Author Topic: nakel lotties rant  (Read 178632 times)

h00man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
Re: nakel lotties rant
« Reply #840 on: June 08, 2021, 01:45:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Finally someone talkin bout Lotties tryin to stop black owned Neighbors Skate Shop from openin by hatin on em to every rep in the industry. Lotties dude is a kook. Most of the locals in South LA agree. Y'all just not from here and can't look past the "cool" vans collabs. Go get your boards from Neighbors. They the real deal.
[close]
get off slap nak
[close]
you wish bitch but good job at avoidin what I said
[close]

How do you feel you are being portrayed in all of this Nak?

Nak how was filming with jonah hill?
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

fs180

• Rep: -267
« Reply #841 on: June 08, 2021, 02:17:17 AM »
Independently from what is the actual issue with Lotties, the way Nakel is trying to solve the problem is a fruitless way.
Life is not a rap music video, and if he actually wants to help the scene he should act in a constructive way, not a destructive way.
I think he needs help.

life is not a rap music video

the award for this years "IM FUCKING WHITE" goes to you congrats

everyone stop acting like all the problems you've had in your life were solved by your insanely grown and
always right sense of mind and you huge brain. you are imperfect too let him solves his stuff the way he wants.

thank.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #842 on: June 08, 2021, 03:48:54 AM »
Somebody gotta come through with more details than just "trying to block other skateshops." Someone said he was talking shit to reps about Neighbors... what could he have said? If Lotties is funded by family money, why would he worry about competing with another shop? Is that fact alone the thing that Nak is taking an issue with? If there is more to the story, I would like to see some proof.

And I don't care who you are or where you're from, condemning violence and robbing is not racist. I highly doubt his original post said, "Stay away from ______ park, the black kids who skate there are going to rob you." Did he ever actually target any individuals, or did he just say stay away from the park where people have been getting jumped? And yeah people get jumped at skateparks, but what's the better response: "it happens" or "watch your back and stay away." If your local is dangerous, just fuckin accept it and agree with the "stay safe" message or do something about it rather than rip up the shirts because someone pointed it out.

Nak is really doubling down and in the comments on IG, if he has something actual to say I wish he'd just say it. Vague tidbits followed by "and there you have it!" isn't really doin it. We need details, Nak, nitty gritty details.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #843 on: June 08, 2021, 05:10:12 AM »

does he have a proofreader now ?
feel me ?

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #844 on: June 08, 2021, 06:05:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Finally someone talkin bout Lotties tryin to stop black owned Neighbors Skate Shop from openin by hatin on them to every rep in the skate industry. Lotties dude is a kook. Most of the locals in South LA will agree. Y'all just not from here and can't look past the "cool" vans collabs to see the truth. Go get your shit from Neighbors from now on. They the real deal.
[close]

Mike Lottie being a 1 percenter from a family full of LA real estate brokers and developers make this seem like there is more to this story than just dumb skate shop beef.

None of this is true. His family is from Marin County, and his parents owned and operated a children's book store in Oakland.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1213
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #845 on: June 08, 2021, 06:11:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Finally someone talkin bout Lotties tryin to stop black owned Neighbors Skate Shop from openin by hatin on them to every rep in the skate industry. Lotties dude is a kook. Most of the locals in South LA will agree. Y'all just not from here and can't look past the "cool" vans collabs to see the truth. Go get your shit from Neighbors from now on. They the real deal.
[close]

Mike Lottie being a 1 percenter from a family full of LA real estate brokers and developers make this seem like there is more to this story than just dumb skate shop beef.
[close]

None of this is true. His family is from Marin County, and his parents owned and operated a children's book store in Oakland.

Why would "dick gumshoe", long time poster, lie to us though?
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #846 on: June 08, 2021, 06:20:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Independently from what is the actual issue with Lotties, the way Nakel is trying to solve the problem is a fruitless way.
Life is not a rap music video, and if he actually wants to help the scene he should act in a constructive way, not a destructive way.
I think he needs help.
[close]

everyone stop acting like all the problems you've had in your life were solved by your insanely grown and
always right sense of mind and you huge brain. you are imperfect too let him solves his stuff the way he wants.

thank.

