Author Topic: nakel lotties rant  (Read 178530 times)

ManimalChin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 22
Re: nakel lotties rant
« Reply #900 on: June 08, 2021, 11:25:00 AM »
I guess we know where Jonah stands

mushroom slice

« Reply #901 on: June 08, 2021, 11:29:01 AM »
You guys should battle it out at the berries and not in the streets.

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #902 on: June 08, 2021, 11:33:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Long time lurker, just created a profile.
Huge fan of slap. shalom, ya’ll.

This is what is aggravating as hell.
I don’t think you realize the liability exposure and responsibility of the shop owner.
To have a literal gang jumping children and ripping clothes off of people PLUS a pseudo-celebrity condoning this behavior (focusing the shit out of all of your product) you as the shop owner and an adult in general, could face punishment.

To put it into perspective, the shop owner is knowingly selling children products (boards and shirts) that will get them jumped, robbed and naked with the business name splattered all over it. Think if a kid gets beat to death. Who will the family lawyers go after? The blood gang? Hell no, the guy with the money and liability.

You as a shop owner gets a call from the kid opening up. He says he doesn’t feel safe going in. Lurkers are everywhere and there is news of kids getting jumped because of associations to your business.
To say, “hell no, get your bitch ass in that store and sell some dlx and baker” Now puts the burden of that kids well-being into your hands. Anything that happens from that point is on you. The mob breaks that kids arm... your paying that bill, bud.

The courts are ugly and ruthless as hell especially when you put morals (protecting children) under personal gain (keep your business running).

Depending on how the business was setup, the shop owner could be personally held responsible for any damages or bodily harm. Think if a kid ending up in a coma! Lotties might be able to absorb that him personally? No way.
[close]

This has no basis in reality. Nike doesn’t get sued when some kid gets robbed for his rare Jordans. The shop would never be held legally responsible because someone got violent over a t-shirt. If this got to a judge, they’d dismiss a claim like this with prejudice.
[close]

I’m a corporate attorney. Shut up.
[close]

Then it shouldn't be hard for you to come up with some instances of something like this actually happening.
[close]

It’s not hard at all. My time is billable though.. jk.
Brother I’ve sued and have been sued for less.
True.
Most of these cases will never make it to court.
 A judge couldn’t care less. Honestly, I couldnt care less half the time but I would have an absolute field day as a families attorney suing a lotties right now.
Especially if that kid was told to open the shop got himself tore up in the parking AFTER stating that he felt unsafe.

It’s the real world. I hate it and I’m sorry but that’s the reality of liability claims.

If this is totally unrealistic then you should have no problem pointing to cases similar to this that have been so prejudicially dismissed... am I right?

So, yeah, that's not how this works since trial court orders prejudicially dismissing cases are practically never published and getting on a court's document access service and searching for a case with this fact pattern would be a spectacular waste of time providing nothing of value.

Upon what theory would this supposed liability be based?  Since you're a highly valuable expert, you should just be able to say what the cause of action would be and other attorneys would then at least have a starting point.  If you can't do that, you're probably just an internet liar, which, hey, everyone has their vices.     

Burner Account

« Reply #903 on: June 08, 2021, 11:39:36 AM »
You don’t have a starting point so you want mine

Burner Account

« Reply #904 on: June 08, 2021, 11:41:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I don’t think you realize the liability exposure and responsibility of the shop owner.
To have a literal gang jumping children and ripping clothes off of people PLUS a pseudo-celebrity condoning this behavior (focusing the shit out of all of your product) you as the shop owner and an adult in general, could face punishment.

To put it into perspective, the shop owner is knowingly selling children products (boards and shirts) that will get them jumped, robbed and naked with the business name splattered all over it. Think if a kid gets beat to death. Who will the family lawyers go after? The blood gang? Hell no, the guy with the money and liability.

