Author Topic: nakel lotties rant  (Read 179016 times)

notmikerusczyk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
Re: nakel lotties rant
« Reply #930 on: June 08, 2021, 01:24:54 PM »
what was the verdict on the vulc/cupsole status of the owens?
edit: lmao @camel filters beat me by 20 seconds

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1297
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #931 on: June 08, 2021, 01:27:47 PM »
what was the verdict on the vulc/cupsole status of the owens?
The owens are vulcs but the early models didn't have the traditional bumper over the wrap? Something like that.

Edit: haha just saw your mention @notmikerusczyk I thought you were genuinely asking me lol

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1428
« Reply #932 on: June 08, 2021, 01:29:33 PM »

"tell me mr lotties, when you told these kids to avoid the park, weren't you in fact 'not keeping it real, feel me, on God??? NO FURTHER QUESTIONS!"

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1091
« Reply #933 on: June 08, 2021, 01:36:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Long time lurker, just created a profile.
Huge fan of slap. shalom, ya’ll.

This is what is aggravating as hell.
I don’t think you realize the liability exposure and responsibility of the shop owner.
To have a literal gang jumping children and ripping clothes off of people PLUS a pseudo-celebrity condoning this behavior (focusing the shit out of all of your product) you as the shop owner and an adult in general, could face punishment.

To put it into perspective, the shop owner is knowingly selling children products (boards and shirts) that will get them jumped, robbed and naked with the business name splattered all over it. Think if a kid gets beat to death. Who will the family lawyers go after? The blood gang? Hell no, the guy with the money and liability.

You as a shop owner gets a call from the kid opening up. He says he doesn’t feel safe going in. Lurkers are everywhere and there is news of kids getting jumped because of associations to your business.
To say, “hell no, get your bitch ass in that store and sell some dlx and baker” Now puts the burden of that kids well-being into your hands. Anything that happens from that point is on you. The mob breaks that kids arm... your paying that bill, bud.

The courts are ugly and ruthless as hell especially when you put morals (protecting children) under personal gain (keep your business running).

Depending on how the business was setup, the shop owner could be personally held responsible for any damages or bodily harm. Think if a kid ending up in a coma! Lotties might be able to absorb that him personally? No way.
[close]

This has no basis in reality. Nike doesn’t get sued when some kid gets robbed for his rare Jordans. The shop would never be held legally responsible because someone got violent over a t-shirt. If this got to a judge, they’d dismiss a claim like this with prejudice.
[close]

I’m a corporate attorney. Shut up.

No one’s buying this
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1091
« Reply #934 on: June 08, 2021, 01:38:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Long time lurker, just created a profile.
Huge fan of slap. shalom, ya’ll.

This is what is aggravating as hell.
I don’t think you realize the liability exposure and responsibility of the shop owner.
To have a literal gang jumping children and ripping clothes off of people PLUS a pseudo-celebrity condoning this behavior (focusing the shit out of all of your product) you as the shop owner and an adult in general, could face punishment.

To put it into perspective, the shop owner is knowingly selling children products (boards and shirts) that will get them jumped, robbed and naked with the business name splattered all over it. Think if a kid gets beat to death. Who will the family lawyers go after? The blood gang? Hell no, the guy with the money and liability.

You as a shop owner gets a call from the kid opening up. He says he doesn’t feel safe going in. Lurkers are everywhere and there is news of kids getting jumped because of associations to your business.
To say, “hell no, get your bitch ass in that store and sell some dlx and baker” Now puts the burden of that kids well-being into your hands. Anything that happens from that point is on you. The mob breaks that kids arm... your paying that bill, bud.

The courts are ugly and ruthless as hell especially when you put morals (protecting children) under personal gain (keep your business running).

Depending on how the business was setup, the shop owner could be personally held responsible for any damages or bodily harm. Think if a kid ending up in a coma! Lotties might be able to absorb that him personally? No way.
[close]

This has no basis in reality. Nike doesn’t get sued when some kid gets robbed for his rare Jordans. The shop would never be held legally responsible because someone got violent over a t-shirt. If this got to a judge, they’d dismiss a claim like this with prejudice.
[close]

I’m a corporate attorney. Shut up.
[close]

Then it shouldn't be hard for you to come up with some instances of something like this actually happening.
[close]

It’s not hard at all. My time is billable though.. jk.
Brother I’ve sued and have been sued for less.
True.
Most of these cases will never make it to court.
 A judge couldn’t care less. Honestly, I couldnt care less half the time but I would have an absolute field day as a families attorney suing a lotties right now.
Especially if that kid was told to open the shop got himself tore up in the parking AFTER stating that he felt unsafe.

