Author Topic: nakel lotties rant  (Read 178761 times)

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
  • You better shut up, Don
Re: nakel lotties rant
« Reply #480 on: May 26, 2021, 11:07:23 AM »
Expand Quote
its not important if your english is good.

fuck Lotties.

and the guy who posts free max b under every post is as mental ill as me
[close]

Hey there guy you got a phone number id love to get you on the horn here to see if we cant work this out for yahhhh

free max b

$50 for a zoom call, maybe?
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #481 on: May 26, 2021, 11:13:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
its not important if your english is good.

fuck Lotties.

and the guy who posts free max b under every post is as mental ill as me
[close]

Hey there guy you got a phone number id love to get you on the horn here to see if we cant work this out for yahhhh

free max b
[close]

$50 for a zoom call, maybe?

Hey pal maybe you'd like to take a look at my flamethrower, Ill bring my flamethrower in there and we can get this uhh figured out, IM fired up

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #482 on: May 26, 2021, 11:22:22 AM »
Did Lotties fall victim to rising rent prices and get gentrified out of the neighborhood?   

Wonder what they’ll do about that Last Resort x Lotties collab

notmikerusczyk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #483 on: May 26, 2021, 11:25:30 AM »

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1326
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #484 on: May 26, 2021, 11:51:36 AM »
I lived in and on West Adams in 07. This gentrifier take is wild. Yes Lotties is Crenshaw and Baldwin Hills adjacent but West Adams is it's own neighborhood. The fact of the matter is that there literally wasn't anything over there before it started getting redeveloped. I lived above a white-owned western wear shop that had no storefront. None of the business, primarily furniture shops, had any kinda store front and it was hard to tell if they were still in business or not. 3 convenience stores, 2 laundromats. If you wanted any kinda restaurant food you had to go down to Crenshaw Blvd or further down LaBrea to the Baldwin Hills shopping centers where there were a handful of fast food joints. Only grocery stores were in that same shopping center. The guy across the street from me had roosters and they would do their thing at sun up every morning.

I tried to imagine what that neighborhood used to be when I lived there but I couldn't come up with anything. It was basically an industrial strip that had tract housing built up around it. People definitely still lived in those houses and they were nicely kept up so it didn't look like they were struggling but they also were for sure not being served by that weird little stretch of land. I know it's pretty yupped out now and that's part of the reason I haven't ever been back over there but the surrounding communities are probably getting more out of it now then they were 10 years ago.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

conqueso

« Reply #485 on: May 26, 2021, 12:20:43 PM »

Damn nak lookin like some kind of rabid animal lmao

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
« Reply #486 on: May 26, 2021, 12:52:45 PM »
Damn this should have been just posted in "lame Instagram posts buy pro's" prob would have been a page or two of comments.

Ayanami

• Rep: 55
« Reply #487 on: May 26, 2021, 12:53:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
nak deleted the post but he did tweet this https://twitter.com/revolutionnak/status/1397427093433044992?s=21
[close]

He refers to himself on Twitter as Na-Kel ALLAH and his handle is ‘RevolutionNak’ ? I can’t with this dude anymore
[close]
I really thought he couldn't be a bigger pseudo intellectual fuck stick. Any time I see younger folks tweet or post about the revolution, or radical social change, I cringe. Most have absolutely no idea what they are talking about, and just regurgitate what they see on social media.
[close]

What’s actually cringe is older people dismissing passionate young people.  Every revolutionary you can think of started in their late teens early 20s Fred Hampton was murdered at 21.
i like the tiny headed bear who says nice stuff to everyone.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #488 on: May 26, 2021, 01:05:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
nak deleted the post but he did tweet this https://twitter.com/revolutionnak/status/1397427093433044992?s=21
[close]

He refers to himself on Twitter as Na-Kel ALLAH and his handle is ‘RevolutionNak’ ? I can’t with this dude anymore
[close]
I really thought he couldn't be a bigger pseudo intellectual fuck stick. Any time I see younger folks tweet or post about the revolution, or radical social change, I cringe. Most have absolutely no idea what they are talking about, and just regurgitate what they see on social media.
[close]

What’s actually cringe is older people dismissing passionate young people.  Every revolutionary you can think of started in their late teens early 20s Fred Hampton was murdered at 21.
[close]

And what the fuck does that have to do with Nakel, aside from showing you watched Judas and the Black Messiah?   Tell me one thing that Nakel stands for that makes him revolutionary or has any coherent thoughts or ideologies.

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #489 on: May 26, 2021, 01:39:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Except Nak isn’t a revolutionary, he’s just an asshole

And we’re not dismissive, we’re passionate about pointing out the fact that he’s an asshole

also the same age as Nak so not that old yo

SmilingBoy

• Rep: 12
« Reply #490 on: May 26, 2021, 01:44:30 PM »
Maybe Lotties is just moving? Seems strange to close for good so suddenly.

squippy

• Rep: -65
« Reply #491 on: May 26, 2021, 02:14:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

cringe

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #492 on: May 26, 2021, 02:57:48 PM »

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #493 on: May 26, 2021, 03:40:57 PM »
So Nakel said things about a shop people didn’t like...or is there something bigger that I’m missing?

dannyprovolone

« Reply #494 on: May 26, 2021, 03:49:17 PM »
Expand Quote
So Nakel said things about a shop people didn’t like...or is there something bigger that I’m missing?
[close]

if you believe the grapevine... nak personally directed the bloods and crips to assault everyone they saw wearing a Lotties t shirt. Brian Lotti (owner of Lotties) had to preemptively go out of business to avoid both legal liability and a gangland hit on himself.  Sad story, but the consensus is - Nak is the villain (as usual)

greenlight on lotties

TheDingus

« Reply #495 on: May 26, 2021, 03:56:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

if you believe the grapevine... nak personally directed the bloods and crips to assault everyone they saw wearing a Lotties t shirt. Brian Lotti (owner of Lotties) had to preemptively go out of business to avoid both legal liability and a gangland hit on himself.  Sad story, but the consensus is - Nak is the villain (as usual)

Imagine Brian Lotti owning a skate shop.