I think you won that award like months ago. Also the award for nickels #1 fanboy, you feel me?

dick gumshoe

• Rep: -7
« Reply #847 on: June 08, 2021, 06:23:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

His mother's maiden name is Judith Wexler. She is the daughter of Chicago real estate tycoon Jerrold Wexler.  When he died she and her siblings inherited 68% of Jupiter Industries, Jerrold Wexler's company. At the time of his death the company was valued at 2.5 billion dollars. There were extended legal battles for control of the fortune in the mid 90s but the siblings held on to pretty much all of the shares they inherited. Over the years they have sold off parts of the business to get access to cash. In 2005 for instance they sold off the trucking wing of the business for 250 million dollars. There is a lot of information about the Wexler family in business and financial magazine archives due to the ugly legal battles between the siblings and the representatives of Jupiter.

here is an obituary of Jerrold Wexler, which gives a concise overview of his business activity and fortune:

https://www.nytimes.com/1992/11/12/us/jerrold-wexler-68-chicago-developer-who-built-empire.html

Related, Judith Wexler's sister Jane married into a different wealthy family who is heavily involved in redeveloping real estate in Los Angeles.

IpathCats

« Reply #848 on: June 08, 2021, 06:29:54 AM »
Fuck lotties, Fuck Nak, Fuck the entire west coast and their nice weather.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #849 on: June 08, 2021, 06:44:53 AM »
Expand Quote
I think he needs help.
[close]

thank.

you can’t do year end awards in june- you got plenty of time to defend your title

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #850 on: June 08, 2021, 06:47:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

His mother's maiden name is Judith Wexler. She is the daughter of Chicago real estate tycoon Jerrold Wexler.  When he died she and her siblings inherited 68% of Jupiter Industries, Jerrold Wexler's company. At the time of his death the company was valued at 2.5 billion dollars. There were extended legal battles for control of the fortune in the mid 90s but the siblings held on to pretty much all of the shares they inherited. Over the years they have sold off parts of the business to get access to cash. In 2005 for instance they sold off the trucking wing of the business for 250 million dollars. There is a lot of information about the Wexler family in business and financial magazine archives due to the ugly legal battles between the siblings and the representatives of Jupiter.

here is an obituary of Jerrold Wexler, which gives a concise overview of his business activity and fortune:

https://www.nytimes.com/1992/11/12/us/jerrold-wexler-68-chicago-developer-who-built-empire.html

Related, Judith Wexler's sister Jane married into a different wealthy family who is heavily involved in redeveloping real estate in Los Angeles.

I posted a link to the family tree a page or so back.   

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #851 on: June 08, 2021, 07:04:06 AM »
One percenter like Hell's Angels? Or 1% of the pop controlling 99% of the wealth?

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #852 on: June 08, 2021, 07:18:38 AM »
One percenter like Hell's Angels? Or 1% of the pop controlling 99% of the wealth?
I thought it was 3%

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

donkey

• Rep: -67
  • donk
« Reply #853 on: June 08, 2021, 07:33:46 AM »
now we are definitely getting somewhere with this family tree information. very interesting.

fongool

• Rep: 94
« Reply #854 on: June 08, 2021, 07:36:52 AM »
I like that his aunt is Daryl Hannah

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1065
« Reply #855 on: June 08, 2021, 07:45:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Who wore it best?

[close]

Holy Crap that's my neighbor's daughter. I am the same age as her mother. Think I might need to quit SLAP....

If you do FOCUS and then return please come back as Frankincense and Gall. For continuity sake.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #856 on: June 08, 2021, 07:53:26 AM »
if only there had been a poster that was known for pulling legal documents and getting the true inside scoop on skate things.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1296
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #857 on: June 08, 2021, 07:53:57 AM »
Hopefully now that lotties is closed, hopefully Neighbors can do a bunch for the community.

Also, people with money often indulge in hobbies. Opening a skateshop is harmless in the grand scheme of things.