You as a shop owner gets a call from the kid opening up. He says he doesn’t feel safe going in. Lurkers are everywhere and there is news of kids getting jumped because of associations to your business.
To say, “hell no, get your bitch ass in that store and sell some dlx and baker” Now puts the burden of that kids well-being into your hands. Anything that happens from that point is on you. The mob breaks that kids arm... your paying that bill, bud.

The courts are ugly and ruthless as hell especially when you put morals (protecting children) under personal gain (keep your business running).

Depending on how the business was setup, the shop owner could be personally held responsible for any damages or bodily harm. Think if a kid ending up in a coma! Lotties might be able to absorb that him personally? No way.
[close]

This has no basis in reality. Nike doesn’t get sued when some kid gets robbed for his rare Jordans. The shop would never be held legally responsible because someone got violent over a t-shirt. If this got to a judge, they’d dismiss a claim like this with prejudice.
[close]

[close]

Then it shouldn't be hard for you to come up with some instances of something like this actually happening.
[close]

True.
 A judge couldn’t care less. Honestly, I couldnt care less half the time but I would have an absolute field day as a families attorney suing a lotties right now.
Especially if that kid was told to open the shop got himself tore up in the parking AFTER stating that he felt unsafe.

It’s the real world. I hate it and I’m sorry but that’s the reality of liability claims.

If this is totally unrealistic then you should have no problem pointing to cases similar to this that have been so prejudicially dismissed... am I right?
[close]

So, yeah, that's not how this works since trial court orders prejudicially dismissing cases are practically never published and getting on a court's document access service and searching for a case with this fact pattern would be a spectacular waste of time providing nothing of value.

Upon what theory would this supposed liability be based?  Since you're a highly valuable expert, you should just be able to say what the cause of action would be and other attorneys would then at least have a starting point.  If you can't do that, you're probably just an internet liar, which, hey, everyone has their vices.     

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #905 on: June 08, 2021, 11:41:50 AM »

Prinzy

• Rep: 178
« Reply #906 on: June 08, 2021, 11:48:35 AM »

sides are being taken

spongebob is lit and if i see any spongebob slander i'm pulling up to your house and beating your ass

Burner Account

« Reply #907 on: June 08, 2021, 11:50:38 AM »
Expand Quote

Good area, bad area, hood or the hills... these are all moot points.
I’m trying to simplify this for the Nak-minded and because well, this is slap and not law school.

I could really take you down a notch but that wouldn’t be respectful.
[close]

come on man go for it. let's hear some more legal stuff from the guy who went to parson's for law school

I’m not trying to get all legally mc legal my guy. I’m just saying... I don’t blame the shop owner doing what he did. He was justified.

Parsons? I went to Georgetown. Graduated 2004 with a JD and moved to Pennsylvania. Sorry

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #908 on: June 08, 2021, 11:51:37 AM »

sides are being taken

His dog is so cool

I can't see many people in the industry taking Naks side....
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Rocko

• Rep: 39
« Reply #909 on: June 08, 2021, 11:55:26 AM »
Expand Quote

sides are being taken
[close]

His dog is so cool

I can't see many people in the industry taking Naks side....

Or skateboarders over the age of 16

Burner Account

« Reply #910 on: June 08, 2021, 11:55:38 AM »

Genuinely hilarious!
I’m secretly Nakel. Undercover mission to ensure that I have support from all angles no matter what they say. Lesssss goooi

Mr. Stinky

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #911 on: June 08, 2021, 12:02:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

True.

[close]

[close]

Bro, you're the one saying a business can be liable when someone wears their merchandise and gets beat up by a third party over whom they have no control.  This sounds completely ludicrous and warrants some kind of citation.  Or just keep kooking it, I don't really care.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #912 on: June 08, 2021, 12:08:34 PM »
only adding to this thread knowing Yung Nickelback is refreshing the shit every 30 seconds. imagine being kareems nephew, having everything handed to you including getting sponsed by the few companies that actually pay people, and this is what you do??  lmfao...cry, complain, write walls of text but not actually say a single fucking thing, and wear silver bootcut pants "for the pain". full blown Jcat my dude.

