Author Topic: nakel lotties rant  (Read 178575 times)

alex

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 34
Re: nakel lotties rant
« Reply #570 on: May 27, 2021, 01:23:13 PM »
Can we change the thread title to Lotties Skateshop Has Been Stopped?

A skateshop no longer preferred
Suns out, im going skating. chow

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1296
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #571 on: May 27, 2021, 01:44:04 PM »
Mike is fine but I feel bad for the kids in that area that hung out in the shop. Not worried about Mike. Baker and I'm sure half the industry has his back. The locals are really who suffers if its indeed a wrap. Thinking back on it, it was weird that half of those Lotties vids featured ppl from other states and countries who often had other shop sponsors. Wish all the hype around that place translated to a shop that remained a staple for the locals.

Red Eyed Swimmer

• Rep: 2
« Reply #572 on: May 27, 2021, 02:02:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
so lotties is closed for good because of nak?
[close]

Yeah because brian lotties dog bit off nickels 3 middle fingers leaving him with a perma shaka of sorts
[close]

Lotties went bankrupt because of primitive credit card holds
what's a credit card hold?

dannyprovolone

« Reply #573 on: May 27, 2021, 02:31:26 PM »
I dunno man I'd be pretty embarrassed if twothousandnakteen destroyed my business

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #574 on: May 27, 2021, 02:40:56 PM »
Surprised adidas hasn't dropped him yet

Also, who is running Adidas skateboarding? Who selected that awkward team? Who the fuck decided to put snoop dogg in the full length and put together that terrible movie? Adidas skateboarding is a fucking joke

Adidas team seems pretty normal and solid to me. some legends, some skater choice guys, some guys who are just real good, Nora, a bunch of non-americans for markets where Adidas is top , etc. the only guy that seems out of place is Frankie Spears but idk that much about him , maybe it makes sense.

Yes like Mark Gonzales who's responsible for starting that up and who happened to discovery Brent Atchley at Burnside when he flew in from overseas to do it. Also theres that MJ guy. Oh and Daewon Song and bunch of younger cats that shred. Also Adidas has always had street cred all the way back from Run DMC days in the 80's.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2248
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #575 on: May 27, 2021, 02:41:02 PM »
who has the inside scoop on the reasons why lotties is closing???

Heard he opened a Nike account and they shipped him a bunch of stuff he didn't want and then they took his account away before he could even sell any of it. Classic Nike, always trying to shut down skateshops.

For real though, huge blow to skateboarding if he's closed permanently. Undoubtedly one of the best skateshops of all time.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #576 on: May 27, 2021, 02:58:06 PM »
Expand Quote

Also, who is running Adidas skateboarding? Who selected that awkward team? Who the fuck decided to put snoop dogg in the full length and put together that terrible movie? Adidas skateboarding is a fucking joke
[close]

Expand Quote
Adidas team seems pretty normal and solid to me. some legends, some skater choice guys, some guys who are just real good, Nora, a bunch of non-americans for markets where Adidas is top , etc. the only guy that seems out of place is Frankie Spears but idk that much about him , maybe it makes sense.
[close]

Yes like Mark Gonzales who's responsible for starting that up and who happened to discovery Brent Atchley at Burnside when he flew in from overseas to do it. Also theres that MJ guy. Oh and Daewon Song and bunch of younger cats that shred. Also Adidas has always had street cred all the way back from Run DMC days in the 80's.

gonz, who grew up in huntington, flew in from the foreign country of nyc to discover brent atchley, who skated for nike already, and recruited him to..not skate for adidas. seems clear cut to me

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #577 on: May 27, 2021, 02:59:31 PM »
Mike is fine but I feel bad for the kids in that area that hung out in the shop. Not worried about Mike. Baker and I'm sure half the industry has his back. The locals are really who suffers if its indeed a wrap. Thinking back on it, it was weird that half of those Lotties vids featured ppl from other states and countries who often had other shop sponsors. Wish all the hype around that place translated to a shop that remained a staple for the locals.

That’s always been my thoughts as well. It’s a lot harder for kids especially in that area to come up with all the obstacles they face only for a out of town hooked up dude to get the vid exposure on a national level. At least he gave them jobs and got em exposure in lookbooks for collabs for the time it was around if it’s truly done.

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 667
« Reply #578 on: May 27, 2021, 03:01:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

gonz, who grew up in huntington, flew in from the foreign country of nyc to discover brent atchley, who skated for nike already, and recruited him to..not skate for adidas. seems clear cut to me

Yo @KGB if you want your hot takes to hit like resident clown fs180 you might consider calling the previous poster a racist

KGB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #579 on: May 27, 2021, 03:02:30 PM »

[/quote]

yup. He was living overseas at the time actually and saw Brent skating Burnside when he was a still a little kid, saw something in him and flowed him boards without letting him even know about it. He would send the boards to a local shop and it was kept secret that he was actually getting free flow from Mark.  Believe it because it's true.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #580 on: May 27, 2021, 03:06:01 PM »

Yo @KGB if you want your hot takes to hit like resident clown fs180 you might consider calling the previous poster a racist
[/quote]

Nothing Hot about it these are just facts.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #581 on: May 27, 2021, 03:08:54 PM »
cool though that Brent Atchley is in this thread now. I mean, why not?  I heard Atchley was the big wig at Nike who told Nakel to cancel Brian Lotti's Nike account...