It’s the real world. I hate it and I’m sorry but that’s the reality of liability claims.

If this is totally unrealistic then you should have no problem pointing to cases similar to this that have been so prejudicially dismissed... am I right?

lol this “lawyer” is unfamiliar with the burden of proof. Keep digging, buddy!
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

bo bice

• Rep: 86
« Reply #935 on: June 08, 2021, 02:15:01 PM »
 Nak must be so grateful this thread turned into a Patrick Bateman-circle jerk and took the heat off of him

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #936 on: June 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM »
Nak must be so grateful this thread turned into a Patrick Bateman-circle jerk and took the heat off of him

Lol so true
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #937 on: June 08, 2021, 02:21:28 PM »
Expand Quote
You're taking a long ass lunch, dude. Isn't it almost dinner time?
[close]
And here is another one. Someone else trying to knick pick how I spend my time and my life.
I think one of the first replies was that “I couldn’t care less half the time”.
It's "nitpick," you dolt.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #938 on: June 08, 2021, 02:23:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I’m actually not.
It does sound completely ludicrous under those terms. But Ok. I’ll keep doing me. You keep doing you. You’re the coolest though. I can tell from the passive aggression
[close]

Come on, hotshot, what's the theory of the case where you would "have a field day suing Lottie's"?  Just give us a little taste of your scintillating legal acumen and mastery of "liability."
[close]

I thought you didn’t care? I thought I had your permission to kook it all over the place?

“I would Have a field day...” why did you feel the need to jump on me for this?
Are you trying to cool guy me? Your obviously cool as shit if I can’t even express my opinion.. from my perspective, in your presence.

Guess what, if I had a hot air balloon I would really enjoy flying it. The time of my life actually.
Prior to, should I submit to you my theory of thermal dynamics and what will keep me in the air?

Tell me, oh expert skateboard messaging board messiah, do I need to submit to you my theory of physics before I heelflip again?

Guys like you man, guys like you.

they don’t teach u the diff between you’re and your at georgetown ?

squippy

• Rep: -65
« Reply #939 on: June 08, 2021, 02:27:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Finally someone talkin bout Lotties tryin to stop black owned Neighbors Skate Shop from openin by hatin on em to every rep in the industry. Lotties dude is a kook. Most of the locals in South LA agree. Y'all just not from here and can't look past the "cool" vans collabs. Go get your boards from Neighbors. They the real deal.
[close]
get off slap nak
[close]
you wish bitch but good job at avoidin what I said

Is it that hard to put the "g" at the end of avoiding?

mushroom slice

« Reply #940 on: June 08, 2021, 02:28:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I’m actually not.
It does sound completely ludicrous under those terms. But Ok. I’ll keep doing me. You keep doing you. You’re the coolest though. I can tell from the passive aggression
[close]

Come on, hotshot, what's the theory of the case where you would "have a field day suing Lottie's"?  Just give us a little taste of your scintillating legal acumen and mastery of "liability."
[close]

I thought you didn’t care? I thought I had your permission to kook it all over the place?

“I would Have a field day...” why did you feel the need to jump on me for this?
Are you trying to cool guy me? Your obviously cool as shit if I can’t even express my opinion.. from my perspective, in your presence.

Guess what, if I had a hot air balloon I would really enjoy flying it. The time of my life actually.
Prior to, should I submit to you my theory of thermal dynamics and what will keep me in the air?

Tell me, oh expert skateboard messaging board messiah, do I need to submit to you my theory of physics before I heelflip again?