i really cant tell whos trolling anymore, but if you borons are really trying to make this a race thing get real. should he have said "fuck you kid, if youre not gonna get in there and sell some baker boards ill find someone who will!" because thats what it seems like some of yall are on, and thats some real braindead 13 year old type decision making right there.

also how are yall just now finding out and acting suprised this dude is rich? i thought it was well established the entire quartersnacks/ green diamond crew (now called Alltimers) were the rich offspring of CEOs, actual brain surgeons, wall streeters etc...or were yall not skating yet when we were talking about rich mahogany on here? im too old for this shit

miles marquez used to kill it though. that dude still skate? i know he joined the army like a decade back but i dont keep up with shit

regardless let Nickel be an example of how not to navigate through life. especially if you start making a little money.

free max b
FREE MAX B

Burner Account

« Reply #913 on: June 08, 2021, 12:09:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

True.

[close]

[close]
[close]

Bro, you're the one saying a business can be liable when someone wears their merchandise and gets beat up by a third party over whom they have no control.  This sounds completely ludicrous and warrants some kind of citation.  Or just keep kooking it, I don't really care.

I’m actually not.
It does sound completely ludicrous under those terms. But Ok. I’ll keep doing me. You keep doing you. You’re the coolest though. I can tell from the passive aggression

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #914 on: June 08, 2021, 12:11:55 PM »
Some dude really got so butthurt he created a new slap account just to defend mikes honor and pretend he’s a lawyer. Wild

This is some 5d chess and mike and nak were the ones beating up Latino kids together, then faking conflict to increase Lotties sales, drive hype for the new Lotties location grand opening, and get dummies to buy naks mixtape. Well played lizard overlords

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #915 on: June 08, 2021, 12:14:07 PM »
Expand Quote

also how are yall just now finding out and acting suprised this dude is rich? i thought it was well established the entire green diamond crew (now called Alltimers) were the rich offspring of CEOs, actual brain surgeons, wall streeters etc...or were yall not skating yet when we were talking about rich mahogany on here? im too old for this shit

[close]

theres different levels though. theres brain surgeon rich. then theres Alex Midler's dad rich. then theres my grandpa used to own the Denver Nuggets rich. I don't think there are too many (or any) other guys in skating from that last category.

What fiddlers dad do ?

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #916 on: June 08, 2021, 12:19:01 PM »
I’ve been following this thread the whole time and still couldn’t tell you exactly what is happening. It’s like when someone tells a bad joke and you hear the punchline, but then you’re like “nah that cant be the punchline that’s not really funny” and you’re not sure if you got the joke or not.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #917 on: June 08, 2021, 12:19:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

also how are yall just now finding out and acting suprised this dude is rich? i thought it was well established the entire green diamond crew (now called Alltimers) were the rich offspring of CEOs, actual brain surgeons, wall streeters etc...or were yall not skating yet when we were talking about rich mahogany on here? im too old for this shit

[close]

theres different levels though. theres brain surgeon rich. then theres Alex Midler's dad rich. then theres my grandpa used to own the Denver Nuggets rich. I don't think there are too many (or any) other guys in skating from that last category.
[close]

What fiddlers dad do ?
[close]

https://www.cbre.com/people-and-offices/laurence-midler

No wonder he made bail so quickly when he got arrested in DC a few months back. Also find humor that his dad is a "Chief Risk Officer" and Alex is just tossing himself all over the place and sacking 30 sets
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Mr. Stinky

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #918 on: June 08, 2021, 12:21:09 PM »
I’m actually not.
It does sound completely ludicrous under those terms. But Ok. I’ll keep doing me. You keep doing you. You’re the coolest though. I can tell from the passive aggression

Come on, hotshot, what's the theory of the case where you would "have a field day suing Lottie's"?  Just give us a little taste of your scintillating legal acumen and mastery of "liability."