Also also, if nak is keeping it real, what has his long time past sponsor supreme done for the local skate community? Where are the flyers for giveaways? Or is a hype shop only allowed to exist when they pay him and aren't located where he grew up?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 08:40:19 AM by camel filters »

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1296
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #858 on: June 08, 2021, 08:28:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Somebody gotta come through with more details than just "trying to block other skateshops." Someone said he was talking shit to reps about Neighbors... what could he have said? If Lotties is funded by family money, why would he worry about competing with another shop? Is that fact alone the thing that Nak is taking an issue with? If there is more to the story, I would like to see some proof.

And I don't care who you are or where you're from, condemning violence and robbing is not racist. I highly doubt his original post said, "Stay away from ______ park, the black kids who skate there are going to rob you." Did he ever actually target any individuals, or did he just say stay away from the park where people have been getting jumped? And yeah people get jumped at skateparks, but what's the better response: "it happens" or "watch your back and stay away." If your local is dangerous, just fuckin accept it and agree with the "stay safe" message or do something about it rather than rip up the shirts because someone pointed it out.

Nak is really doubling down and in the comments on IG, if he has something actual to say I wish he'd just say it. Vague tidbits followed by "and there you have it!" isn't really doin it. We need details, Nak, nitty gritty details.
[close]
He was talkin bout "Bloods" First line on wikipedia says "The Bloods are a primarily African-American street gang founded in Los Angeles, California." Lotties moved to the hood and then instead of tryin to help wit the problems he complainin about he talked shit about the locals, closed and went back to whatever rich neighborhood he came from instead of doin somethin to help. This also aint the first time Lotties moved into a hood and got told to bounce. That was they 3rd location. Give your money to Neighbors Skate Shop. From the hood for the hood.
What's the correct way to address the problem? What is a shop's role in addressing violence? Genuinely asking because Nak's response was that violence just happens and he wished it didn't. 
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 08:37:44 AM by camel filters »

ZeroSk81999

• Rep: 5
« Reply #859 on: June 08, 2021, 08:31:22 AM »
um ppl were just havin a laugh at the cringe tier lolcow meltdown a washed up pro posted publicly on their instagram. he was actually so totally incoherent it took another couple pages to even figure out what situation he was (attempting to) address.

if you want to dox the owner's family or shill your new skateshop whatever it is you're trying to do here why not make your own thread for that rather than derailing this one to insist that harassment of the child patrons of a skateboard store is Okay since the owner is white and might be related to people who own property

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #860 on: June 08, 2021, 08:37:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
He was talkin bout "Bloods" First line on wikipedia says "The Bloods are a primarily African-American street gang founded in Los Angeles, California." Lotties moved to the hood and then instead of tryin to help wit the problems he complainin about he talked shit about the locals, closed and went back to whatever rich neighborhood he came from instead of doin somethin to help. This also aint the first time Lotties moved into a hood and got told to bounce. That was they 3rd location. Give your money to Neighbors Skate Shop. From the hood for the hood.
[close]
What's the correct way to address the problem? What is a shop's role in addressing violence? Genuinely asking because Nak's response was that violence just happens and he wished it didn't.
[close]
I dunno the answer to that but if he gonna speak on it he at least gotta be ready to try and do somethin about it more than talkin on the internet. Thats a white guy tellin mexican kids not to fuck with black kids in a hood he aint even from. This area been violent forever. If he care so much then why he close up shop and run instead of tryin to actually help.

Didn’t he warn some of his locals about violence happening at the neighborhood park?   Don’t see what the global issue is here

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
« Reply #861 on: June 08, 2021, 08:47:54 AM »
He probably doesn’t “tap in” with y’all because y’all seem to have a problem not beating up and robbing children. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #862 on: June 08, 2021, 08:52:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]
I dunno the answer to that but if he gonna speak on it he at least gotta be ready to try and do somethin about it more than talkin on the internet. Thats a white guy tellin mexican kids not to fuck with black kids in a hood he aint even from. This area been violent forever. If he care so much then why he close up shop and run instead of tryin to actually help.
[close]

Didn’t he warn some of his locals about violence happening at the neighborhood park?   Don’t see what the global issue is here
[close]
His locals is like 8 mexican kids none of us in this neighborhood even know. Mike don't tap in with the actual locals cause we not cool enough for him and his shop. He just like to speak on local problems.

Again, didn’t he just speak on something by telling people to avoid a sketchy situation?