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #496 on: May 26, 2021, 04:02:50 PM »
Expand Quote
^ Arguing with the shopkeep about whether a certain shoe was cupsole or whatever? Now this is the Ultimate Cool Guy
[close]

Someone about my age was explaining to the employee that he just had ankle surgery and needed a shoe that was more supportive. To which the employee suggested the lakai owen because it was a cupsole.

Me overhearing, corrected them. Because it isn't and that person definitely should be informed as to not fuck up their ankle further. Especially during recovery.

The shop owner jumped in and insisted that they were 100% a cupsole. Dude got literally red in the face as he was defending this. I apologized and left.

No argument, just some grown babies who are too proud to admit when they've made a mistake.

This story is extra awesome because if this was recently, then it probably was the cupsole Owen.  ;D

https://www.lakai.com/products/owen-vlk-black-suede-ms3180232a03

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #497 on: May 26, 2021, 04:05:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

LMFAO
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #498 on: May 26, 2021, 04:12:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^ Arguing with the shopkeep about whether a certain shoe was cupsole or whatever? Now this is the Ultimate Cool Guy
[close]

Someone about my age was explaining to the employee that he just had ankle surgery and needed a shoe that was more supportive. To which the employee suggested the lakai owen because it was a cupsole.

Me overhearing, corrected them. Because it isn't and that person definitely should be informed as to not fuck up their ankle further. Especially during recovery.

The shop owner jumped in and insisted that they were 100% a cupsole. Dude got literally red in the face as he was defending this. I apologized and left.

No argument, just some grown babies who are too proud to admit when they've made a mistake.
[close]

This story is extra awesome because if this was recently, then it probably was the cupsole Owen.  ;D

It was 2017ish and what you linked are vulcs. What do you think VLK stands for?

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 988
« Reply #499 on: May 26, 2021, 04:15:17 PM »
very like kupsole

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #500 on: May 26, 2021, 04:29:56 PM »
More like Lessi

BugleBites

« Reply #501 on: May 26, 2021, 05:13:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

That's what I thought too until they arrived at the shop. The outsole is molded to look like a vulc but there's no wrap. It's one of those cupsole/vulc hybrid shoes, which is actually a cupsole with thin sidewalls similar to a vulc wrap. Vulcanized construction is a very specific process involving bonding the sole to the upper with the foxing, which these do not have. They are still heat bonded, but not with a vulcanization process.

Here's a review that shows/explains it well. But if it was 2017, then yes, it was the vulc version.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #502 on: May 26, 2021, 05:41:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

That's what I thought too until they arrived at the shop. The outsole is molded to look like a vulc but there's no wrap. It's one of those cupsole/vulc hybrid shoes, which is actually a cupsole with thin sidewalls similar to a vulc wrap. Vulcanized construction is a very specific process involving bonding the sole to the upper with the foxing, which these do not have. They are still heat bonded, but not with a vulcanization process.

Here's a review that shows/explains it well. But if it was 2017, then yes, it was the vulc version.

They haven't changed - they were VLK in 2017 as well.

It literally says in the description they are vulcanized. The process of creating the vulcanized sole might be different from traditional vulcs, but it's a vulcanized shoe nonetheless.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #503 on: May 26, 2021, 06:05:43 PM »
Where could this thread go next? The possibilities are endless
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #504 on: May 26, 2021, 06:30:49 PM »
If anyone wants me to kick their ass for kickflipping an unhoused person out at West Adams*, Ill be at Lotties buying a bunch of shit on Saturday to support them during these trying times.

**please see Austin Kingfisher Out There post
ok thanks

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #505 on: May 26, 2021, 06:37:27 PM »
saw brian lotti buying a breakfast sando at my corner deli last year. didnt feel like talking to anyone tho it was 6am, but i live  far from anything "cool" in brooklyn (deep N line) so it was fried seeing him out here. thought he lived in hawaii

free max b
FREE MAX B

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #506 on: May 26, 2021, 06:42:01 PM »
Their Instagram bio simply says “Closed” now.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #507 on: May 26, 2021, 06:47:59 PM »
Their Instagram bio simply says “Closed” now.

I was thinking that just meant they were closing down their IG for a minute.
ok thanks

Jagr

• Rep: 116
« Reply #508 on: May 26, 2021, 06:52:08 PM »
Where could this thread go next? The possibilities are endless

BugleBites

« Reply #509 on: May 26, 2021, 06:53:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

They haven't changed - they were VLK in 2017 as well.

It literally says in the description they are vulcanized. The process of creating the vulcanized sole might be different from traditional vulcs, but it's a vulcanized shoe nonetheless.

Yup, read that too. Notice they say a classic take on modern vulcanization... you understood what I said about how vulcanization is a process, not what the bottom piece of the sole is called, right?

I have the remake of the Herman G-Code with a similar sole. Looks like a vulc but it's actually a cupsole. These shoes are classified as hybrids, whatever that means. I'm not confident enough to just call them vulcs, especially since I've held the Owen VLK and tried it on - feels and looks like a cup. It would be cool to hear from someone directly involved in the manufacturing what they classify it as... it seems to be one piece, which would mean it's not a vulc. The foxing tape bonding process is literally what vulcanization is.

Anyway, we tell customers it's a cupsole. Haha. That would be funny if we were wrong all along. Now I really wanna know!