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1428
« Reply #919 on: June 08, 2021, 12:24:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

What fiddlers dad do ?
[close]

Yo what the fuck company is he working for? That is the most corporate nothing speak website I've ever seen in my life

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #920 on: June 08, 2021, 12:33:57 PM »
I’ve been following this thread the whole time and still couldn’t tell you exactly what is happening. It’s like when someone tells a bad joke and you hear the punchline, but then you’re like “nah that cant be the punchline that’s not really funny” and you’re not sure if you got the joke or not.

This is exactly how im feeling right now, everyone who is anti lotties seems to only be mad because he was nicer to the younger kids from the neighborhood than he was to them when they came in and asked for free grip, which doesn't really need explaining if you ask me.

passtheish

• Rep: 6
« Reply #921 on: June 08, 2021, 12:39:30 PM »
13 pages over some stupid innocuous shit, I wonder why? Some of you guys can’t wait to shit on black skaters ,and frankly, it’s pathetic.

30+ pages now and i think this needs to be said more

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 577
« Reply #922 on: June 08, 2021, 12:40:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

What fiddlers dad do ?
[close]

[close]

Yo what the fuck company is he working for? That is the most corporate nothing speak website I've ever seen in my life
[close]

CBRE is the rebrand of Caldwell Banker if that rings a bell. it's a massive f500 commercial real estate management firm

Lol wild my girl works for CBRE

Also this thread has gone into so many different directions. We got lawyers up in here now?

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #923 on: June 08, 2021, 12:48:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

What fiddlers dad do ?
[close]

[close]

[close]

CBRE is the rebrand of Caldwell Banker if that rings a bell. it's a massive f500 commercial real estate management firm
[close]

Lol wild my girl works for CBRE

Also this thread has gone into so many different directions. We got lawyers up in here now?

Yeah the I'm smarter than you legal dick measuring contest is kinda distracting

Burner Account

« Reply #924 on: June 08, 2021, 12:58:42 PM »
Expand Quote
I’m actually not.
[close]

Come on, hotshot, what's the theory of the case where you would "have a field day suing Lottie's"?  Just give us a little taste of your scintillating legal acumen and mastery of "liability."

I thought you didn’t care? I thought I had your permission to kook it all over the place?

“I would Have a field day...” why did you feel the need to jump on me for this?
Are you trying to cool guy me? Your obviously cool as shit if I can’t even express my opinion.. from my perspective, in your presence.

Guess what, if I had a hot air balloon I would really enjoy flying it. The time of my life actually.
Prior to, should I submit to you my theory of thermal dynamics and what will keep me in the air?

Tell me, oh expert skateboard messaging board messiah, do I need to submit to you my theory of physics before I heelflip again?

Guys like you man, guys like you.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #925 on: June 08, 2021, 01:00:12 PM »
You're taking a long ass lunch, dude. Isn't it almost dinner time?

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2220
« Reply #926 on: June 08, 2021, 01:00:41 PM »
Feel like I'm being Nickel and Dime'd here

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Burner Account

« Reply #927 on: June 08, 2021, 01:16:24 PM »

And here is another one. Someone else trying to knick pick how I spend my time and my life.
I think one of the first replies was that “I couldn’t care less half the time”.

This is the type of guy who snitches when his co-worker has too many smoke breaks.

I liked slap better when no one spoke to me lol.

Peace bitch. Now I’ll get to work on my hot air balloon theory in peace.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #928 on: June 08, 2021, 01:24:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

And here is another one. Someone else trying to knick pick how I spend my time and my life.
I think one of the first replies was that “I couldn’t care less half the time”.

This is the type of guy who snitches when his co-worker has too many smoke breaks.

I liked slap better when no one spoke to me lol.

Peace bitch. Now I’ll get to work on my hot air balloon theory in peace.

Sounds like a cool law firm. How many popsicles do they let you have?

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1296
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #929 on: June 08, 2021, 01:24:33 PM »
I had to look back on the thread to make sure that the vulc vs cupsole argument was indeed in the same thread that developed into Lotties entire genealogy, hot air baloon theories, and f500 commercial real estate firms.