PM »
Someone has been threatening my homie via sharpie messages on the ledge at the skate park. Homie banged the wrong persons BM. Now he won’t even answer calls to skate. The scene is fucked in general. Fools don’t care about bro code or nothing.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2022, 11:28:59 PM »
Expand Quote
So John doesn’t like Bill anymore because he thinks he’s got the oogly googly eyes for his girl, but meanwhile Bill’s like “what I don’t even like yo bitch” and then I’m like dude it’s 2022 you can’t refer to women with those crass words anymore but now she overhears this and dontcha know I think she’s got a little something for me.  Now I wouldn’t tell that to either of those two knuckleheads but I did tell it to Kevin who I think stole like 3 cigarettes from Gary but that’s a whole ‘nother story but anyways I’m like “Hey Kevin I think Louise has a thing for me because I showed my chivalric side to her” and this dumb motherfucker is like “what the fuck does chivalric mean?” and I’m like dude read a fucking book for once in your fucking life.  He thought I was talking about my scrotum or some shit and I’m like no dude it’s got nothing to do with scrotums; it’s about like some idealized code of conduct from the middle ages I’m pretty sure.  So then he’s like “oh I thought you showed her your nutsack, my bad”.  So this dumbass goes and tells Gary’s sister who knows Bill’s mom because they work at the same tire shop as John’s baby mama and if “loose lips sink ships”, she’d be the German U boats in WWI just wrecking shit because she’s the biggest gossip in town so now I’m here thinking “gee I wish I never said that” because you KNOW it’s going to get back to John and now he’s probably not going to want to skate because he thinks there’s some sort of mass conspiracy just like when he thought he was getting abducted by aliens even though that was when he was drinking like 2 bottles of cough medicine trying to get a cheap trip which, I’m not a doctor, but I think is probably doing some sort of damage to your internal organs, I mean the guy called 911 on that cough syrup one time talking about the manta rays coming to get him.
[close]
This must be one of the best posts I've seen here.

bssmithslide

• Rep: -41
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2022, 04:38:14 AM »
We currently have the battle of the boom box going on here, the one participant has been in town for the past year and has been the reigning boom box champ sense he's arrived, the problem came when the former champ came back to town half a decade hiatus from the sport.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2022, 06:13:56 AM »
Someone has been threatening my homie via sharpie messages on the ledge at the skate park.

spicysk8rboi

• Rep: 4
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2022, 06:56:42 AM »
Got two shops beefing and it’s the wackiest thing ever. It’s completely unwarranted, they’re 30 minutes from each other, no one is taking any business away from the other. Gotten to the point where people who rep the different shops tell each other not to come to the mutual diy or park.

streetmeat

• Rep: 170
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2022, 08:16:53 AM »
The Resident Old Head who brings his Dewalt radio to the park and plays anything ranging from Social Distortion to ICP to Godsmack at full volume for hours. Nice guy, but I don't need to hear this shit at noon on a Tuesday.

somefucker

« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2022, 08:50:54 AM »
ok but where is the thread for scene Comedy

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1095
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2022, 08:58:29 AM »
I'm far too old for scene drama, but one reason why I always shrug off the endless "support your local skateshop" shit is because every few weeks there's another accusation of sexual assault from one of the employees, shop owner, or hangers-on from around the shop, and then there's endless politicking because someone supports the accuser over their shitty homie who live in a Rape Castle, with eight other skaters with allegations of assault hanging over them.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

milk.razor

• Rep: 11
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2022, 09:47:56 AM »
The Resident Old Head who brings his Dewalt radio to the park and plays anything ranging from Social Distortion to ICP to Godsmack at full volume for hours. Nice guy, but I don't need to hear this shit at noon on a Tuesday.
i take this guy over pop punk guy any day..
please stop, pop punk guy. i’m begging you
No fun allowed. Also get your phone out and film this for my insta edit. Also don’t breath too loud. Bitch.