Guys like you man, guys like you.
[close]

they don’t teach u the diff between you’re and your at georgetown ?
You R

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -213
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #941 on: June 08, 2021, 02:41:20 PM »
Lesson learned:

Don’t be a menace to South Central
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

squippy

« Reply #942 on: June 08, 2021, 02:47:41 PM »

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #943 on: June 08, 2021, 04:24:46 PM »
Alright enough. Unleash the Lawndale
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #944 on: June 08, 2021, 04:56:03 PM »

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2220
« Reply #945 on: June 08, 2021, 04:58:10 PM »
Lesson learned:

Don’t be a menace to South Central
While reppin' your Lotties collab in the hood

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

companguero

• Rep: 249
  • sesquipedalian
« Reply #946 on: June 08, 2021, 05:17:28 PM »

Quote from: lazer69
Bitch, I dont got time to be on here reading every post.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #947 on: June 08, 2021, 05:18:13 PM »
I’ve been following this thread the whole time and still couldn’t tell you exactly what is happening. It’s like when someone tells a bad joke and you hear the punchline, but then you’re like “nah that cant be the punchline that’s not really funny” and you’re not sure if you got the joke or not.

Same.

All that I can gather is that Nak was mad at Lotties for not supporting the LA skate scene (which is weird because it seemed like they were), his boys ripped a Lotties hoodie on Instagram, Lotties shut down claiming it’s  because of safety issues (which also sounds weird because it seems like you don’t need much of a reason to get your ass beat in LA in general, so wtf increased danger is Lotties in?) Something about blacks vs Latinos prison politics, Julius Randles poor playoff performance, E3 Xbox predictions...

I don’t fucking know, just find it funny that the one time it probably makes sense for Jason Dill to talk he’s hella ghost lol.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #948 on: June 08, 2021, 05:31:23 PM »
So any truth to the claim that Lotties was using his money and real estate connections to block the new shop?

El Chupacabra

• Rep: 147
    • Brujaria Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #949 on: June 08, 2021, 05:57:36 PM »
Palisades sucks so bad.

Have to go out there for work from time to time and the "fuck you peasant" air is thick enough to cut with a fancy charcuterie knife.

Live in Pali and run a shop in West Adams and are surprised when the locals sniff that shit out?

ManimalChin

• Rep: 22
« Reply #950 on: June 08, 2021, 06:11:34 PM »
Palisades sucks so bad.

Have to go out there for work from time to time and the "fuck you peasant" air is thick enough to cut with a fancy charcuterie knife.

Live in Pali and run a shop in West Adams and are surprised when the locals sniff that shit out?

It's like that everywhere in LA, my dude

Tuff Lover

• Rep: 4
« Reply #951 on: June 08, 2021, 06:17:15 PM »
Holy shit! can this thread be moved to "whatever"

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
  • Free Max B
« Reply #952 on: June 08, 2021, 06:20:12 PM »
the Lottie background was an interesting twist. but nakel doesn't act like a guy who is worried about his next paycheck either. whats his story. nothing in LA is ever what it seems
His uncle is Kareem Campbell

Free max b
FREE MAX B

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #953 on: June 08, 2021, 06:33:36 PM »
Palisades sucks so bad.

Respect that commute

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #954 on: June 08, 2021, 06:42:33 PM »
If this, of all threads, doesn't classify as "useless wooden toy banter" then I don't know what does. This is peak banter my guy

squippy

« Reply #955 on: June 08, 2021, 06:45:04 PM »
Expand Quote
the Lottie background was an interesting twist. but nakel doesn't act like a guy who is worried about his next paycheck either. whats his story. nothing in LA is ever what it seems
[close]
His uncle is Kareem Campbell

Free max b

Is Kareem financially solvent nowadays with all of his failed brand revivals?

Tuff Lover

• Rep: 4
« Reply #956 on: June 08, 2021, 06:57:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
If this, of all threads, doesn't classify as "useless wooden toy banter" then I don't know what does. This is peak banter my guy

I'm not your guy, buddy...

Was ok for a bit but it's pretty wack now. Absolutely nothing new has come to light for a while.  Banter? Lmao

El Chupacabra

• Rep: 147
    • Brujaria Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #957 on: June 08, 2021, 07:04:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Palisades sucks so bad.

[close]

Respect that commute

Haha! It’s cool, probably got a Tesla. Saving the earth and whatnot.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #958 on: June 08, 2021, 07:12:28 PM »
But seriously. what the fuck Julius Randle? How did you fall off that bad? Did teams rope a dope him during the regular season or what?

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1428
« Reply #959 on: June 08, 2021, 07:16:00 PM »
But seriously. what the fuck Julius Randle? How did you fall off that bad? Did teams rope a dope him during the regular season or what?

a team where the second option is.... Old Derrick Rose? Probably not built to get past the first round