Burner Account

« Reply #863 on: June 08, 2021, 08:55:04 AM »
Long time lurker, just created a profile.
Huge fan of slap. shalom, ya’ll.

This is what is aggravating as hell.
I don’t think you realize the liability exposure and responsibility of the shop owner.
To have a literal gang jumping children and ripping clothes off of people PLUS a pseudo-celebrity condoning this behavior (focusing the shit out of all of your product) you as the shop owner and an adult in general, could face punishment.

To put it into perspective, the shop owner is knowingly selling children products (boards and shirts) that will get them jumped, robbed and naked with the business name splattered all over it. Think if a kid gets beat to death. Who will the family lawyers go after? The blood gang? Hell no, the guy with the money and liability.

You as a shop owner gets a call from the kid opening up. He says he doesn’t feel safe going in. Lurkers are everywhere and there is news of kids getting jumped because of associations to your business.
To say, “hell no, get your bitch ass in that store and sell some dlx and baker” Now puts the burden of that kids well-being into your hands. Anything that happens from that point is on you. The mob breaks that kids arm... your paying that bill, bud.

The courts are ugly and ruthless as hell especially when you put morals (protecting children) under personal gain (keep your business running).

Depending on how the business was setup, the shop owner could be personally held responsible for any damages or bodily harm. Think if a kid ending up in a coma! Lotties might be able to absorb that him personally? No way.

It doesn’t make business sense especially when topped with a local idiot of supreme fame to dictate if you do enough or not.

Which brings me to my next point... nakel, you suck.
Your entitlement is so far off the radar. To think that you should physically police what people wear and ride so that it’s tailored to your liking is disgusting. Fuck nakel and honestly fuck dill and Ave for letting this fly.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
« Reply #864 on: June 08, 2021, 08:56:22 AM »
You’re a fucking clown and you’re actually on here trying to make excuses for kids getting hurt.  You outta be ashamed of yourself. 

I saw the original post Mike made.  It was a screenshot of a video that was being passed around of a guy getting beat up and robbed and Mike’s caption said something along the lines of “this guy got beat up for being a skateboarder”.  The next post was him advising his locals to stay away from 2 local parks temporarily because “they’re robbing Mexican kids”. 

Are you saying Mexican kids weren’t being robbed and beaten up?  Were they being targeted for their ethnicity?  You seem to think that racially motivated attacks on minors is equal to or not as bad as an adult who interacts with those minors warning them of possible danger?  Are you saying it’s ok that this is happening to children because Mike may come from money? 

Trying to understand your logic because it sounds pretty fucking braindead from where I’m standing
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #865 on: June 08, 2021, 09:09:38 AM »
guy who ripped off dystopia vs guy most known for his falling technique

riveting times

ManimalChin

• Rep: 22
« Reply #866 on: June 08, 2021, 09:12:42 AM »
His locals is like 8 mexican kids none of us in this neighborhood even know. Mike don't tap in with the actual locals cause we not cool enough for him and his shop. He just like to speak on local problems.

Lol you keep tabs on all the local skateboard kids? I live nearby and have certainly skated over in the area. I'm an adult though so maybe I'm not an easy target.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 588
« Reply #867 on: June 08, 2021, 09:14:20 AM »
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #868 on: June 08, 2021, 09:26:02 AM »
This whole situation is sad.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #869 on: June 08, 2021, 09:26:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Lol you keep tabs on all the local skateboard kids? I live nearby and have certainly skated over in the area. I'm an adult though so maybe I'm not an easy target.
[close]
nah but we all know each other at least a lil if you from over here it aint some huge scene and I still stand on that shit mike don't look out for nobody he don't think is personally cool enough for his shop image shit. the whole thing was just bout him. them little kids prolly don't even realize he was usin them for clout in the industry. tricked everyone into thinkin he was some white savior to the hood by givin a couple kids some stickers. I'll gladly spend my money at Neighbors from here on out. Support black owned.

No one gives a fuck about your hood politics.

Why can't everyone just fucking skate together.... Jesus Christ.

There's only one bad actor here and it's the morons instigating violence.

Also you make xoflipxo likeable.

I seriously think you are Nak because you are coming across as hateable as him on Instagram.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in