Coping Grinder

• Rep: 16
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2022, 10:20:01 AM »

notgoodatmeth

Gasstationgarry

• Rep: 0
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2022, 02:12:20 PM »
no kids smoke cigarettes anymore so I can't coerce them from giving me a smoke from the pack they stole from their parents like my skatepark forefathers did to me
blob:https://imgur.com/99a29482-a4b4-4bd4-935b-d63d9db0e647

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2022, 02:17:52 PM »
I'm far too old for scene drama, but one reason why I always shrug off the endless "support your local skateshop" shit is because every few weeks there's another accusation of sexual assault from one of the employees, shop owner, or hangers-on from around the shop, and then there's endless politicking because someone supports the accuser over their shitty homie who live in a Rape Castle, with eight other skaters with allegations of assault hanging over them.

A rape castle??? You mean, "jail?"

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2022, 03:15:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

I think segregation in skating leads to more polarization and division. Shit is wack. We all skate together. Exposure to other cultures is the best way to create understanding and reduce ignorant racism/ homophobia.

Imagine how fucked up it would be to have skate session and kick out anyone who doesn't fit a certain description. Spare me the victim-mentality, identity politics and inherited guilt shpiel.

Happens all the time. Skaters are cliquey as fuck. Or territorial. Doing it to poseurs, longboarders, rollerbladers, people who don’t fit in.
Don’t act like we’re all one happy family.

As for marginal groups who have been excluded for so long they want to experience what we take for granted (a tight community of people they relate to) , I don’t have a problem.

The communities will naturally mix, there are only so many spots.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 129
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2022, 06:40:04 PM »
please stop, pop punk guy. i’m begging you

I approve this message

bssmithslide

• Rep: -41
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2022, 11:52:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Happens all the time. Skaters are cliquey as fuck. Or territorial. Doing it to poseurs, longboarders, rollerbladers, people who don’t fit in.
Don’t act like we’re all one happy family.

As for marginal groups who have been excluded for so long they want to experience what we take for granted (a tight community of people they relate to) , I don’t have a problem.

The communities will naturally mix, there are only so many spots.

all of those things are choices so it's not really the same thing unless your one of the mysgoenists who think being gay is a choice.

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2022, 12:23:27 AM »
Not really drama per se, but I wonder why people who've been sitting down for an hour suddenly get up and skate when someone outside their group shows up?

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2022, 12:33:27 AM »
So John doesn’t like Bill anymore because he thinks he’s got the oogly googly eyes for his girl, but meanwhile Bill’s like “what I don’t even like yo bitch” and then I’m like dude it’s 2022 you can’t refer to women with those crass words anymore but now she overhears this and dontcha know I think she’s got a little something for me.  Now I wouldn’t tell that to either of those two knuckleheads but I did tell it to Kevin who I think stole like 3 cigarettes from Gary but that’s a whole ‘nother story but anyways I’m like “Hey Kevin I think Louise has a thing for me because I showed my chivalric side to her” and this dumb motherfucker is like “what the fuck does chivalric mean?” and I’m like dude read a fucking book for once in your fucking life.  He thought I was talking about my scrotum or some shit and I’m like no dude it’s got nothing to do with scrotums; it’s about like some idealized code of conduct from the middle ages I’m pretty sure.  So then he’s like “oh I thought you showed her your nutsack, my bad”.  So this dumbass goes and tells Gary’s sister who knows Bill’s mom because they work at the same tire shop as John’s baby mama and if “loose lips sink ships”, she’d be the German U boats in WWI just wrecking shit because she’s the biggest gossip in town so now I’m here thinking “gee I wish I never said that” because you KNOW it’s going to get back to John and now he’s probably not going to want to skate because he thinks there’s some sort of mass conspiracy just like when he thought he was getting abducted by aliens even though that was when he was drinking like 2 bottles of cough medicine trying to get a cheap trip which, I’m not a doctor, but I think is probably doing some sort of damage to your internal organs, I mean the guy called 911 on that cough syrup one time talking about the manta rays coming to get him.

Shout out to manta rays.
IG: @flowterspace

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2022, 12:49:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Shout out to manta rays.
Shout out to thorts; you know the vibe.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 583
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2022, 01:17:10 PM »
Not really drama per se, but I wonder why people who've been sitting down for an hour suddenly get up and skate when someone outside their group shows up?

It’s a display of one’s virility, to attract a mate.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.