I think your on to something here

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 768
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #582 on: May 27, 2021, 03:09:29 PM »
that's pretty cool that Gonz undercover- flowed preteen Atchley adidas boards

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #583 on: May 27, 2021, 03:19:42 PM »

I feel this, but is there really a shortage of skateshops in LA?

That’s not rhetorical, I’m genuinely asking. I Google’d LA skateshops and lots came up but I’m also aware LA is pretty spread out. Are the others lame or something?

Ayanami

• Rep: 55
« Reply #584 on: May 27, 2021, 03:23:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
so lotties is closed for good because of nak?
[close]

Yeah because brian lotties dog bit off nickels 3 middle fingers leaving him with a perma shaka of sorts
[close]

Lotties went bankrupt because of primitive credit card holds
[close]
what's a credit card hold?
It’s the other way keeping Primitive afloat besides Sriracha and Ramen collabs.
i like the tiny headed bear who says nice stuff to everyone.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1326
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #585 on: May 27, 2021, 03:48:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That’s not rhetorical, I’m genuinely asking. I Google’d LA skateshops and lots came up but I’m also aware LA is pretty spread out. Are the others lame or something?
Unless I'm sleeping on a gem, the Westside is not great. Lots of surf, bike longboard type deals. Then you have places where they can consistently move Baker or DLX product so that's about all they get in. Lotties wasn't even technically west but it was so close that it still counts. Maybe it's a real estate thing. The last place that looked like it could really be something was Courthouse and they've been gone a while I think.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #586 on: May 27, 2021, 04:04:19 PM »
21 pages damn. Anyone feel like giving me a recap of this thread? I heard the shop closed?

filmermannie

• Rep: 4
« Reply #587 on: May 27, 2021, 04:11:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

off top skate shop is up next

https://www.instagram.com/offtopskate/

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #588 on: May 27, 2021, 04:12:38 PM »
You’ll have to be specific. Would you like to know about Nakel calling out the shop, the art of being “cool guyed”, vulk vs cupsole, rumors of lotties closing? This thread has it all and more.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1065
« Reply #589 on: May 27, 2021, 04:21:26 PM »
21 pages damn. Anyone feel like giving me a recap of this thread? I heard the shop closed?

Nakel ‘green lit’ Lotties for not giving away free product.

@Atiba Applebum determined he looks like a wookie.

@Pete thinks he should just move to Rip and Dip and fade off into obscurity.

Then 15 pages later @BugleBites (poster formerly known as glumps (sp?) and @Seadramon had it out over whether the Lakai Owen is a vulk or a cup sole. I believe it ended with both conceding that it is a hybrid.

There was some other discussion but I believe I covered the highlights.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #590 on: May 27, 2021, 04:24:49 PM »

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #591 on: May 27, 2021, 04:37:00 PM »

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #593 on: May 27, 2021, 04:50:43 PM »
You’ll have to be specific. Would you like to know about Nakel calling out the shop, the art of being “cool guyed”, vulk vs cupsole, rumors of lotties closing? This thread has it all and more.
Expand Quote
[close]

Then 15 pages later @BugleBites (poster formerly known as glumps (sp?) and @Seadramon had it out over whether the Lakai Owen is a vulk or a cup sole. I believe it ended with both conceding that it is a hybrid.

Lol thanks. Why did Lotties close?

Rubbrick

• Rep: 140
« Reply #594 on: May 27, 2021, 05:01:53 PM »
Who wore it best?

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #595 on: May 27, 2021, 05:13:54 PM »
so, they had to close their shop down from being able to supply kids with product because someone “famous” got upset about them not giving away product for free...? mission accomplished, no? also, did he also say “since they wanna be stingy anyone who want some free product come meet me here and i’ll hook you up”.... oh... also a no? hmm. so what exactly was accomplished here and what was the goal? i guess i’m confused...

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #596 on: May 27, 2021, 05:25:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ewok

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 772
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image

nothing's been the since same

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #598 on: May 27, 2021, 05:30:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Ewok

Ewok Crypto currency to be more specific

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
  • Free Max B
« Reply #599 on: May 27, 2021, 05:33:52 PM »
just want to clear this up:

lotties did not close BECAUSE of nickels incoherent ramblings. if anything it started with someone around nak irl saying something regarding the shop closing, and nickel being like "SO WHAT BRO THEY NEVER GAVE ME AND MY ANNOYING FRIENDS FREE SHIT JUST FOR EXISTING SO FUCK EM ANYWAY" type shit then starting burning lotties gear on live.

dude really peaked about 3 years ago. it wont be long before hes talking shit on ave and or dill at 3 am then deleting it thinking hes all good only to find out the only sponsor he has left is his fake bolt company and thunder. life really comes at you fast when "your steam is no longer a turd" or whatever he was yelling.

kid needs help

free max b
FREE MAX B